Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity  (Read 50565 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Pillars of Eternity
« Reply #165 on: March 30, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »

Well, to use your words then. It's "about half" the class to you, and it's maybe 10% of the class to me. Either way, we still have vastly different opinions on it's usefulness.

Is that a correctly enough worded conclusion for you?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 30, 2015, 05:56:53 pm »

Eh, sure, whatever. Too much nitpicking for my taste.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »

By the way, in case no one has seen it yet, here's a list of severe gamebreaking bugs you might want to avoid. Chances are you've already run into them if you didn't know.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73757-list-of-bugs-that-everyone-should-know-about-game-breaking/

Ick... seems like a lot of bugs... I would wait for a patch, but meh, I can just play a bit and be wary of the bugs and in the end if necessary I'll just reroll after it gets patched.

I'm going to restart the game with a melee direct damage Cipher, I think. 21 might and 18 perception, heavy armor two-handed. Could be a fun build.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2015, 09:21:11 pm »

Why two-handed and not blunderbuss?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2015, 10:26:04 pm »

I made a 20 strength 18 dex 15 int dwarf cipher with poleaxe, so he can stand right behind my tank and bash away without getting hit. Still early but looking good. At the start he was running around armorless and doing a ridiculous amount of damage since he swings so fast. After the initial companions leave and I was left by myself I slapped on a set of scale armor and was still doing good, despite taking lots of hits due to terribly bad deflection.

Managed to solo all of the encounters on that early forest map except for the bear cave. Tactic so far is to blind as they approach, hit em with that fast damage knockdown spell as they get to me, then start wailing away with the poleaxe - throwing more spells as focus accrues. With a companion to stand behind and use the soul shock spell on he can go armorless and deal crazy aoe damage on anything hitting the companion. Plan to hire a tank asap.

Bugs do have me a bit worried though. Hopefully a patch addresses things before I get too far.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:29:40 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2015, 10:28:56 pm »

So far, I just don't like how little I'm able to upgrade my equipment. I feel like there should be more variation on pretty much every piece of equipment. Honestly, I had more fun with Dungeon Siege.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2015, 11:46:33 pm »

So far, I just don't like how little I'm able to upgrade my equipment. I feel like there should be more variation on pretty much every piece of equipment. Honestly, I had more fun with Dungeon Siege.

Yeah.. they tried to go the route of making every weapon "viable" and it ended up making most weapons side grades.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:10 am »

Why two-handed and not blunderbuss?

Blunderbuss is for Draining Whip (because every "shotgun pellet" counts) but the other whip that does 1.2x damage, it's all about the raw damage.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 31, 2015, 05:58:58 am »

So is there actually a companion rogue out there? So far I've found the wizard, the fighter, the paladin, the cleric, the chanter, the ranger, the druid and the cipher. My main character is a paladin and I'd need someone to deal with the locks. Now the elf wizard guy is the mechanics guy which is ehhh. I could use a (melee) rogue in the party for shure, but I don't like using adventurers. My party is currently paladin, fighter, ranger, wizard, cipher and chanter. I replaced druid with cipher and would be happy to exchange her to rogue.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 31, 2015, 06:25:29 am »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 31, 2015, 06:27:44 am »

Yeah, I checked wiki and I've found all the companions. Booooo! Based on that, I should have made a rogue as the main character, since you can get punchers and spellcasters as companions. :/ The number of companions seems pretty low compared to, say, Baldur's. Having factional companions would be nice so you couldn't even get all companions on the same playthrough.

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 31, 2015, 06:29:45 am »

No rogue companion? That's sad. Even BG1 squeezed in Imoen at the last moment.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 31, 2015, 10:08:23 am »

You guys do realize you can put mechanics on anyone right?

Even the priest has a lot of it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 31, 2015, 10:53:58 am »

Yeah, I checked wiki and I've found all the companions. Booooo! Based on that, I should have made a rogue as the main character, since you can get punchers and spellcasters as companions. :/ The number of companions seems pretty low compared to, say, Baldur's. Having factional companions would be nice so you couldn't even get all companions on the same playthrough.

Baldur's Gate's companions were barely 2D paper cutout characters. It was possible to have so many companions because of how shallow they were.

No rogue companion? That's sad. Even BG1 squeezed in Imoen at the last moment.

Baldur's Gate had lots of thief characters available.
Love, scriver~

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 31, 2015, 11:25:35 am »

If by lots, you mean Imoen, Safana, Coran and Alora, then true. But note that Safana is far out of the way, Coran and Alora aren't available until late in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21