Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: (TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings  (Read 9909 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Shopping Spree
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »

Terrin should definetly be purchased but ask if we can buy her for 1000 Chaps once she has actually learned how to fight. Orrin should be another buy. Kuyroin and 2 random war shrooms who have been broken in would be nice.

2600 + 2 random war shrooms = 2600 steel chips? This is if the slavers agree to sell Terrin for 1000 once she's learned how to fight.

Low level random war shrooms. The shrooms can be taught how to fight and their poisons can be used by Kuyroin to make his chemicals later on. We can also send in fingers as their "captain" should we need to act on something. I was  thinking their teacher could be Terrin since she's known to be an enforcer already.

---------------------

Let's talk to the Tridap- Point first and then Vandul-Tat-Pllik. Finally, we'll talk to the currency guy.

With Tridap... "Tridap, I've decided I want to start making preparations for making Valince an MP. I'm honestly here to know about the process of being accepted and how much influence does a single MP have. You know besides the fact that it would look nice in front of pretty girls who like succesful fellows. (laugh).

Valince is most likely running a food crisis ticket and I want to help prop him up that way. At first I want to be public about it to get the Parliament to give me the funding I need for wages and expansion for the Office. Once they do I'll go silent but continue to support him with money and connections. The idea being that the food is their so people don't riot and that Valince would help represent my interest against Cat-Mash. I hear he's still angry about me letting in refugees during his fathers purge, you'd think he would go do something else with his life.

By the way how are you friend?"

Keep it profesional but be friendly because we need his help. Hopefully, he won't backstab us despite us giving our plan to him. Feel free to adjust the above guys.

With the Ex-General.."Hello old friend do you have time for an old face? (Freindly talk insues about whatever)

I came here to ask for a favor. My son (point) wants to fight for the Queen on the front lines and I think it would be good for him. I beleive with the right training he could possibly be legendary and help lead our comrades to victory whereever he goes. Stop me by the way if my hopes are too high (joke). I want to entrust him to you for tutelage and to train him to be a great general like yourself. I know you want something but i'll make a initial offering of security. Regrading the Freedom fighters..Their a big hole in our defenses and whatever work we do to improve the walls or fix the rubble will be met with their sabotage. You help my son and I'll get some of their ring leaders for you to publicly execute for treason, sabotage, and conspiracy to murder. Nice charges eh?

One more thing if you accept, beat the crap out of him if he does something stupid and then tell me. That way I can beat the crap out of him. His mother dosen't want him to join so it'd be nice if you don't show the wounds off a bit ya know?"

Likewise adjustements may be neccesary. He may want something though and it's most likely going to be military like which we can POSSIBLY help with but we'll have to see.

Finally with Trik-Trik

"Hello Trik-Trik or is it Mr. Representative now? (Joke followed by nostalgic conversation)

I wanted to talk to you about the currency idea you have. I think it would be good for the kingdom but I want to know how your going about doing it. Right now were too fragile to just execute anyone using old currency and I beleive just phaising it out slowly with small acceptable penalties will push people to using Steel Chips. (Debate profesinally and remind him of our resources if he calls out for being weak. Not our fault the parliament dosen't want to fund us)."

I don't know about this one.

We should also sit with Cat-Mash and talk with him about grievances. Were not here to fight just to keep the peace. Not just with him but with everyone and we should make it clear we don't want more violence.

"Hello Governor, Care to tell me why we haven't talked things over?" Lets just show him were not afraid of him for now but do so respectfully. Who knows maybe we can negotiate a truce.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:09:31 pm by 3man75 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:03 pm »

Terrin should definetly be purchased but ask if we can buy her for 1000 Chaps once she has actually learned how to fight. Orrin should be another buy. Kuyroin and 2 random war shrooms who have been broken in would be nice.

2600 + 2 random war shrooms = 2600 steel chips? This is if the slavers agree to sell Terrin for 1000 once she's learned how to fight.

Low level random war shrooms. The shrooms can be taught how to fight and their poisons can be used by Kuyroin to make his chemicals later on. We can also send in fingers as their "captain" should we need to act on something. I was  thinking their teacher could be Terrin since she's known to be an enforcer already.

