Poll

Where should the main group go next?

Spite
- 1 (100%)
The University
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: The Department of Menace Eradication (A Sunless Sea FATE campaign) - IC thread  (Read 18415 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"A form, how quaint! I find all this obsession with paperwork to be most entertaining." Groovington picked up one of the pieces of paper, waving it as if it was a handkerchief. Pulling an ornate fountain pen from his pocket, he proceeded to sign an extremely elaborate and practised signature. This took him the better part of a minute.

"There you go, my good sir! You'll probably want to hold on to that, this little scrap might be even worth a small fortune someday!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:21:59 pm by Sergius »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

"This way, please. This way. Sign these, if you would; don't bother reading them, I'm sure you'd find it dreadfully dull."
The expression coming mostly from the heavily bandaged face would be bewilderment, but surely enough, McKillan signs.

So... What have I just signed meself up for now?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

"This way, please. This way. Sign these, if you would; don't bother reading them, I'm sure you'd find it dreadfully dull."
The expression coming mostly from the heavily bandaged face would be bewilderment, but surely enough, McKillan signs.

So... What have I just signed meself up for now?
"Menace Eradication. Whether or not you actually do any Menace Eradicating with us is down to you, but we hire in clutches of seven apparently. We aren't splitting the pay if you don't do the deeds, though."
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Having now signed the paper in brief, Josephine checked around to make some probably miniscule chatter with one of the locals. Unsure how to talk with the more fanciful sorts, she finds herself speaking with one of the more noble-looking ones around--Sir Groovington.

"Excuse me sir, but I didn't know that the aristocracy participated in these kinds of events," she said, implying many things in simplicity.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Menace Eradication. Whether or not you actually do any Menace Eradicating with us is down to you, but we hire in clutches of seven apparently. We aren't splitting the pay if you don't do the deeds, though."

John seems to perk up a little.
"This old fossil eh? Well, We could always use some pocket change now and then."

John looks askance at the grinning functionary.
"We get weapons?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 01:01:06 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Excuse me sir, but I didn't know that the aristocracy participated in these kinds of events," she said, implying many things in simplicity.

"True, true, lass! However, I like to indulge myself with new experiences once in a while. Don't expect we'll be seeing a lot of gentry in this line of work." He adds in a hushed voice "In fact, I hope we do not..."

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

MINI UPDATE

"A form, how quaint! I find all this obsession with paperwork to be most entertaining." Groovington picked up one of the pieces of paper, waving it as if it was a handkerchief. Pulling an ornate fountain pen from his pocket, he proceeded to sign an extremely elaborate and practised signature. This took him the better part of a minute.

"There you go, my good sir! You'll probably want to hold on to that, this little scrap might be even worth a small fortune someday!

"Don't worry, my good sir! We take great care of all signed contracts in our posession. I can't say some haven't been stolen, however."

John seems to perk up a little.
"This old fossil eh? Well, We could always use some pocket change now and then."

John looks askance at the grinning functionary.
"We get weapons?"

"Ah, not exactly, sir. However, Carrow's Steel and other reputable merchants of weapons will likely allow you to pay in credit with our word of guarantee."

Waiting on AlleeCat and Gamedragon.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

Some people were talking, Ulgurk wasn't. He didn't see the point especially when all he needed to do was sign a piece of paper, there was, however, a problem with this, he hadn't brought a pen along as he wasn't really intending to sign up, but here he was. Seeing no other option he sighed and began to talk, "I didn' bring no pen, any of you's got one fo' me?" He asked in his gruff and uninterested voice while looking at them with a glare.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I didn' bring no pen, any of you's got one fo' me?"
"Aye."
John tosses his pen over to Ulgurk. He gives him a quizzical look-over before shrugging and returning to his current activity of slowly and painstakingly reading the numerous banners and signs behind the Grinning Fuctionary.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

Ulgurk catches the pen and turns back to the paper. Leaning down over the counter he scratches out some barely legible words which seem to resemble English though it's hard to tell. Finishing off with a large dot that has been coloured in he hands in the paper and then returns the pen to its owner with these words of unusual eloquence, "Thank 'e very 'uch."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Kate excitedly signs the paper without reading any of it. "Oh! Oh! I bet its dangerous!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Conall turns to Kate.
"You should really read that stuff before you sign it. That's how they get your soul you know."

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

"Pffff... Soul, schmoul. All I care about are fame and fortune! Danger and riches! Besides, you already signed it, and I know you wouldn't sign anything I wouldn't!" Kate gives Conall a playful jab in the ribs with her elbow.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Conall smiles slightly at his companion's display.
"Yeah yeah, and I have to make sure you don't die. Sometimes I feel like I'm your baby sitter, what with your enthusiasm."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

John stands and stares with horror at Kate.
"That's not a good road 't be goin' down.."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16