Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Pillars of Eternity  (Read 50534 times)

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
Re: Pillars of Eternity
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2015, 10:58:53 am »

... the thing is I like the permanent death thing so I like to put myself in danger (now i'm sjdf njsnd fn f ) :'(
I just found the drake fight you mentioned. That's a lot deeper than the level where the pit is on... oh wow. Yeah.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2015, 11:16:24 am »

... the thing is I like the permanent death thing so I like to put myself in danger (now i'm sjdf njsnd fn f ) :'(
I just found the drake fight you mentioned. That's a lot deeper than the level where the pit is on... oh wow. Yeah.

I did not mean to spoil it for you  ??? sorry friend
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

lijacote

• Bay Watcher
  • Lissasa
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 09, 2015, 11:18:35 am »

I did not mean to spoil it for you  ??? sorry friend
It's not a spoiler, I think. Though... well, yeah, it sorta is. It is. But I did not feel spoiled. Just commenting on the difficulty one would face.
Me miserable! which way shall I fly
Infinite wrath, and infinite despair?
Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2015, 11:38:57 am »

Not sure if this counts as spoilers, but in case it does:

Spoiler: drake level (click to show/hide)

edit: just loaded an old saved game and yeah, my memory is correct - at least on Normal difficulty it's relatively trivial to make it out of there with a level 4 party.  Obviously can't speak for other character levels or higher difficulty though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:53:25 am by Biowraith »

pondicherry

• Bay Watcher
  • Too lazy to write something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2015, 09:05:38 am »

Well, I managed to handle the rest of the corridor, avoiding the "d" problem for now, i'm trying to get out of the Endless paths, so that means going up...
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then Stop."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2015, 09:50:47 am »

Isn't there a fast-exit on the same level as the D? It's either that or floor 5.

I killed the massive penis by summoning 3 phantoms, 3 small beetles, one giant beetle, two wisps, and two mini drakes. Those summoning items are so broken.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2015, 10:41:14 am »

Finally got around to playing a bit of this- just hit level 4 and about to either tackle the bear or look for the blacksmith's lost convoy.
Playing two campaigns simultaneously- one cipher, one wizard, and I gotta say:
I kinda prefer the double-wizard party.
You've gotta plan the engagements more, and save-scumming may be a very important factor in my experience, but I've found encounters to be a bit easier with the wizbros. And if you wanted a priest or wizard in your party then you're already gonna have to revolve your adventures around their /rest uses, so that's a non-issue.
And in the meantime- 4 arcane assaults/encounter, right off the bat. Tha's like, what, 30-80 raw DMG +daze on however many enemies you can fit into the AOE? Front-loaded in the fight? Brutal.

Does Durance get much better? The per-rest nature of his buffs make them seem really..shit. Hopefully interdiction works as well as I hope.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #262 on: April 13, 2015, 01:05:08 pm »

Does Durance get much better? The per-rest nature of his buffs make them seem really..shit. Hopefully interdiction works as well as I hope.
I THINK that at higher levels the lower level spells become per-encounter. Not sure though.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #263 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:24 pm »

Yeah, saw that for the wizards- but it's, like, lvl NINE.
With the XP req increasing each level & the xp getting split within a full party, I wonder just how long it'll be before Durance is doing more than wanding people and saving his charges..
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 13, 2015, 03:41:27 pm »

You'll meet a shade and abandoned all hope on wizards/priests.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 13, 2015, 03:47:24 pm »

I made durance a tanky melee brawler so he's usually the second last to die.

His spells are great too, especially the auras.

There's no reason to hoard spells when he has like a million to cast. He has I think three spells that basically make your party immortal and they're easy to get.

I also gave kana the skill that reduces the penalty for switching weapons. Holy shit he's like a god now. Between the musket, the sword and shield, and the dual flails he can fight anything. And those chants... Freaking aoe fire dragons every few seconds followed by charming everything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #266 on: April 13, 2015, 03:54:24 pm »

I seem to recall shades being little problem vs my wizards and their doomfire spray

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:51 pm »

Is he still using his staff Umiman?

I seem to recall shades being little problem vs my wizards and their doomfire spray
Yeah, went through the catacombs twice now.
They're tricky, but manageable-
I actually had some success pulling one or two at a time with a ranged rogue & burning him down.
Or funneling them towards a doorway and rolling a ball of fire their way.
Also, sneaking the two wizards up and starting 2 FoFs while they're being detected worked well.

BUT it would often take a couple tries for things to go off without a hitch- I didn't suffer through the consequences of double wizmisses and watch my party die off.
Just reloaded.
Badges of honor

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2015, 09:49:16 pm »

Is he still using his staff Umiman?
Yeah. Staff with a pistol as a secondary weapon (that I never use).

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 26, 2015, 03:14:47 am »

There's an annoying bug in Sanitarium. It involves mistakenly turning NPCs hostile, forcing you to kill them ruining your reputation and breaking other quests.

References:
https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/74075-hostile-sanitarium-bug/
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/78270-bug-resurrected-patients-in-sanitorium/

No fix for this yet, and the future fix may not fix your already broken save game. So, beware!

And I am off to re-do the entire thing...  :(
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21