Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hunter and Hunted (TSG)  (Read 4657 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter and Hunted (TSG)
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2015, 08:00:29 pm »

Check out the Occult wing and try to figure out the powers of your new underlings.
+1 but also to find out if we literally just damned our two friends' souls to hell just so we can avoid that fate ourselves (especially since now that we just did something super-evil we'd go to hell anyway.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2015, 08:57:55 pm »

Check out the Occult wing and try to figure out the powers of your new underlings.
+1
If we have time, also check the ritual wing and try to find out what ritual we need to do to save our family from being cursed

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 10:44:54 pm »

Bump
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 11:00:17 pm »

Bump

On vacation, sorry. Updates will resume after Easter.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:30 am »

+1 but also to find out if we literally just damned our two friends' souls to hell just so we can avoid that fate ourselves (especially since now that we just did something super-evil we'd go to hell anyway.)
(could of sworn I responded to this)
It really depends. If the only thing condemning us to hell is an illogical ban on magic almost identical to that of god's chosen then after the ritual to clear our blood of sin then the blood that mutated them should cleanse too. But if the simple act of using the magic even towards the ultimate goal of causing there to be less witchcraft in the world and easing the burden from future generations is considered an unforgivable damnable action. So no matter where we end up these jokers are probs gonna come with us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2015, 06:10:52 pm »

Tentative bump?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2015, 08:24:24 pm »

Tentative bump?

Tomorrow, promise. ;)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2015, 08:44:23 pm »

PTW

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2015, 10:12:45 pm »

+1
If we have time, also check the ritual wing and try to find out what ritual we need to do to save our family from being cursed

Tell mom to bring the girls down stairs. We should have an overview with them (an for ourselves) to know WHAT we have to do about his blood moon thing.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:29:06 am by 3man75 »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:14 am »

The occult wing is filled with volumes upon volumes of musty, torn tomes, all with obscure names such as "Die Hexe", "Liber Malum" and "Wytch-huntyng and Thou". You find one about witches and their powers easily enough, and it corresponds well enough with what your grandmother and mother said about witches to be mostly true. The reading in the dark library takes you well over an hour, and by the end of it your eyes are straining and red. You attribute it to reading by candlelight for so long, but something inside you says that that's not what's hurting your eyes so much.

You summarize the contents of the book (titled: Anatomie of a Wytch) onto your notebook:
1. The coven is led by a pureblooded witch. Pureblooded witches are created by making pacts with a demon or evil spirit, and every other generation of girls in their family will also be afflicted.
2. The rest of the coven is comprised of enthralled witches, the common witch they used to burn at the stake. They lack the level of malice and power and majesty that purebloods have, nor can they cast spells on their own. They help with mundane tasks such as getting reagents for their mistress, and less-mundane tasks such as helping with rituals and spells.
3. All witches are female, but usually there are many males in a coven to aid and please the coven. Most of the time, they are enthralled by some spell, but others willing give themselves up to a witch, due to human feelings of love and fear. They have no magical potential, and are usually the brute force and thugs of a coven.
4. Pureblood witches have an innate understanding of the dark forces that compel magic, and so can easily create spells, rituals and potions of their own design, given time and skill. Lesser witches usually must be taught, and cannot do more than make what they know and help their mistress.
5. Witches may receive insubstantial nourishment from food, but blood is a greater form of subsistence. Human flesh even more so.
6. Witchdom is eternal. Both the majestic Mistress and her scum are damned for eternity.

It's getting late (or so you think) but you decide to scour the ritual wing as well, to know more about this Blood Moon everyone's talking about. The ritual wing has even more books than the occult wing, and some look new. Those seem to have been written by your grandmother. She has a whole shelf of her journals, ranging from potion recipes, to work-in-progress spells, to rituals she'd been researching. You easily find a whole volume on the Blood Moon, its significance and the phenomena it bestows on the world. It takes you nearly three hours to read the whole thing, and by the end you have a throbbing headache and your nose is bleeding.