The low level random Shrooms and Trogs for sale, are in fact all combat trained.

The Guild representative informs you that this outpost does not have the proper facilities to perform combat training on site. The guild says they can train slaves in the combat arts for 500 Chips + expenses. Travel time to the proper place included, this would take about five months.

Alternatively, since they know you are interested in such a person, they could make a note that a client is looking for in a combat ready priest in the 1000 Chip price range, and see if they can get one sent with next month's shipment.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 05:44:26 pm »

I'd rather buy Nurgleplux, since have no actual detectives. Kuyroin should be a support, since he can create potions for healing and supplement our deputies. One war shroom, for Kuyroin (and hopefully one is all that is needed to breed them. If not, we can always buy more later) and two troglodytes, as back ups to our deputies.

Maybe we can strike a deal with both Parliament and the slavers guild: criminals foul enough such as terrorists and murderers can be sent to the slavers guild for nearly free. In exchange, the sheriff's department gets a discount on getting slave labor, especially for high end slaves.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 09:51:25 pm »

But why?

Maybe we can strike a deal with both Parliament and the slavers guild: criminals foul enough such as terrorists and murderers can be sent to the slavers guild for nearly free. In exchange, the sheriff's department gets a discount on getting slave labor, especially for high end slaves.
The better we are at our jobs, the worse a deal this would be for them. Most likely we're better off just buying and selling normally.

I'd rather buy Nurgleplux, since have no actual detectives. Kuyroin should be a support, since he can create potions for healing and supplement our deputies. One war shroom, for Kuyroin (and hopefully one is all that is needed to breed them. If not, we can always buy more later) and two troglodytes, as back ups to our deputies.
I like this combination, but at 1900 chips it's awfully expensive. I think we'd need to interview Kuryoin to ask about the specifics of his potions, at the very least. How many shrooms does he need, what do his potions do, how handy is that, and so on.

One thing to keep in mind is that we are, as far as we're aware, a civil branch. As tempting as it is to have legions of siege trolls with healing potion power armor, until and unless everything goes to hell we're not here for a fight, we're here to keep the peace. Unless we're specifically planning on going toe to toe with Cat-Mash in the near future, there's not a ton of point to the heavier options, ie War Shrooms.

On that note, a core of Trog peacekeepers would probably be a good initial investment. The fact that they're not all that tough might even work in our favor, since they're less likely to be seen as thuggish oppressors that way, and as slaves they should be expensive to hire but cheap to feed (presumably human or ogre guards would cost less than 300 chips to get in the door but more than 3 chips/month to keep there).

On that note, I'm also in favor of getting Nurgleplux. He's expensive, but as mentioned we don't have any actual detectives at the moment, and he'd be a costly-to-feed solution to that issue.

As a final note, I'd love to buy that horse, but I don't think we have any use for her. Unless we want her to buddy cop it up with Nurgleplux, which is probably waaaaaaay over budget.

So I say we ask Kuryoin about details with his potions, and strike up a conversation with Nurgleplux to gauge his worth as a detective. I'm guessing we'll want Nurgleplux and not want Kuryoin, but we'll have to see what each of them says.

For parliament I say we just take our time and see what's up. I don't think we have business with any other MPs at the moment.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2015, 10:11:10 pm »

-1 to buying special slaves. We only need grunts to deal with general law and order and the money could be used for more important endeavours such as food or bribes.

Buy 10 normal troglodyte slaves.

Plans for getting parliament members to give us a salary:
Oog-Paler - I don't know what to do here. Maybe have his wife talk to him?
Trik-Trik - Tell him that with a proper salary the sheriff's department would easily have the resources required to push through the new currency, so long as our plan is used.
Vandul-Tat-Pallik The Unlucky - Convince him that the sheriff's department will help with securing the town from internal threats, namely the freedom-fighters. Once proper law and order is secured, it should be easier to prepare against external threats.
Irrik-Kinglor - A salary from the government will allow us to buy more slave guards, or at least prevent violent resistance against the practice of slavery in town. Stability will also allow the food shortage to be sorted out more easily and more quickly.
Char-Pallik - I don't know, maybe ask nicely? We're good friends with her sister.
Henry Orange - If we don't get funding to hire proper city guards, we'll have to rely on Renders to keep law and order instead, plus we can be trusted to be fair when it comes to delivering justice. Enforced peace will also be necessary if we're to stop people from starving in the coming months.
Sheepteeth - Push our familial ties and seal it off with a 500-chip bribe.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2015, 06:12:02 am »

