Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Hunter and Hunted (TSG)  (Read 4664 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter and Hunted (TSG)
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 08:27:38 am »

bump?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 04:26:15 am »

bump?
Either tomorrow or next Saturday, sorry.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2015, 11:27:55 am »

:(

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 12:44:06 am »

Rest would be good, you decide. This is exactly the reason why you avoided the library for most of your life. You find your sleep restless, frequently interspersed with waking up soaked in sweat. You don't seem to have dreams anymore, though that could be good or bad either way. After about three rude awakenings, you finally manage to get a solid three hours of sleep. Any normal person would look all messed up and probably have a throbbing headache, but you actually get out of bed, get dressed and are ready for school.

Downstairs you find your mother putting a bunch of microwaveable foods on trays and setting up the table. "Good morning, sweetie. John and Jack are at work. James went to school early." She takes a seat and drinks her coffee. "You alright?"

You explain your restless night to her briefly, but you say you wanna go to school. You think it's important to get more people into your coven as soon as you can. Your mother seems worried, but she also looks like she's used to this kind of thing. She goes and wakes up Stacey and Cindy, the three of you have breakfast and get a ride to school from Mom. School's started already, but they're used to you being late for classes anyway. You try to keep an eye out for potential coven material, aside from the girls you already know (down in the bottom spoilers).

During classes you don't really get to gauge anyone's worth. Apart from seeing which snobs are good at math and which jerks rule PE class, you can't really tell if anyone would be worth the trouble explaining everything and getting them to join you.

Recess was better. You manage to see some potential in some of the students. You see Jinx selling smokes to the other kids in the girl's toilet, as per usual. One of the girls she sells a pack to seems to be new here. She left the toilet surrounded by a pack of five other girls, all tripping over each other just to talk to her. Jinx tells you her name is Jess Edmund, a transfer student. If she was turned into a witch she wouldn't even need mind control magic.

You don't manage to find anyone with potential at lunchtime. Cindy, however, did. Once more in the toilet with Jinx, she said she found another girl (though she actually was just using the toilet, instead of buying smokes). All big and tough and everything. Cindy joked that Jinx nearly yelled and told her she was in the wrong bathroom. Seriously though. She's a transfer as well, and she's been rising through the ranks of nearly all the sports teams at school. Her name as Maribel Watkins, though they just call her Mary.

After school you don't find much witch material, though some muscle did cross your mind as also being useful. Getting a few boys to fall for you wasn't really that hard in the past, though now with some magic it would probably be a breeze. Guys from the sports teams would be available and not that hard to convince. There are also a bunch of clubs that could have something useful to offer, if you had control of their members. Even teachers could be convinced to join you, if you wanted to. Aside from that, there are also people outside school you could get.

Spoiler: Laura Putnam (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hideout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coven (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 12:49:27 am »

Diana and rose. Intelligence and social skills are always useful tools to have.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2015, 10:12:26 am »

+1 to Diana

Not sure if we want someone who's going to spread the word about us being a witch, though I suppose it would help if we could find some willing volunteers via word of mouth rather than just press-ganging all of our friends into it...

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2015, 10:49:28 am »

Have our mom get a meeting with the principle. Maybe we can get them to join us through the use of magic. That way not only could our members enjoy executive grade changes if need be, but we could also use the school as a base with the principles blessing. Even more awesome would be if he could call the transfer students and peg them with something. Only to have little ole us save them later somehow.

Thoughts?

For real though we should get the rising sports star to be part of our coven somehow and find a "boyfriend" that just happens to be very strong psychically.

Black_Company

• Bay Watcher
  • Onwards, onwards to Glory !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2015, 12:06:11 pm »

+1 also ptw.also bump  :D
Consciousness is the Sun
Tenacity is the Earth
Courage became the Horizon
and Struggle is the Realization of our Oaths
-Iwan Fals,1998

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2015, 05:06:40 am »

Diana and Rose, you think, would be good additions to your coven. First you call Diana, having some general chit-chat and gossip. Then you ask about her situation. She is still unemployed and is looking for work desperately. You tell her that she could work for you. She asks what kind of job, but she seems interested. You tell her you'll explain once she gets to your house.