You summarize her notes onto your notebook as well:
1. The Blood Moon rises once every millennium. The next one is rising next year.
2. Once the Ritual of Cain is completed, the patron of the coven manifests in the human world and is bound to do their bidding for the remaining night, granting any wish it has the ability to grant.
3. After the Night passes, the entity is banished back to its world and cannot be called again for a thousand thousand years.
4. The patron spirit cannot harm the coven unless it is their wish, nor can it redeem the souls of the damned.
5. The priority of command goes from the mistress, down to lesser witches, then to all other members of the coven.
6. The Ritual of Cain is explained in detail in a volume of grandma's books, but the gist of it requires a coven of at least 13 witches (more is better, in case something goes wrong), six human sacrifices, one sacrifice of a true agent of God, and basically giving some speech at the end.

Cindy and Stacey help you up from the desk in the library and take you upstairs to the couch. You lie down for a while and close your eyes. The headache is unbearable. When you open your tear-soaked eyes, you see your mother holding a glass of water.

"You probably shouldn't spend too much time down there. Some things aren't meant to be read." She hands you the water and takes you upstairs. "It's late. Your friends can stay over, if they want, and you can skip school tomorrow if you still feel sick."

Spoiler: Laura Putnam (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hideout (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Coven (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2015, 02:22:18 am »

Wait, if the spirit won't prevent us from getting damned or break the curse, why are we doing the ritual? Moreover, wouldn't sterilising ourselves be a much simpler way of preventing the curse from getting passed on?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2015, 02:41:43 am »

Wait, if the spirit won't prevent us from getting damned or break the curse, why are we doing the ritual? Moreover, wouldn't sterilising ourselves be a much simpler way of preventing the curse from getting passed on?

It can break the curse (ie. save our children), but not you. It's too late for Laura and her family. Sterilizing would just stop you from having kids. It would stop the curse, but at least some of them want kids.
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2015, 02:51:29 am »

So they're willing to have their children/grandchildren be damned to hell through no fault of their own just because they want the mortal enjoyment that comes from being a parent? Excellent, that means we can sacrifice them while maintaining a clean conscience.

Take the day off and see if we can make anything EXTRA awesome through sacrificing pureblooded witches and those with exceptionally evil hearts.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2015, 10:00:58 am »

So they're willing to have their children/grandchildren be damned to hell through no fault of their own just because they want the mortal enjoyment that comes from being a parent? Excellent, that means we can sacrifice them while maintaining a clean conscience.

Take the day off and see if we can make anything EXTRA awesome through sacrificing pureblooded witches and those with exceptionally evil hearts.
Why are you so hung up on damnation? Not everyone cares what happens in the afterlife, especially if they were born into being unable to change it. No reason to rush the process along, especially since Laura would probably have some qualms with killing off her own brothers and mother just because some omnipresent force told her to. After all, her family already turned their backs on god, so omnipresence probably isn't something they respect.

Besides, he said the ritual can break the curse, so their children wouldn't have the problem anyway. Though if it comes down to it, the family would probably be ok backup sacrifices, but let's at least try to find some jackasses who actually deserve it first.

Also, -1, let's do something besides reading since we've got the jist of what we need to do and splitting our brain open this early on would probably ruin the story.

Get some rest, we'll try to recruit more witches tomorrow

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2015, 02:36:50 pm »

Why are you so hung up on damnation? Not everyone cares what happens in the afterlife, especially if they were born into being unable to change it. No reason to rush the process along, especially since Laura would probably have some qualms with killing off her own brothers and mother just because some omnipresent force told her to. After all, her family already turned their backs on god, so omnipresence probably isn't something they respect.

Besides, he said the ritual can break the curse, so their children wouldn't have the problem anyway. Though if it comes down to it, the family would probably be ok backup sacrifices, but let's at least try to find some jackasses who actually deserve it first.

Also, -1, let's do something besides reading since we've got the jist of what we need to do and splitting our brain open this early on would probably ruin the story.

Get some rest, we'll try to recruit more witches tomorrow

We are going to need to create a jail construct in our house in time. One especially for the agent of God and a totally separate one for the other 6 sacrifices. After sleeping tell our mother and brothers to begin thinking about a jail system we can have here in the house and the kind of material that would be needed. Also we are going to need more witches so find out when we can recruit more. Also go to school and scout out people that are outcasts of society. They are the ones most likely to join us especially guys who can be manipulated into helping us.

We'll need their muscle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4