Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21

Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity  (Read 50601 times)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pillars of Eternity
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2015, 02:00:44 pm »

So far I'd much rather have a reliable ranged character that can hold his own rather than a wizard.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2015, 04:53:51 pm »

The only thing I know about this game is that there's a bunch of twitter and reddit drama going on today because an insane former neo-Nazi and a (self-described) radical feminist who wants to kill all men are demanding that a somewhat amusing and ultimately harmless poem be removed from a tombstone in the game world because it's "offensive".

Have I stepped into the universe of The Onion? If so, can I leave now?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 04:55:26 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:38 pm »

The only thing I know about this game is that there's a bunch of twitter and reddit drama going on today because an insane former neo-Nazi and a radical "feminist" who wants to kill all men are demanding that a somewhat amusing and ultimately harmless poem be removed from a tombstone in the game world because it's "offensive".

What poem? I'm super curious now. But not curious enough to go find it for myself, since you know what's going on.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

The only thing I know about this game is that there's a bunch of twitter and reddit drama going on today because an insane former neo-Nazi and a (self-described) radical feminist who wants to kill all men are demanding that a somewhat amusing and ultimately harmless poem be removed from a tombstone in the game world because it's "offensive".

what
._.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »

Link to the Obsidian forums: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73243-memorials-problem/
I have no words.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2015, 05:27:52 pm »

My game is now more or less unplayable.

There's a bug with the item called Drinking Horn of Moderation. If you ever equip it it will permanently ruin your cipher character and it will persist across saves and even if you remove the item.

Basically it makes it so you can never increase focus in combat ever again. If you've played cipher, this is basically GG. The best part is this item is extremely easy to get and super good for ciphers so you're bound to use it on one the moment you get it.

What a stupid bug.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2015, 05:30:23 pm »

Oh hey, speaking of bugs, have they patched the 'double-clicking to equip armor removes racial bonuses' yet?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2015, 05:36:56 pm »

No. It doesn't just remove racial bonuses, it removes all buffs.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2015, 05:45:06 pm »

Link to the Obsidian forums: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73243-memorials-problem/
I have no words.

I'm with her, actually, I said earlier that I stopped reading the backer quotes because a disturbing portion of them were just rape/torture fantasies with a disturbing portion of those about various way of hurting women: just of the top of my head, "Broken branch" on the bridge to the main town with the passage about someone thrusting fingers into a wound in a woman's stomach and another called "the Vulture" in the first town inn who is torturing a family. This is exactly why we can't have nice things. A ton of the "fan"/"backer" stories are utterly fucked up, I am not surprised a ton more are offensive.

and yes, a "funny" poem about someone killing themselves because they slept with a transperson is utterly fucked up and offensive, if it was about someone killing themselves after sleeping with a black person it wouldn't even be a damn debate, it would be a boycott.

Someone should have dealt with this shit,  before release, this all reminds me of this comic http://gunshowcomic.com/471.  I don't want other people's rape fetishes, hateful bullshit, or weird misogynistic torture fantasies in my damn rpg, even they donate 20$ for the privilege of getting to add this shit.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:04:49 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »

I didn't even know those things were user submitted though I stopped reading them after the 5th of 6th time. They contribute nothing and are incredibly boring.

I have a lot of problems with the game right now. Almost all of them related to bugs. I don't give a shit about some random fuckwad's idea of good literature since I don't have to read it. The only problem I have with the backers is that almost all the "special" characters are godlike. Wow. So much for incredibly rare species guys. I swear they outnumber normal people in places like the capital city.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »

Same here, I didn't even look at them after I glanced through the first one. They seem silly and utterly unimportant. Who the fuck cares?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2015, 06:01:12 pm »

Same here, I didn't even look at them after I glanced through the first one. They seem silly and utterly unimportant. Who the fuck cares?

I'm supposed to ignore content?  They are bad and the devs should feel bad.  Letting the internet mobs write content for your game? Really?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 06:03:56 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2015, 06:03:57 pm »

I'm supposed to ignore content?  They are bad and the devs should feel bad. Letting the idiots of the internet decide what goes into a game after all the scum that surfaced this year is very misguided.
Ignore content if you don't like it, yes. Nobody is forcing you to read through them after all. You know now that they are badly written crap tossed in by the internet backers, so why would you waste time looking at them?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2015, 06:05:13 pm »

I'm supposed to ignore content?  They are bad and the devs should feel bad. Letting the idiots of the internet decide what goes into a game after all the scum that surfaced this year is very misguided.
Ignore content if you don't like it, yes. Nobody is forcing you to read through them after all. You know now that they are badly written crap tossed in by the internet backers, so why would you waste time looking at them?

I am ignoring them, I am also wondering why are they there at all?  Games don't typically come with optional sections of vile and offensive bullshit you don't want to experience.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2015, 06:06:32 pm »

Why are they there at all?
Honestly? Because it was a cheap easy-to-fulfill backer promise that got more cash donated so they could make the actual game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21