Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89321 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 20)
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2015, 05:57:48 am »

"I...." says Archae, getting used to the peculiarities of being able to speak. "My name is Archae, and I
am asking you why your cat attacked me. Also, what is that man doing on the ground?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 18)
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2015, 12:41:28 pm »

"I'm Leonhard. Klein seems to be interested in somethin' ya have in that pocket." the mercenary replies, using his head to point towards the pocket his cat was trying to reach just a while ago. "Not sure why, though. You'd probably have to show him what it is. And this man is explaining why he killed an innkeeper and tricked me before escaping."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2015, 07:43:00 pm »

"Uh no, I haven't seen anyone in this area. Thank you for saving us. What may I call you?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2015, 07:57:49 pm »

Willhelm looks to Zikal, then at the girl. He just gives an awkward smile and a small wave.

Let my compadre do the talking. inspect my shiny new bow I picked up earlier.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2015, 11:19:41 pm »

Roll 21

"Uh no, I haven't seen anyone in this area. Thank you for saving us. What may I call you?"

Unknown: Oh forgive me, I forget that humans don't all know who each other are! I am Lily. I don't have a last name like you, because I wasn't born to a family.
Lily sees your dagger in hand.
Lily: Hey, why is Master's dagger bloody? Did you...
Her once-bright expression turns immediately to anger.
Lily: You lied! You killed him! I... you're just here to loot his stuff, aren't you? I don't care about master, just take what you want and leave...
Tears start streaming down her face again.

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Willhelm looks to Zikal, then at the girl. He just gives an awkward smile and a small wave.

Let my compadre do the talking. inspect my shiny new bow I picked up earlier.

The red bow is far too flexible to be truly made out of gems. It handles more like some kind of sap material, but without any bubbles and imperfections that you would have seen before. It is encrusted with twisting reeds and tassels made from fern shoot. You get the feeling that it is fully natural, like something a Sylvan would craft. Still, the Sylvans are a race that resides in the swamps and jungles beyond the great desert. What could their handiwork be doing all the way here?
When you draw an arrow, the whole bow hardens and makes a crackling sound, although it doesn't show signs of damage. When you remove the arrow (you don't fire at the stone walls inside), the bow is wider than before, but soon the string contracts and pulls the bow back into its rest position.

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn.)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"Where is your friend and what was the real reason for the fight with the innkeeper? Was it ya telling his business sucked? Don't think so after all that. Why was that room all messed up? I want all the truth. All o' it." he grumbles, at least letting the man breathe properly but keeping him pinned to the ground, all the while keeping a watchful eye on the newcomer. "And ya?"

More explanations are in order.

Astrologer: Yeah I lied. Whaddaya think? I'm going to take off as soon as I can from this town, it's too unsafe to stay here with Kari on the loose. I threatened the man at ghunpoint because the job had to be done. I wasn't planning to shoot him, he just sorta didn't take kindly to having a weapon pointed at his face so he tried to grab the weapon outta my hand. You know the bullet missed, right?

Though you are currently focused on the Astrologer, you notice the ground around you getting brighter. You don't plan on looking up, because this is a phenomenon characteristic with the start of an Ashstorm. Soon it will be scorching outdoors.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

"I...." says Archae, getting used to the peculiarities of being able to speak. "My name is Archae, and I am asking you why your cat attacked me. Also, what is that man doing on the ground?"

The cat accosts you once more, this time latching its teeth directly onto the crystal in your pocket. It screeches, drawing odd looks from the various travelers and merchants around you.

While you struggle to keep the cat away, you notice something strange about the ground. It's getting... brighter. You glance around for a bit and notice that every bit of metal exposed to light is now reflecting brightly and hurting your eye.

You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

wait, watch, and listen

You notice that things are getting quite brighter outside, especially the rooftops. You feel heat on your back.

Person B: Say, Math Spirit, how about you tell that librarian over there to go take a hike?
Person A: What? The spirit would never ag--actually, go ahead and keep the book. I need more physical activity in my life.

You poke your head down to watch what happens next. The librarian simply leaves, while the other person stands smiling. You catch a glimpse of the book spirit, or "Math Spirit" as the man called it, as it recedes into the book. It looked like a white tetrahedron, but whose appearance changes dramatically as you move your head around and view it from different angles, but remains constant when you keep still. It doesn't seem to follow ordinary geometry.
The buyer--or former buyer--appears to be a foreigner (although she was well-versed in Ost from what you can tell). She keeps a long scarlet robe around her body, wears white mittens on her hands, and has a wide leathery hat that covers her eyes. The hat itself is a brighter shade of red than the cloak, and it is covered in round white spots.

[5][6] The buyer notices you as you watch. Unlike the nobleman from before, she does not respond with aggression.
Person B: Say, is that another spirit I see? I had thought this era of progress and science had scared most of the natural ones back into the forest.
She chuckles.
Person B: Well, if you're one to speak, you can call me Efa, Efa Dargloom.

