Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: What is the -worst- game you like?  (Read 14608 times)

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
Re: What is the -worst- game you like?
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2015, 08:23:20 am »

I liked Spellforce.

It's hard to explain why, though.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2015, 09:53:24 am »

Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the were-rabbit
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:59 am »

I love Enter the Matrix. Its universally panned and hated. I spent scores of hours with that game. I've must have beaten it several times over. I am pretty sure I unlocked everything there was to unlock, and lot of it was secret stuff.

Not sure if I mentioned it earlier, but there's a similarly panned Matrix game from around the same time called Path of Neo. It's a really wonky, jerky, not-at-all satisfying beatemup with some very strange filler levels near the end. I loved it to death at the time because I was obsessed with the Matrix, but I haven't picked it up for a long time because I realized how awful it was long ago.

Was Path of Neo panned? I thought it was regarded as "decent" bordering on "pretty good." I loved it when I played it, anyway. It was so close to being a good game...

My guiltiest game is probably Starfox Adventures. I played the hell out of that game when I was a kid. I think I realized how bad it was, I just thought Fox was hella cool. Second-guiltiest is Hard Time, which is a wrestling engine somehow forced into a prison RPG made by an insane Christian fundamentalist named MDickie.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2015, 10:33:50 am »

My brother and I really enjoyed Path of Neo, not even ironically...  I never heard it was panned.
Hard Time is flipping hilarious, on the same level as The You Testament (by the same guy).  I think they were meant to be somewhat serious, which just makes them funnier.

This LP uses an edited version which... changes a few things to make it even zanier, which probably isn't necessary.  I haven't seen it.  I've seen the "vanilla videos by Chip Cheezum" listed near the bottom, and they were amazing enough.
http://lparchive.org/The-You-Testament/
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2015, 05:23:15 pm »

I liked Spellforce.

It's hard to explain why, though.

It's a decently-made D&D-esque RPG with RTS mechanics. You can be a badass with an entire army behind you. That's my opinion anyway. In terms of it being 'bad' I would say the voice acting is what does me in but they're German it seems to be a habit (Men of War series -_-)
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »

E.T. on the Atari 2600, even though it gets a lot of bad attention, the game isn't that bad. There is a strategy but it's really luck with no skill, I see it as a challenge. It only got bad cred in my opinion due to the fact that it claimed to be better than it was and was made for kids. It is nothing like it said it was and relentlessly difficult for anyone, especially for younger kids, if you own an Atari then you should find a copy, not as bad as it seems.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2015, 05:18:47 pm »

I wish they'd make a Matrix open-world game already.

I played the Matrix Online MMO. It was pretty terrible. :( Who knew that trying to fill a world with the caliber of ideas the Matrix introduced would be hard, and reducing it down to your average MMO "group of random gang members to fight" was pretty much the worst way to go about it.

The combat system was god awful too.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:22:32 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2015, 05:21:17 pm »

if you own an Atari then you should find dig up a copy, not as bad as it seems.
Fixed that for you  :P
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »

if you own an Atari then you should find dig up a copy, not as bad as it seems.
Fixed that for you  :P
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_video_game_burial)

Hahaha, I got it even without the page, but even though I know a store that has like 4 copies for sale rn and they only sell them for a dollar because of the bad reputation.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »

Huh, they're selling actual carts?  That's pretty cool.
$1 is a good price for such a historic game, bad or not.
She/they

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2015, 06:16:26 pm »

The combat system was god awful too.
Yes, how dare it try to make MMO combat more involved than mashing action buttons.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

Sadly none of the carts are actually in fair condition but you can't judge a game that is 30+ years old on sticker quality.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:11 pm »

There's this free game on Steam called Frontline: Tactics. The few reviews I've seen have knocked it for being a terrible pay-to-win game or its enemies being generic Arab terrorists. (although there seems to have been some better reviews recently) . But I've managed to spend like 90 hours in it over the past few years without spending money and its a game I spend half an hour playing occasionally still.

Plus the random generated generic Arab names means I'll occasionally fight Muhammad Ali.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2015, 08:31:12 pm »

I can't tell if people like Titanfall or not. It got a lot of money, but I've heard complaints about the fact that there's so few maps, no real campaign, uninventive modes, unbalanced combat...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

LordPyrrole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »

I can't tell if people like Titanfall or not. It got a lot of money, but I've heard complaints about the fact that there's so few maps, no real campaign, uninventive modes, unbalanced combat...
I think that it's downfall was the fact that it had a full open beta that anyone could download and when that got done people expected them to add way more to the game than what was in the beta, and when there wasn't as much added as was expected they perceived it as worse than the situation was.
   Were there few maps:yes but there were enough to make a decent game with it's mechanics, but the beta made people want more than what they got and the novelty of the new things that it implemented were in the beta so the novelty of it owore off far to quickly.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:37:45 pm by LordPyrrole »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10