Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89197 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 7)
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:49 am »

I watch and wait, seeing where these two go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 0)
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2015, 01:51:04 pm »

"Who fired the pistol? I'm no lawman nor a drunkard, so can ya tell me if that was all that happened? The situation seems a bit strange, see." Leonhard says to the hanging man as he keeps an eye on the recently-arrived young man.

Tense for combat just in case. Try to persuade the Astrologer into spilling out the truth, whatever it might be. In case nothing of note happens, slowly move closer to the closet to check what Klein just found.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 09:53:52 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2015, 09:43:34 am »

"The agents of darkness are ever below us, friend." Willhelm whispers, pointing out where he saw the man to his companion.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2015, 05:48:25 pm »

"Hmm?" Zikal walks over to his companion and notices the hooded person. "He certainly looks suspicious. Perhaps we should try to talk him and see what he wants?"
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2015, 05:54:48 pm »

Wilhhelm nods, but holds up his finger. He points to the chest.

"Though they are hidden from His light, valuable things may lurk in darkness."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2015, 06:04:31 pm »

"Alright, then let's go check the chest first."

Go to the chest and try to get it open.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2015, 06:07:31 pm »

Help not-puppy with opening the chest by keeping a lookout. If he can't open the chest, try to force it by breaking the hinges.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 4)
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »

Help not-puppy with opening the chest by keeping a lookout. If he can't open the chest, try to force it by breaking the hinges.

[6][6] You stand tall and keep watch, making sure no evildoer approaches too close. Naturally, your humble presence has attracted several dark forces seeking to halt the progress of your journey. They draw their twisted implements of destruction and charge at the behest of their vicious leader, the shadowy gunman you first spotted!

You are currently being attacked by a Mace Bandit, an Axe Bandit, and an Armed Figure.

You have a large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 14 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"Alright, then let's go check the chest first."

Go to the chest and try to get it open.

The chest is protected by a heavily-rusted lock riveted together by hand. The chest itself is made of wood nailed together and bound together by strips of metal at the two ends.
[5][4] You decide that breaking the lock is an easy task, requiring nothing but the use of your javelin as a lever to pry the bolt off. It pops off, transferring its momentum to the lock and flying a couple of inches, making minimal noise.

Inside you find several trinkets of high value, most made of gold, some silver. You find a gold watch, a royal goblet, multiple pieces of jewelry, and what appears to be a ceremonial dagger with serrated teeth and a pommel made from an animal skull.

Meanwhile, it seems your scavenging has drawn some attention...
Shadowy Figure: *shouting* Do not let them escape!

You are currently being attacked by a Mace Bandit, an Axe Bandit, and an Armed Figure.

You had a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (thrown attacks must be recovered)
You had 10 Javelin memories (strong)
You had about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter (strong)
You remember a giant eye (weak)
You remember many pixies (strong)
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers (strong) and some bandits (weak)

Archae attempts to apologize, an walks outside again, this time heading to anywhere where there is a map of the city.

[4][1] You leave the inn without further word, and feel something get caughti nside your sandle, pricking your foot. It turns out to be a large piece of quartz that was on the ground, with several edges sharp. Your foot is cut, although not bleeding badly.

Before looking for a map, a beggar catches your attention, as beggars usually do. The beggar is a cripple, sitting at the side of the road. He was not there when you came, so he must have been dropped off at his current position, seeing that his leg is twisted pretty badly.

Meanwhile, you hear a trumpet--it's a detachment of royal troops, proceeding into the capital through the gates. They are accompanied by a pair of high-ranked individuals on horseback, one a Boian duchess in black, open sleeved robe and wearing a long, twisted scarlet neckerchief with many knots and a wide-brimmed light-colored hat with a peculiar blue flower mounted on the rim. The other is a gentleman from Vin, in standard professional attire and garb, complete with a brass-hilted sabre with an ornamented handguard mounted on his belt. it doesn't seem to be a wedding, as those are usually done directly at a barony, not the city.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silverseel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy Hours

"Who fired the pistol? I'm no lawman nor a drunkard, so can ya tell me if that was all that happened? The situation seems a bit strange, see." Leonhard says to the hanging man as he keeps an eye on the recently-arrived young man.

Tense for combat just in case. Try to persuade the Astrologer into spilling out the truth, whatever it might be. In case nothing of note happens, slowly move closer to the closet to check what Klein just found.

The recently-arrived young man heads off without so much as a spoken greeting.

[1][4] The Astrologer seems notably displeased.
Astrologer: Come on old chap! I'm hanging here and all the blood's a rushing to my head here! You've gotta help me first.
Klein walks up you your leg and meows incessantly. You favor the cat and investigate the closet, finding the bartender supine and unconscious with a dented book next to his head, Principles of Warfare, by the Vaykor explorer and naval captain Sophos Menkereti. The room itself appears to be a small office, rather than a closet, with a small desk in one corner and a stool hidden under. Two shelves line the side walls, although several seem to have fallen in the scuffle. You find a distinctive bullet hole in one of the books on the left side of the closet, with the bullet surely enough lodged inside.

