Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89323 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry
« Reply #330 on: June 15, 2015, 04:51:55 pm »

"And so they all get to live. I wonder why you said they had to die..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 30)
« Reply #331 on: June 15, 2015, 06:31:15 pm »

Quicksand? I thought it's ubiquitous presence in swamps was fictitious as best. It is a surprise to see it now, of all times. It can't possibly be less dense then water, can it?

Lie still on my back to float on the quicksand. Try to reach Wilhelm.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry
« Reply #332 on: June 15, 2015, 07:27:06 pm »

Archae ponders the idea of reducing his bones to a similar structure to those seen in birds, while growing a set of two pairs of insect-like wings, allowing him to simply fly over the canopy.

Plausible indeed, but very dangerous. While morphing an arm is a risky maneuver, it can be fixed as well. Should you hollow your bones, they could collapse unexpectedly and pierce your internal organs. Though Aganist adepts are good at healing, their healing works off generalizations and idioms of the mind. Only the mightiest adepts can perform self-healing on their internal organs. ((Complexity of 2--this means that it normally takes two turns of preparation, but you can do it in 1 if you are willing to receive one negative die to your action)).

"And so they all get to live. I wonder why you said they had to die..."

Efa: Hmm... I guess I changed my mind.

She leans against the wall and flips through the Math Spirit's book.
Efa: These glyphs make no sense, there's no repeated symbols or anything that would indicate it's a language. I also wonder why the spell words have to be in Ontic. But the spirit it summons is definitely powerful.
She closes the book and looks at you.
Efa: I haven't seen any talented summoners on my journey here, although my hometown had a lot of them. Before the higher institutions were overrun by quacks and mystics, of course. The thoughtform of the surface world varies considerably from our own. Our memories never seemed complete enough to actualize, so we had--I mean have--to summon our dreams instead. The most complex summoned creatures I see up here are slimes. Except for you, maybe...
Do you know anything about your origin? Were you created by someone, or are you a spirit of nature like some of the myths describe?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:31:46 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 16, 2015, 12:49:05 am »

Archae spends the next turn formulating the spell, cautious to make no mistakes. He is well aware of the risks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:54:40 am by Pencil_Art »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 16, 2015, 01:49:30 am »

Archae spends the next two turns formulating the spell, cautious to make no mistakes. He is well aware of the risks.

((Actually, I modified your trait to apply to all Aganis spells (i.e. a straight buff to the trait), and simply reduce complexity by 1. That way it scales better as you try bigger spells. In other words, it will take only one turn of prep for a complexity 2 spell. Sorry for the stealth change ;)

Waiting on Caellath))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 04:13:15 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 16, 2015, 01:54:16 am »

((Oh.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 16, 2015, 03:01:43 am »

"I know my origin, but I don't want to tell it. People not understanding me protects me... still, you did come to my aid... I'll truthfully answer five yes or no questions."
"yessssss... guesssss..."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 16, 2015, 02:52:37 pm »

"Sure." Leonhard's answer was short and direct as always as he made sure Klein was safely perched upon his shoulder like a furred, quadruped crow. "We should take our friend murderer too. Checking on the innkeeper is of his interest an' all." he added after accepting the offer.

Accept offer, and to the inn we go.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 17, 2015, 10:01:52 pm »

Roll 31

Quicksand? I thought it's ubiquitous presence in swamps was fictitious as best. It is a surprise to see it now, of all times. It can't possibly be less dense then water, can it?

Lie still on my back to float on the quicksand. Try to reach Wilhelm.

[6][3] Lying on your back, you float effortlessly. Although you hear the rumbling from the vibrations in the earth below you, the quicksand absorbs macroscopic low-frequency vibrations. In other words, you hear it, but the sand does not shake around you, although a small bubble of matter does erupt from the sand about a meter to your right. As it enters the atmosphere, it catches fire and produces a small fireball with the diameter of your forearm.

As Wilhelm approaches, you see a large skeletal tail pierce the surface of the sand in front of him.

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Stay off of the quicksand, try to reach out to Zikal. Use the mace to extend my reach of necessary.

A giant skeletal tail appears in front of you and obstructs your path. The tail is composed of bones ranging from a tenth to half a meter in length, and towers two meters above the ground, curling at the tip (and so much longer in length). Its curl does not tend toward either your direction or Zikal's, although given the sudden reaction to Zikal slipping and falling the creature is sure to target him first.

[5][5] Your mace is nowhere near long enough to help, and the trail in the way does not help. However, the Vile Spawn of Darkness comes to the rescue with... a tree. Having torn a birch from its roots, the villanous shadow-being extends the plant across the quicksand using shadowy tendrils that appear to be part of the ground, but move the tree just over the surface of the sand. Zikal is able to grab on, although a second tail appears behind him and starts moving toward him much faster.

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"Sure." Leonhard's answer was short and direct as always as he made sure Klein was safely perched upon his shoulder like a furred, quadruped crow. "We should take our friend murderer too. Checking on the innkeeper is of his interest an' all." he added after accepting the offer.

Accept offer, and to the inn we go.

