Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: What is the -worst- game you like?  (Read 14641 times)

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is the -worst- game you like?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »

I really liked Bladestorm on the X-Box. Most reviews panned it as pretty bad and nobody in my friend circle liked the game either. I cant tell you why I was into it, I just liked the setting and gameplay was fun, even tough from an objective perspective it's a pretty mediocre game.

Was also a fan of Demigod. Sadly, it's only really fun with friends. And most people I know treated it as a very bad Moba-Knockoff. It's still ocasionally funny to whack the comp around a bit. Now that I think about it, I could look for a few people Online to play it again.

Another one is the new DMC. The Story was cringe-inducing, but the Gameplay was just so stupid fun that I didnt care in the long run.

And probably on top of the list, Eador: Masters of the Broken World. The Gameplay is repetitive, the Story is Meh and the strategic aspect ist not that expansive either. I still dropped upwards 30 hours into it.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Nao

• Bay Watcher
  • (A!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »

Master of Orion 3.

I have evangelized about this game on here a few times, and even done a fairly short LP of it.

Yes, it was not MoO 1 nor 2. But it was never meant to be.

Yes, it was released horribly broken and unfinished. But fixed (and fixed it was, but by the community, not devs) it is a beautiful game.

When fixed, I have never played a 4x that comes as close to an empire building and management sandbox with so many levels of direct control that can be set to auto-run as you want it to be. It is a travesty that is was released in such a state as to kill the franchise and do such dramatic harm to the genre. Yet I love it for what it can be.
This!
Moo3 at launch was a complete mess, and because it tried to move the franchise forward at the same time it all fall down on its face super hard. Nowdays even with the basic patching it is quite playable and enjoyable. And with community made mod-fixes that fix and re-enable content that was supposed to be in the final game, expand encyclopedia and fix crashes/ui issues, the game stands well above most 4x games.

Still even with mods, It's never polished enough and there are problems here and there but when you get into it there is so much detail, interesting ideas, and good game design hidden behind the rough surface it is really the best "bad game" imho :)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 07:01:01 pm »

That bionic commando game for 360 that wasn't the nes remake
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »

Hmmmm.....worst game?

I'd have to say.....Sword of the Stars 2. The changes between SotS 1 and 2 were pretty difficult to get used to, but it makes sense after a few failure games. The mission system actually clicked with me after I figured it out, and the UI makes more sense the more you look.

The part that makes me love the game?

Immerse graphics. The Sol Force ships make me go Squee! and I get this odd feeling of pride seeing them defeat the hideously alien Hiver ships.

The part that makes it the worse game I like?

Performance. Goddamn it begins lagging after turn 5.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 07:39:08 pm »

I really liked Bladestorm on the X-Box. Most reviews panned it as pretty bad and nobody in my friend circle liked the game either. I cant tell you why I was into it, I just liked the setting and gameplay was fun, even tough from an objective perspective it's a pretty mediocre game.
Yes, I just bought the new Nightmare one.  I know this game is pretty mediocre...  >.>   I will play it.

EDIT: Main problem of idle hands while waiting for Bloodbourne to fully download so I can do the online with comrades.  Kinda nifty how I can do single player when I'm at 26Gigs out of 29Gigs.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 07:43:35 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 07:42:27 pm »

Hmm before I do a longer post later, I guess I want to say... probably either.

1) Last Remnant
-Inventive game with serious execution problems and probably one of the worst protagonists who has no reason to be in a game ever.

2) Phantasmagoria
-It is good I swear! I think this game does a great job building atmosphere without too much terribleness.

3) The Sims 4
-it SUUUUUCKS!... But I can't give you up!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 07:51:28 pm »

Dino D-Day.

I bought it immediately, and I enjoyed it. Everyone else seems to have hated it for this or that reason.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »

Two games:

Captain Comic. Horrible platformer. But winnable, even as a kid. Plus it plays whistling Dixie or Yankee doodle or something when stuff happens. Nothing happens. I never knew how quickly winnable or broken the game was when I was a kid. Then I watched speed runs.
I still like it.

