Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: H.I.V.E. OS  (Read 2479 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: H.I.V.E. OS
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2015, 04:19:01 pm »

Can we get a spoiler with power use?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 04:20:43 pm »

Can we get a spoiler with power use?
Sure, I'll edit that in now.

Edit: Power Usage spoiler added.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 04:24:58 pm by adwarf »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 04:30:31 pm »

Once we start micro-managing we'll probably need a list of power costs of unused systems. Just a heads up for when we run out of power.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 04:57:17 pm »

Power up the array, shutting down the fabricator if needed. Check power supply usage. For now, have the drones excavate the entrance and deposit any useable materials in an empty or otherwise designated storage room. Or just the fabricator room if none of these facilities exist.

E: Thanks for that spoiler, it'll be useful.
+1

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
H.I.V.E. OS
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 07:26:58 pm »

Power up the array, shutting down the fabricator if needed. Check power supply usage. For now, have the drones excavate the entrance and deposit any useable materials in an empty or otherwise designated storage room. Or just the fabricator room if none of these facilities exist.

E: Thanks for that spoiler, it'll be useful.

You power down the fabricator, and use the now available power to bring the drone command array online before booting the 1079s, and 218 into full active status. With a short blast of processing a new command process is made before getting uploaded directly to each of the drones, as their processors run the program they begin to lurch forward in the direction of the bunker's entrance ready to follow your orders. You watch as the JRS-1079s begin to open up, and seemingly fold out over a dozen mechanical limbs tipped in drills, or claws with the power to crush rocks easily between their tongs. As they start to clear the entrance of rubble they also begin dumping some of the stone into a bin in the middle of their structure.

Somewhat puzzled by this you watch for a while longer, and find that the JRS-1079s process seemingly useless stone into compressed blocks and pillars which are then used to create support structures in order to prevent collapses. Satisfied you sit back, and wait as they begin to clear out an area in front of the entrance and even create a few tunnels that branch off from the central chamber in search of minerals. After several dozen hours the exploratory tunnels turn up something of use, the 1079s manage to find decently sized veins of base metals, and iron ore which they begin to excavate and place into the JRS-218's rather expansive cargo space.

Spoiler: Power Usage (click to show/hide)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 09:35:21 pm »

Have all but one drone focus on gathering resources. The one will try to find an exit to the base leading to the surface, or some other installation. Once we have enough, build two more 1079s and have them mine. Shut down misc non-vital functions or the drone array as needed. See if the drones can preform maintenance on the reactors, or if there's a drone for that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:38:14 pm by Worldmaster27 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2015, 02:40:56 am »

Have all but one drone focus on gathering resources. The one will try to find an exit to the base leading to the surface, or some other installation. Once we have enough, build two more 1079s and have them mine. Shut down misc non-vital functions or the drone array as needed. See if the drones can preform maintenance on the reactors, or if there's a drone for that.
+1

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2015, 10:48:22 am »

+1
+1
Pages: 1 [2]