The bartender's keyring seems to have been pulled apart scattering its contents across the floor.

The Astrologer's pistol pulled out of the room by Klein fits the bullet. A perfect match. The barrel is also still warm to the touch.

Outside, you hear trumpets and drums, the distinctive sound of a Vinnish military parade. You can hear it from the window, but the sound also comes from downstairs more loudly, so the band is probably marching in front of the inn.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

I watch and wait, seeing where these two go.

[4][6] The two men approach an office with the phrase "Dr. Elaine Wunderbach" etched on a plate. A sheet of of paper has the text "in observatory" scribbled out in ink.
Clergyman: Ah, it seems she is making some observations.
Noble: She is an astrologer too?
Clergyman: No, Elaine has permission to use the University's facilities as a senior member of the staff. Her work
Noble: That's a shame.
Clergy: Hm?
Noble: Let us carry on, shall we?

The clergyman points to the ceiling and leads the noble outside and up a ladder to the observatory, where the Doctor is indeed seated, scrawling on some notes. The observatory itself is just a telescope mounted on a flat part of the room, at the second highest point on the entire university. Unfortunately, the wall blocks a part of the sky.
The telescope itself is a curious device, a long tube mounted on a movable bipod, which funnels light into a cubic frame of wood with a canvas on the back. The operator uses the lenses to project an image onto the canvas, which would then be recorded by pen.

Dr. Wunderbach sits on a chair next to the the astrophysical contraction, apparently reviewing some notes about the moon and the patterns on its surface.
Wunderbach: Did you hear about the crisis?
Clergyman: A crisis?
Wunderbach: Several important records were taken from the hall of the astrologers. They were secret records reserved for only the guildmaster and his close associates, but quite important nonetheless. The press is giving the matter a lot of coverage.
Noble: Oh please, the general public cannot be bothered by such things.
Wunderbach: Perhaps. But the presses are set. Printing begins tommorrow.
Clergyman: Hmm... Doctor, what is it that you are writing about?
Wunderbach: A couple of prints of the moon. I'm comparing old Vaykor sketches with my own observations, and there seems to be a discrepancy of some sort.
Noble: Well they didn't have telescopes back then, did they? I say, it should come as no surprise that the old inferior records fail to match up.
Wunderback: Have some imagination. What if Helix is not the only world that is populated?
Clergyman: Well it's a great big desert, isn't it? That's the consensus. And we know our own desert to be quite the paradise.
Noble: That sounds preposterous.
Clergyman: It's a possibility that the Church has considered. If there is evidence of activity on Orthos it is our duty to make contact. Either they are savage barbarians to which we can bring the light, or we can benefit mutually from an exchange of ideas.
Noble: Oh please, are you suggesting we can build a ladder up there and...
Clergyman: Okay, that's enough.

The three begin to discuss the Noble's skin condition. It appears that while he appeared pale in the dark, his skin is now dark with scars and bruises. A man of war, no doubt.

It is the 3rd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2015, 12:34:06 am »

Wait for them to split up.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2015, 12:52:23 am »

((Just doing this in case you want to change your mind.))

Wait for them to split up.

The Doctor, unsure of what condition the Nobleman suffers from, suggests a different plan.
Wunderbach: I suggest you two consult High Aganis Lord Thelmax. He should be able to help in diagnosing this unknown condition.
Nobleman: I am most definitely envious of that title.
Clergyman: That may be part of the disease.
Nobleman: Silence! Take me to this High Aganis Lord, so that I may speak to him in private.
He turns to the doctor.
Nobleman: You have my gratitude, m'lady.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2015, 06:33:06 am »

I wait for them to be as spread out as I can reasonably expect, then whisper as quietly as I can into the Noble's ear:
"You aren't crazy."
waiting out the inevitable reaction, I wait for another opportunity to speak to him alone.
"Maybe you ARE crazy."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2015, 11:58:27 am »

The Doppelsoldner enters the room to assist the Astrologer as requested, deciding to try a different approach to the problem. "Sure enough. Do tell me, what's the whole story? Why did ya get in an argument with him about his business?" he asks as he tries to help the man back up and into the building.

Incite the man to tell more of this story in the hopes he either tells the whole truth or makes a mistake/contradicts himself in case he's lying.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2015, 04:37:13 pm »

Pick up the quartz, give it to the beggar, and keep on trying to find a map.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2015, 07:00:23 pm »

"I'll leave the riches for later, the enemy is upon us!"

Run up to the wall and prepare a javelin throw at the mace wielder. After throwing it, use a javelin memory to get one back.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2015, 10:59:18 pm »

((Waiting on Pancaek, will auto in a few hours))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40