Transbot (for the SMS). A shoot 'em up that just looped 2 very distinct levels continuously. I've always wondered if it is actually possible to finish it, maybe after 50 or 100 level switches or something. I never got there. It might have been after 10 and I'm just shit at it. It did have various weapon types (but you mostly used the big C one for normal stuff, or the rocket D one to go to the other level), it did have cheat codes (slow weapon cycle and more lives?), it had a boss that fired more and more between level switches (pray to god that you manage to switch levels later in the game, or hunter yellow thingies and the nuts and bolts and barriers will get you) and it had plenty of challenging enemy types. I tend to think that people severely underestimated it. It got hard as hell. It came with my Sega, and I still load it up once or twice a year through an emulator to this day. It is great for a half drunken high-score challenge against a mate. I seriously want to make a part 2 of Transbot at some point. It was awful, but great in so many ways. Even the box-art was exactly representative of what level of gameplay you should expect from it (I don't think you got a box if it came along as the packaged game with the Master System. The card fortunately had an exact copy of the box art on it). Superb!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:14:58 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:03 pm »

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

Also known as the kicking simulator. Booting enemies makes them stagger a little, unless they're by a ledge, fire or spikes in which case they go hurtling back like you hit them with a wrecking ball.

The combat is unbalanced, the story is laughable and the plot twists are both predictable and cliché. The demon mode is atrociously weak, and it ends up fighting undead in crypts a lot, with none of the foot based combat that made it fun.

But god damn it, kicking blackguards and watching them sail backwards into spikes is so damn fun. The level up system rewarded you for completing objectives rather than killing so stealth was valid  kinda pretty too at times fighting through ramshackle huts built into the sides of an islands cliffs.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2015, 11:54:11 pm »

Birthright. I am [and many others I guess] still waiting for a well polished, fixed remake. It had so much potential, even tho I've played it 5-6 years ago for the first time, and it was released in 1997. [Sovereignty is inspired by it, which is supposed to be released in months, so let's hope that the devs won't fail!]
Whaaaat?  Birthright is a great game, sure the dungeon crawler parts are terrible, but the army combat is really fun and the simulation is super complicated.

It is like if crusader kings and an odd but forgotten Dnd universe had a weird baby.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:56 am »

Birthright. I am [and many others I guess] still waiting for a well polished, fixed remake. It had so much potential, even tho I've played it 5-6 years ago for the first time, and it was released in 1997. [Sovereignty is inspired by it, which is supposed to be released in months, so let's hope that the devs won't fail!]
Whaaaat?  Birthright is a great game, sure the dungeon crawler parts are terrible, but the army combat is really fun and the simulation is super complicated.

It is like if crusader kings and an odd but forgotten Dnd universe had a weird baby.

It could've been much, much better [not only the crawler part..], not to mention that there are lot of bugs in the game, which never get fixed.. The idea of creating a game like this is/was awesome. The game is still unique with all these features. That's why I say that I love and hate the game in the same time..
I just googled up some reviews for the game, they are mixed. Read this one: http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/birthright-the-gorgons-alliance

"Birthright is an intriguing title, one that attempts to do what few games dare. The future of gaming may well lie in the ability of game designers to combine proven genres in new and exciting ways, but it looks like we'll have to wait for another contender."

..and we are still waiting!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:55:43 am by gimli »

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2015, 09:18:52 am »

Oh let's see here,

I liked Assassin's Creed Unity for the building interiors, the equipment system the ability to actually crouch and take cover.

I enjoyed Watch_Dogs quite a bit, really liked the feel of the city especially at night.

I really enjoyed the first AC game as well as I had not seen anything like it at the time.

I also liked crackdown 2 as much as the first crackdown.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2015, 09:43:42 am »

I just remembered.

I also loved Dragon Age 2.

The main reason why I liked it was its' story. It wasn't the typical "kill baddies and save the world" shit and the protagonist wasn't a guy with a hero complex. He had selfish reasons and self-centered quests like trying to get back his family mansion and protect his family and stuff.

lordpyridine

• Bay Watcher
  • [APPLY_CREATURE_ VARIATION:PSYCHOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 09:45:14 am »

Superman 64. the glitches are far more entertaining than the actual game
Anyone can build a buttress at forty degrees, but it takes a DWARF to build one arbitrarily and have it be twice as strong!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 01:05:18 pm »

the old video game adaptation of The Hobbit, from before Peter Jackson made it into three really dumb movies. For a shovelware Zelda clone it wasn't that bad, and the GBA version had some really catchy music.
Loved that game so much. Also pretty sure some scenes from the films were taken almost directly from it :P
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10