Poll

Where should the main group go next?

Spite
- 1 (100%)
The University
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: The Department of Menace Eradication (A Sunless Sea FATE campaign) - IC thread  (Read 18417 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time I walked through London without pants."
Conall says losing himself in his memories.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

GM Post

"Of course. You are to go hunt monsters stark naked without nothing except your coat." the Detached Monster-Hunter rolled her eyes. "We usually wear constable uniforms under the coat, but you aren't a government agent. You can wear whatever you want, so long as you keep the coat."

She disappeared into another door, beckoning the others to follow.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Kate jokingly rolls her eyes, "And here I was, trying to forget about that. Thanks, Conall."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

John quickly looks around the room, attempting to see if any of those 'constable uniforms' are available to purchase or pilfer.

"'I wouldn't be worried 'bout it. I'm sure th' sisters fight in skirts too."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sir Charles is already decorating his new coat with as many gold baubles he has on him, starting with his pocket watch, silk handkerchiefs, cravat and other gentlemanly paraphernalia. Some would think he tries way too hard.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 12:16:54 am by Sergius »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Kate jokingly rolls her eyes, "And here I was, trying to forget about that. Thanks, Conall."
"Comon' you know you loiked it!"
Conall says with a joking smirk.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Taking kind leave from the Gentry's presence, Josephine found herself with a peculiar question in mind.

Was this person from the surface too?

"Excuse me but, you say you're from London? As in, before the fall? Could you-um, I mean, if you were there I mean, speak about what happened?"

((I've no idea how to use this, by the way.))

Err, Use Investigate to take note of our quarry--what may be their weaknesses or areas of lurking?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

GM post

The Detached Monster-Hunter led the group upstairs, past the offices to a private study. She knocked.

"Yes, do come in."

A Lethargic Superintendent is quietly signing a document when they entered the office. He glanced up. "I don't recognize any of you." he observed, "But you'll do. Ms. Alvey, thank you for your time. I will take over from here." he dismissed the Detached Monster-Hunter, who saluted and walked out.

The study was a chaotic mess. Every exposed inch of the walls and the ceilings are covered with notes, photos, maps, posters, and strings. A tall bookcase is behind the Superintendent, a vent above it. His desk is stacked with books and documents, and a wooden mask is used as paperweight.

He dipped his quill in ink and continued to write. "Normally, training and tests are needing for you to become an Eradication Officer. However, we are assuming that you are experienced monster-hunters. Or, at least, you will soon become one. As you have read in your contracts, you aren't paid in salary, but you'll get first pick in our bounties. Speaking of which, there are several jobs available, but I don't think you have the equipment yet. So, we'll get you some spending echoes for your weapons and equipment for this contract."

He opened a folder and read from it. "Mrs. Plenty has had her customers assaulted by certain cavern dwellers in the attraction called 'Beneath the Neath' lately. According to her, this just only happened last month. For some reasons, the victims can't remember what attacked them. They just find themselves hiding in the gondola, battered and scratched, or worse. You'll get 50 echoes each in advance, and another 50 echoes once you deal with this menace. Do you have any questions?"

EDIT: RETCON

EDIT: EVEN MORE RETCON
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:54:41 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((OK, I'm still unsure so I'll try using my Investigate here, under the pretense of finding out more about 'Cavern Dwellers'! ...It's going to cost me a fate point, right .-. Unless that is issuing a very mundane example, already in context, with something unneeded...))

"A few questions, sir. What were the victims doing as far as they remember before the attack? What area where they attacked--is there any correlation between victims, and what they were doing beforehand? What are the different cavern dwellers that may post a problem?"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

(( Silly Tir, you can just ask a question. :P ))

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

((OK, I'm still unsure so I'll try using my Investigate here, under the pretense of finding out more about 'Cavern Dwellers'! ...It's going to cost me a fate point, right .-. Unless that is issuing a very mundane example, already in context, with something unneeded...))

"A few questions, sir. What were the victims doing as far as they remember before the attack? What area where they attacked--is there any correlation between victims, and what they were doing beforehand? What are the different cavern dwellers that may post a problem?"

Ulgurk nods, these are good questions, the questioner could be useful, at least, for a while.  He opens his mouth to add a question, "Are any of these people important in any circles? Legal or otherwise." If any of them are then he does have a few old contacts and favours he can call in to learn more.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

(( oops, it's not a ferris wheel. No idea why i said it was a ferris wheel. fixed that. ))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

John leans against the wall. His gaze follows Ms Alvey as she leaves, and then he slowly becomes heavy-lidded and yawns.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Groovington adjusts his monocle as he scribbles some things on a small notepad with his fancy pen. "Was anything of value taken? Any personal items missing? Were they still wearing their hats?"

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

"This'll be a great time to test my new Psychic Shielding Helmet!"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16