Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity  (Read 50611 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Pillars of Eternity
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 08:59:46 pm »

Thoughts on the game?

Hmm... the install time is really long. Like, I've been staring at this install screen for about 45 minutes now and it's only 60% done. Makes me think there's something wrong with the connection between my hard drives.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:38 pm »

think i've started over like 5 time... i'm addicted to character creation 

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 11:10:07 pm »

The game's lock cursor option doesn't work properly when you have multiple monitors. Also I dunno if anyone else is experience this but there seems to be audio cut offs at the start of dialogue. Is that normal?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 02:57:02 am »

What is the price tag and where can I find an up to date manual?

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 03:37:12 am »

Being a fan of neverwinter, baldur's gate, arcanum and such i was already excited just by the music and the art at the main menu. And oh boy, i love the caracter creation, so much stuff to play with (i don't know if the influence is really that big if you either pick this or that country, but it still feel good). So far, the story telling type is very close to an actual paper role playing game, which feels good actually and did motivate me to listen to the story.

Can't tell much about the mecanism, but i like the general feel i get while playing (once again, art, music, atmosphere, dialogs...). So far, i love this game.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 09:06:06 am »

After playing for like 6 hours so far, I can state, that this is one of the best big, "commercial" RPGs released in the last years, along with Divinity - Original Sin. If you like RPGs, don't hesitate to buy it.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:08:53 am by gimli »

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 11:03:28 am »

More info about the game? I'm still broke from Cities Skylines and that price tag is to pricey for me at the moment but thoughts on the game?

Are you me? Also still broke-ish from Skylines, but if the reviews stay as positive as they've been I might be able to swing it anyway.
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 01:07:22 pm »

IT HAS BEEN RELEASED ?

Zireael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 01:13:52 pm »

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 01:15:26 pm »

I have neither time nor money, but now I have this game!
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 01:21:04 pm »

Its a good sign when bay12 makes good comments about a new game. I'll be buying this soon and checking if its really on neverwinter nights or baldur's gate level.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 05:14:29 pm »

I really like how they combined fully fledged companions with completely personalized, hireable adventurers. This way you don't have to worry about missing slots in your party so if you don't have a rogue you can get one easily.

Also the combat is brutally fun on hard.

The amount of text is redonkulous. Some of it is really fun to read like the psycho child-killing priest but some can get extremely tedious like mr vanilla whitebread religious boy.

phoochka

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 09:21:50 pm »

I can't believe this game isn't bigger over here!! I've just started but I'm already floored by the style, gameplay and atmosphere. People whose opinion I trust the have confirmed the game carries it well into the late game and so I would highly recommend to anyone not averse to reading.  :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 09:30:58 pm »

... yeah, what I've been seeing is pretty impressive, I'm fairly impressed, and I'll see about getting it just as soon as it doesn't cost roughly as much as two to three (or more) weeks worth of food. Hopefully it won't take a dominions treatment to make that happen, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 11:42:40 pm »

19 hours in (one of those hours spent in chargen) and I'm confident in saying that this is exactly what I hoped for when backing the Kickstarter.  No complaints whatsoever, haven't encountered a single bug or shitty mechanic.

Anyone figured out what triggers the next stronghold turn yet?  I'm probably missing something obvious.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21