Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we do after this map is filled?

Add another piece of paper and make the map bigger.
- 3 (37.5%)
Make a map of the chasm.
- 5 (62.5%)
Something else (specify in-thread).
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map  (Read 16970 times)

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 06:53:10 pm »

PTW

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:08 pm »

You come across a dark volcano, flows of frozen lava running down the sides. The skies are filled with flying, calling wyverns, fiery serpents of the air. You find an entrance to the ancient cities of the magma folk, and enter it to explore their deep strongholds.

You record your findings in a well worn traveler's journal.
Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Where do you go now, and what do happen upon there?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 07:31:31 pm »

There is a gigantic chasm in the center to unknown depths that nearly splits the map in two(Start and end point do not reach the top and bottom of map, but are very close.) There is a Land Bridge crossing the center of the chasm that houses a giant city in the Middle.
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 07:51:52 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Credit them.

There is a gigantic chasm in the center to unknown depths that nearly splits the map in two(Start and end point do not reach the top and bottom of map, but are very close.) There is a Land Bridge crossing the center of the chasm that houses a giant city in the Middle.
+1
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 07:55:15 pm »

THERE IS ALSO THE SCYTHIAN JUNGLES, HOME OF THE SENTIENT INSECTIOD-REPTILLIAN SCYTHER. THE SCYTHER ONLY HAVE THE MOST BASIC OF BRONZE AGE TECHNOLOGY. THERE IS ALSO LITTLE METALS IN THE JUNGLES. THIS IS LIKELY DUE TO THEIR SCYTHE-LIKE APPENDAGES THEY ARE NAMED AFTER, AND SO ONLY TOOLS LIKE LEVERS CAN BE USED BY THEM BECAUSE OF THIS, THEY RELY ON SLAVERY. BUT THEY ARE ON STAGNATION DUE TO ONLY A FEW VILLAGES NEAR THEIR CLAN-FORTS. THEY SEEM TO LIKE TO WAR, BUT BECAUSE THEY SOMEHOW ALSO HAVE SOME SENSE IN THEM, THEY ONLY FIGHT AMONST(bad grammar) THEMSELVES. THEY FARM AMONST(also bad grammar) THE REMAINS OF AN ADVANCED FOR OUR ERA IRRIGATION SYSTEM, LEADING TO BELIEVE THAT AN ANCIENT ADVANCE MAGICAL CIVILIZATION CREATED THEM TO BE EITHER LIGHT INFANTRY OR FARMERS.

many other secrets await in the jungle, since it is barley explored

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 07:58:02 pm »

THERE IS ALSO THE SCYTHIAN JUNGLES, HOME OF THE SENTIENT INSECTIOD-REPTILLIAN SCYTHER. THE SCYTHER ONLY HAVE THE MOST BASIC OF BRONZE AGE TECHNOLOGY. THERE IS ALSO LITTLE METALS IN THE JUNGLES. THIS IS LIKELY DUE TO THEIR SCYTHE-LIKE APPENDAGES THEY ARE NAMED AFTER, AND SO ONLY TOOLS LIKE LEVERS CAN BE USED BY THEM BECAUSE OF THIS, THEY RELY ON SLAVERY. BUT THEY ARE ON STAGNATION DUE TO ONLY A FEW VILLAGES NEAR THEIR CLAN-FORTS. THEY SEEM TO LIKE TO WAR, BUT BECAUSE THEY SOMEHOW ALSO HAVE SOME SENSE IN THEM, THEY ONLY FIGHT AMONST(bad grammar) THEMSELVES. THEY FARM AMONST(also bad grammar) THE REMAINS OF AN ADVANCED FOR OUR ERA IRRIGATION SYSTEM, LEADING TO BELIEVE THAT AN ANCIENT ADVANCE MAGICAL CIVILIZATION CREATED THEM TO BE EITHER LIGHT INFANTRY OR FARMERS.

We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 07:58:45 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 07:59:01 pm »

BADFIC ELEMENTS?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 08:12:50 pm »

+1
+1
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

The chasm has a few scarce trees growing on its sides which seem to bloom flowers of blue and yellow. The chasm itself looks to be a full kilometre deep at least and covered in a thick fog.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

You strike out North-Westerly, soon finding a massive chasm. The shear edges fall away far deeper than the light reaches, but you cannot tell if it is merely the depth that defeats the sun, or if there is some dark and baleful fog filling the abyss. You follow it far to the North, and find a huge city in the center, built almost as if for giants. Wandering through the mighty stone halls, your bootsteps echo across streets and giants' courtyards.

Spoiler: The Giants' Canyon (click to show/hide)
What next is found?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:11 pm »

Two large stubs of stone arching inwards at each of the entrances to the city of giants. There seems to be the remains of a dirt road but it is overgrown with plant life.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 10:26:22 pm »

-1 It's not cute, poketwo, or whatever you think you're doing. So just quit it please.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 10:33:08 pm »

There lives a hermit within the old volcano settlement. He is an old giant, standing 10 feet even when arched, and half blind, but with good hearing and tremor sense. He has set up an architect hut, and can sometimes spend days wandering the halls, but always returning with various valuable things from within. He is wary of others, and aloof when he discovers a stranger in his midst, but is generally non-hostile, and willing to barter, if you have something of interest to him.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2015, 12:49:11 am »

There lives a hermit within the old volcano settlement. He is an old giant, standing 10 feet even when arched, and half blind, but with good hearing and tremor sense. He has set up an architect hut, and can sometimes spend days wandering the halls, but always returning with various valuable things from within. He is wary of others, and aloof when he discovers a stranger in his midst, but is generally non-hostile, and willing to barter, if you have something of interest to him.

+1.

His name is Crag Oldskin, once an archaeologist studying the halls of the magma men, now he permanently dwells there, trying to unearth some secret he will share with no one. His hut is stationed directly outside.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10