Next you call Rose. Of course she's all excited you decided to call her instead of vice versa, this time. Again you spend quite a while just chatting, but you get to business. You tell her to come meet you at your place. She agrees and meets you the same time as Diana.

You give a quick rundown of what's going on. Rose is undeterred but Diana looks half-embarrassed and half-pissed. "Do you think I have time for games, Laura? I thought you said you had a job!"

You try to prove what you say is true. You decide to try the lighter trick again, but before you even get your lighter out a ball of flame envelops your hand. Rose and Diana watch awe-struck. You've improved your pyromancy! Rose is a bit perturbed, but she decides to stay and hear you out some more. Diana is completely head-over-heels for whatever you had in mind. As long as she gets a way to pay for her bills and support her family. You start thinking about maybe finding a source of income; this might get expensive later on.

After a few hours of ritual bloodletting the two are now officially part of your coven! The witches and your family celebrate by having a nice take-out and a talk by the fireplace, but it is rudely interrupted by a thundering smash, followed by a screeching of car tires. Your brothers rush out with their knives and your mother gets the girls down into the basement. You go to the living room and find the window, broken, with a brick on the ground. The brick has a note on it:

The CRIMSON RADIANCE sees you, witch. We warned that old hag not to stir up trouble, but it seems her pup has gotten ahead of herself. Cease the expansion of your coven, else we will retaliate.

Spoiler: Laura Putnam (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hideout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coven (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2015, 05:43:45 am »

Ask our family about WTF.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2015, 09:52:00 am »

A secondary protagonist appears!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2015, 06:22:47 pm »

Laura:

"Mom! Who the fuck are these guys?"

"Language," your mother says. She breathes deeply. "This is what I was afraid of. Fanatics who want to hunt us down."

"Why?" you ask.

"Some for glory. Some for their faith. Some for the mere sport." Your mother's eyes become grim-set and cold. "This is why I begged your grandmother to disband her coven, just like they said, to protect you. Now I've let you jump right into the midst of it."

"They can't hurt her! She's like, got superpowers!" Cindy says, eliciting agreements from the rest of the coven.

"Not the rabble and mortal fighters I'm afraid of. It's the Hunter."

The Hunter:

You were called to pray before the corpse of your old master. The old man lies peacefully in his blessed steel coffin, dressed in his best finery with his hair all combed. He's looked better in death than the ten years you spent with him. He died recently, about a week ago. The binding pact that the Putnam witch placed on him years ago finally took effect. Which meant the old hag is dead. And a new one is stirring up.

The near-entirety of the Crimson Radiance has gathered in the church. All the rookies and recruits look at you in awe: a witch-hunter. The higher-ups still regard you as merely a weapon, albeit a poor one. Your training was not complete when the old man died. Now, following his death, you must prove yourself using the old ways: to kill a full-blooded witch.

After all have left the procession, a high-ranking cultist greets you with a large wooden box, intricately designed with the insignia of a burning rose. He opens it and there is a selection of weapons; most you recognize belonged to the old man. You are told to choose one and the others will be buried with him, according to tradition. You choose:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just after your last training session, your master said you'd be different after he was gone. Now you feel something fundamental changing about you and your Half-Sight seems to grow stronger. You already have all three, but one in particular grows stronger. Which one grows in power:

And finally, your companion. Witch-hunters never work well in large groups and are always given a companion to assist them. Now that your master has passed a new companion is to be assigned to you. It is:

Finally, what is your name?
Dying of laughter?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »

The Hunter is named Arron Ortega. He chooses his master's dagger, and he notices that his powers over Knowing the Unknown have heightened. His Hound waits for him, loyally sitting beside him as he makes his decisions and discovers his increased powers.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2015, 09:57:35 pm »

The Hunter is named Arron Ortega. He chooses his master's dagger, and he notices that his powers over Knowing the Unknown have heightened. His Hound waits for him, loyally sitting beside him as he makes his decisions and discovers his increased powers.
+1
Bringing a lighter against a pyromancer would probably be bad, so -1 to any plan that involves that (even if you want Laura to win, we should at least make it a challenge)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2015, 10:02:44 pm »

+1
Bringing a lighter against a pyromancer would probably be bad, so -1 to any plan that involves that (even if you want Laura to win, we should at least make it a challenge)
+1 but choose a revolver.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4