You set out as a trio, one professional astrologer in headlock, the other wearing a giant telescope filter on his head. Together, you approach the inn and make your way up the stairs. Apparently, a guard has already been informed, and stands watch over the doorway.

City Guard: Access denied. Until authorities are available.
Marco asks him to clarify when the authorities are likely to be available.
City Guard: After the Ashstorm. The crime scene mustn't be disturbed or I'll be fired.

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

Archae spends the next turn formulating the spell, cautious to make no mistakes. He is well aware of the risks.

[1+1][2+1] You map out a design for a temporary body in your head, although you have a hard time visualizing the aerodynamic properties of bird-like wings when scaled up. Desert windrunners, after all, can only glide when they run and there is sufficient wind. Sand mantas like the one in the town cannot even fly, but only . Only Rocs demonstrate an ability to fly efficiently, but the difference is that Rocs nest high in the mountains, and can only fly at high speeds. They cannot take off without diving off the cliff face.

This means that your spell will give you wings, and you will be able to glide, but you will not be able to take off without a flying start. The trees might be able to give you one, but it will take some effort to climb higher than the treetops.

You do spot a high launching point deeper in the forest which towers even above the rest. A Crimsonhulk. These are not technically trees, but massive colonies of termites situated around a sandy aquifer rich in ashes from ancient forest fires. They often house the nests of birds, in addition to the insects huddled inside. The base of the crimsonhulk is strewn with winding "roots" that cement the structure to nearby trees. These roots are also coincidentally easy to climb, if you can get there.
The structure is located just about thirty meters into the forest. If you can drag yourself through the thinner outer vines, it might be worth it so long as you don't hurt yourself too badly.

Your wing spell is ready

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a red resonance crystal.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

"I know my origin, but I don't want to tell it. People not understanding me protects me... still, you did come to my aid... I'll truthfully answer five yes or no questions."
"yessssss... guesssss..."

Efa proceeds to ask 5 questions.

1)I am curious to know, are you a being of nature or were you created by a human?

((if created))
2a)Is it still possible to speak to your creator?
((if natural))
2b)Do you know the geography of this world like some spirits? I would like to travel to some of the more interesting locales, such as the Lake of Dreams. Legend has it that some ancient thoughform has overtaken the region.

3)You said people not understanding you protects you. Does that make you a Nightmare like my own? Nightmares lose their strength if their interpretation become widespread. Hence the lack of books on the subject--at least until the printing press was introduced.

Efa grins, and holds off on asking any more questions.
I will save the other two questions for later. Now, I need to restore my cap. Some organic material will be required...
She eyes the unconscious thieves with a silent, sinister eye.
Of course, I too am a human. Our flesh is one and the same, though our appearances are not. I wonder if these people are aware of the... different ways the soul can express itself.

Efa's cap is destroyed (no longer absorbs damage) and her head is bruised (1)
Efa has a long rifle and 8 bullets (4 attack power)

The former-sentinel is knocked out with (2) damage to his head

Knife Bandit B's torso would have 2 damage by now

It is the 4th hour after noon. Ash is blazing bright in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 32)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 31)
« Reply #339 on: June 18, 2015, 01:00:24 am »

((You're going to have to rewrite your questions I'm afraid, might want to redo some of that conversation.))
Quote from: Efa
I am curious to know, are you a being of nature or were you created by a human?
"Yes."

((not continuing because Efa might need all 5 questions. but I have an answer for Q3 ready if she'd ask it anyway.))
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 01:02:14 am by Lenglon »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 18, 2015, 04:20:49 am »

Efa: Blast it, damnation and pox. Well then, onto my next question.

Were you separated from your creator somehow in the past?[/color][/glow]
She grins shamelessly.
And for the next question, are you a Nightmare? A being from someone's dream? Because our nightmares seem to act much the same way. Others interpreting the dream causes them to lose power. This is why the study of what this overworld called Nereithas has all but disappeared in our Clades.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 04:23:09 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 18, 2015, 06:03:50 am »

Efa: Blast it, damnation and pox. Well then, onto my next question.

Were you separated from your creator somehow in the past?[/color][/glow]
"Yes."
She grins shamelessly.
And for the next question, are you a Nightmare? A being from someone's dream? Because our nightmares seem to act much the same way. Others interpreting the dream causes them to lose power. This is why the study of what this overworld called Nereithas has all but disappeared in our Clades.
"YNeos."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 18, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

Of course there are giant bone tails in the quicksand. Why wouldn't there be? Well, looks like it's time to wing it.

Climb onto the tree and quickly shape-shift into a bird and fly over to the shore.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2015, 02:36:56 pm »

((I have received word that HEN is going to be missing until tuesday or so.))

"YNeos."

I sense that this is a waste of my time.

Efa grabs the shirt of the thief to be turned in and tears it off, wrapping half of it over the top of her head like a turban.
Come now, let us hand this one in to the authorities. Do you concur? That was not a question about your origins, so don't give me any of this yneos crap.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »

I chuckle and expound on my statement:
"I gave you the true answer. Both of them."
"That question was very well asked. I didn't expect you to get so close. I am a creature of nightmare, but I don't follow the rules you know."
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40