It is the 3rd hour after noon, and the clouds are sparse. Ash is very bright right now. (Next hour: Turn 22)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 21)
« Reply #215 on: May 05, 2015, 11:38:18 pm »

Zikal quickly hid the dagger behind his back, realizing the problems holding a bloody dagger in front of someone would cause. Why do I even bother talking to people? They always get mad at me for some reason. Others can have nice conversations while I'm stuck speaking to psychopaths and wack jobs!

"No no, we're not looters! Our true destination was the Lake of Dreams, and we came to rest in an old castle before we were savagely attacked. Me and my companion are not from this area, while you seem quite en-tuned with nature. Do you happen to know anything about this place?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dialogue (now with glowy text)
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2015, 01:00:15 am »

"No no, we're not looters! Our true destination was the Lake of Dreams, and we came to rest in an old castle before we were savagely attacked. Me and my companion are not from this area, while you seem quite en-tuned with nature. Do you happen to know anything about this place?"

Lily: Oh, so you're not bandits? You're just travelers? Then I'll have to thank you for rescuing me. But I also rescued you from the swamp gas explosion! Did you really think you would have survived without my magic?

Lily steps out of the doorway with some kind of mushroom kebab in hand (glowing green, while the glowing fungi on the cave ceiling glow yellow). She wears a long, flowing dress made entirely of leaves stitched together, but her feet are bare.

Lily: Master didn't let me bring any herbs or essences with me, but he didn't know that these mushrooms also work. I think he was planning to use one of the books on me, but those only work on dead people. I can't die like you can.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2015, 01:10:56 am »

"Yeah, your Master didn't seem entirely right in the head. How did a man like that become your 'master' anyway?

Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something...

...Oh, my name is Zikal, and this is Wilhelm."
Zikal gestured over to his companion. "Thanks again for saving us."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2015, 02:06:42 am »

"Yeah, your Master didn't seem entirely right in the head. How did a man like that become your 'master' anyway?

Why do I feel like I'm forgetting something...

...Oh, my name is Zikal, and this is Wilhelm."
Zikal gestured over to his companion. "Thanks again for saving us."

Lily: Pleased to meet you Zikal. Now, where's that handsome man from--wait, did you say you were going to the lake of dreams!? Why would you go there?
She speaks with the carefree rhythm of someone who's thinking of many things at once. Surely she is hiding something.

Lily: The lake of dreams drives humans insane. Surely this isn't a problem some psychoactive mushrooms can't solve...?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:09:59 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2015, 02:53:04 am »

"Well, Leonard, have you heard of a certain lake of dreams? I am looking for it for someone." Archae asks Leonard.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2015, 03:21:30 am »

((The lake of dreams is known as part of the folklore, although very few actually research what happens. That's the baseline, although if you want your character to know more about a particular feature of the world, PM me))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 14)
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2015, 06:50:19 am »

"Hello Efa, mind if I drop in? It's about to get really hot out."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dialogue
« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2015, 02:43:20 pm »

Efa: Ah, the Ashstorms. I hear they give hu... us a lot of trouble out here in the mountains. The light melts the snow and causes a runaway avalanche. It's only a matter of time before we find out if that's the case.
She puts her mitten to her cheek as she speaks but keeps her eyes fully hidden by the brim of her hat.
Efa: I presume my guess was correct, then. Are you indeed a spirit? I'd like to know who I am talking to before I continue.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 02:52:38 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 18)
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2015, 05:45:06 pm »

To the Astrologer: "Well, we are at an impasse, aren't we?" he asks, holding the man down. "I don't believe ya. That happens when I'm lied to. Do ya have anyone able to confirm that story? Cause whether ya wanted that innkeeper killed or not, he's dead now and guess who's guilty."

To Archae: "Lake of dreams? Nope."

Concreteness?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Dialogue
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2015, 09:36:42 pm »

Efa: Ah, the Ashstorms. I hear they give hu... us a lot of trouble out here in the mountains. The light melts the snow and causes a runaway avalanche. It's only a matter of time before we find out if that's the case.
She puts her mitten to her cheek as she speaks but keeps her eyes fully hidden by the brim of her hat.
Efa: I presume my guess was correct, then. Are you indeed a spirit? I'd like to know who I am talking to before I continue.
"Interesting slip there with the whole humans as a group that doesn't include you thing, oh, and you might want to be a touch more subtle about hiding your eyes too. bad form and all to make such things obvious. Oh, and those clothes are amazing by the way. so anyways, me? a spirit? Eh, that depends on your definition. I suppose I might count. I think of myself as an echo more than anything else though."
As I speak I slip into the room and casually circle her from outside arm's reach, watching to see what she hides as I force her to turn to keep me in her line of sight.
"What about you? Are you a nice person? Do you want to be my friend?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40