I like those plans for the MPs. Getting Kuyroin is expensive and needless, so we might as well drop him. We can't get 10 troglodytes because Weirdsound said we could only get 5. I vote Nurgleplux (because detective) and 4 troglodytes (unintimidating peacekeeprs).

I assume slaves don't require salaries, other than maintenance and training costs. The 13 chips a month to feed Nurgleplux isn't too bad once we get  salary.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:25 am »

I like those plans for the MPs. Getting Kuyroin is expensive and needless, so we might as well drop him. We can't get 10 troglodytes because Weirdsound said we could only get 5. I vote Nurgleplux (because detective) and 4 troglodytes (unintimidating peacekeeprs).

I assume slaves don't require salaries, other than maintenance and training costs. The 13 chips a month to feed Nurgleplux isn't too bad once we get  salary.

Agree. I mis-read the part where we can get normal trogs. We should however put an order down for Terrin whens shes done training. Hopefully, the guild can meet us with a 1k match. I just think an assassin with clerical healing abilities would be good.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2015, 08:46:14 am »

Buy Terrin. An assassin would certainly be incredibly useful to us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 08:53:46 am »

We ain't the Gestapo. The last thing this city needs is violence.
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 09:03:55 am »

We ain't the Gestapo. The last thing this city needs is violence.
Wasn't planning to get a gestapo. Terrin will be our own personal assassin - someone to take care of people like Cat-Mash.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 09:11:28 am »

I was thinking of hurting the undead ringleaders via assassinated leaders. Also, we can leave fruit with death notes in the bed rooms of our enemies. Most people will stop messing when their scared to death like that.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2015, 09:21:16 am »

Ah, the good old Al'Mualim Gambit. A classic.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2015, 11:02:08 am »

I know about this because of a documentary I saw years ago where a Turkish assasin left a note and fruit next to saladin during a campaign. Saladins tent was guarded all around by like 20 dudes and the assasin still got in to get the note and fruit their. I beleive something similar can be done with Cat-Mash once we get some damning evidence on him like..

"We know you killed that prostitute because you were afraid of your wife finding out. If you continue to encourage violence on the street and destablize the goverment via fillibustering, defunding the sherrifs office, and trying to create a private army this evidence will be leaked to the authorities. Your wife will hate you, your comrades will shy away from you, and the Sheriffs office will begin investigations.

This is your only warning Cat-Mash. The next time we leak this information through multiple channels. The third time we will simply have the assassin cut your throat rather than leave these nice fruit with you.

Signed,
Concerned citizens united.

P.S I hand picked these for you so you had better eat them. I will find out if you don't and remember the offense. You have been warned and I do not respond well to threats"

Awesome letter imho.

Again lets get 5 trogs. Nurgle is a MUST!

Terrin-like asasin would be nice. Leave a note for one of those with a willing price of 1000 shaps.

150+1300=1450 chaps in total. 2450 if we get the assasin we want later.

We should dress them up in bone and metal armor like orcs in SOM
Just because I like the idea of antmen walking around in armor in small groups hunting undead with primitive armor.

EDIT: Antment again are a basic police force and the detective is what he is. He'll help us track criminals after crimes are done. An the assassin can be used for those death letters or maybe even used as backup when needed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:16:51 am by 3man75 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »

I know about this because of a documentary I saw years ago where a Turkish assasin left a note and fruit next to saladin during a campaign. Saladins tent was guarded all around by like 20 dudes and the assasin still got in to get the note and fruit their.
Yup. I learned that particular historical event from playing Assassin's Creed 1. It was a good series until it started going meta.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2015, 09:33:33 am »

bumping for update
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6