Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: So THAT's what my cooks have been up to.  (Read 5556 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So THAT's what my cooks have been up to.
« on: March 26, 2015, 12:22:17 pm »

Well, they'll sure make good trading stuff :D
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: So THAT's what my cooks have been up to.
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:59:56 pm »

That costs about as much as an average masterpiece roast stack. What a waste of ingredients, fire your cook.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »

That costs about as much as an average masterpiece roast stack. What a waste of ingredients, fire your cook.
This one was exceptional. It costs as much as a masterpiece. How is it a waste? Besides, what else would I do with the useless corpse of a forgotten beast?
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:06:34 pm »

I like to one-up people

Niddhoger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »

Masterwork would have been -much- more valueable.  Due to each of the four ingredients having their own value multiplier that all stack ON TOP OF the overall value roll... roasts get 5 modifiers in addition to the base material values.  Even shitty roasts sell in the thousands.  Large masterwork roasts with whip vine flour and quarry bush leaves and actual valuable meat (FB meat is the same as a cow) rival all but hte best artifacts in price.  Say, if that was made with elephant products it would cost x5 as much with the same quality/quantity.  Replace the brain with quarry leaves/whip vine flour and it would soar even higher.

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 10:53:31 pm »

The big thing that makes forgotten beast roasts able to push up the value is that the items tend to come in fairly large stacks. So while the individual roasts in the stack may not be as valuable, you can end up with some monstrously huge stacks using forgotten beast products.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 05:04:13 am »

I seem to remember having forgotten beast soap at one point. It was just in time to wash the wounds of a seven dwarf cave-in I had messed up. I was glad it was so useful :) And I've made biscuits out of forgotten beast, as well. It's nice when a nonpoisonous one comes along.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 05:14:18 am »

The big thing that makes forgotten beast roasts able to push up the value is that the items tend to come in fairly large stacks. So while the individual roasts in the stack may not be as valuable, you can end up with some monstrously huge stacks using forgotten beast products.

Yes, but this thing weights more than an average boulder. Imagine hauling such roasts to the depot en masse.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 05:36:33 am »

I demand forgotten beast soap as well.  Which is usually what i do with all my major kills.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 05:50:51 am »

Yes, a personal challenge: How many different types of soap can I have in the fort?
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 07:03:09 am »

Yes, a personal challenge: How many different types of soap can I have in the fort?

I do the same. As for worth of these items, unfortunately FB soap is worth the same most of tallow soap is worth. But sometimes you have luck and make something luxurious. Like hydra soap. It not only costs 10x more than tallow soap, it also has a proper name for a soap.

As for oil, I find it challenge because for some reason seeds of cotton or flax are missing from farming interface. Dwarves cans still make oil from them if I buy them, but that limits the quantity.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 10:17:20 am »

Yes, but this thing weights more than an average boulder. Imagine hauling such roasts to the depot en masse.
The weight you are seeing is the total weight of the stack, not each roast by itself. But it is still really heavy to haul to a depot all at once, but it would probably be split over multiple barrels.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 12:52:23 pm »

I like this.  Now, need some stock pile planning for this.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 01:56:22 pm »

I've got forgotten beast soap, hill titan soap, and demon soap. And two-humped camel soap.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:22 pm »

much lighter weight :D
Pages: [1] 2