Poll

Where should the main group go next?

Spite
- 1 (100%)
The University
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: The Department of Menace Eradication (A Sunless Sea FATE campaign) - IC thread  (Read 18408 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

Kate is going to Caligula's to meet up with the the other monster hunters, by the way. Just in case there was any confusion.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

[Waiting for Gamedragon, kj1225, and Tiruin.]

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

((May I please a Mini for Mr Carrow?))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Mini-Update

Mr. Carrow looked up from his ledger, gazing at John with his expressionless eyes. "Rat-catchers? As in Department ones? Yes, I do have some surplus equipment in the back. I don't guarantee their efficacy, however."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"... Well, we don't really need no effcasee."
He hands over his little ticket stub

4x Guns
2x Light Armor
1x Dapper Atyre.

He drops the collected 20 echoes on the counter.
"Uh.. Will this about cover it?"

Edit: "Oh, and a sword or bayonet too please, if there's enough left over."
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:15:07 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

Conall goes with Kate as he fiddles with his new weapon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Check around (probably use Notice) to see any discrepancies off the individuals present, which Pendle informed me about.

What can I sense about those around me?

Josephine fidgeted nervously in place, while awaiting the progress of her friends. She was edgy, on what the other occupants present had. They were peaceful, sure, but...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that's answered
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:04:43 am by Tack »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile

(( Sorry I haven't posted in a while I have gone on holidays up to the coast and the internet here is worse than usual. ))
((Though he's posted a fair bit since then so I have no idea. Maybe skip him? I don't think he's really necessary for the scene yet.))

(( Uh, yeah, kinda forgot about this... ))

Ulgurk stands by John glowering at everyone who stands and looks at them for too long.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

GM Post

Bazaar People

Mr. Carrow made a sucking noise through his teeth as he looked at the echoes.

Overcome - Rapport: ( )(-)( )(+) = 0 VS + 2 (Fair): Failure.

"It'll be 50 echoes." he said. Before John could respond he disappeared into the back and returned with the requested supplies. All of the guns are outfitted with bayonets, at least.

Caligula's People

Josephine

Overcome - Notice: ( )(+)(-)(+) + 3 = + 4 VS + 3 (Good): Success.

The Tomb-colonists seemed a bit annoyed at the mention of Baker. The Rubbery Men doesn't seem to care, or know much. The same could be said about the others. A bespectacled gentleman sitting by himself and his parrot seemed most interested in the conversation that Pendle is striking up. Occasionally, he shushed the parrot as it whispered something into his ear.

Charles

Overcome - Rapport: ( )(-)(+)( ) + 4 = +4 VS 0 (Mediocre): Success with Style.

Most of the patrons seemed to not know most of the subjects in the list. However, of all people, a Rubbery Man asked Groovington for the list and scanned it. It awkwardly pointed at some of the names that are close together, then it was a game of charades trying to determine what it was trying to say. Something about the missing people being in a club. The (what?) Club had stopped moving since their excursion to the chasm below the Carnival. Likely because everyone in it are missing.

[Aspect discovered in Carnival: The Nameless Club's Unfortunate End?]

Kate and Conall

The two catches up with the other in the Coffee House after much searching in the thick crowd.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile

Jonathan asks around the place for any more information Semiotic Surgeon, before meeting back up with his teammates.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"... I got 20 righ' now."

He gives Ulgurk a look.
"You're th' negotiator. Gimme a hand?"

((If not, will spend 1 fate to invoke... I dunno... -Once a Military Man, Always a Military Man- for the +2
"I can be damn sure the quartermaster never paid that much for our weapons, back when I was in the navy protecting your sorry hide!")).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 02:47:25 am by Tack »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((...I wonder if this is too early to invoke my superstitious trouble? :P Parrots count. Right?))

Josephine raised an eyebrow in thought at the note of the parrot. What she knew of them, back up the surface, was that they were the talkative sort--they never whispered. This was something strange. Something troubling.

She looked at Charles' reaction and studied him, awaiting his response before figuring out a plan: That man would go on her list of suspects. Maybe he knew something. Maybe not.

Acting on the idea didn't seem like a good thought, given the social interaction of everyone about, but she figured that they wouldn't mind given...that each group was to themselves anyway.

Await GM response on invoking superstition? :P

Edit: ((YES!))

Approach the man and inquire as to his relationship with the parrot and its thoughts. Spent 1 Fate to invoke Trouble.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:09:54 am by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Don't you Gain fate for invoking a trouble?))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Don't you Gain fate for invoking a trouble?))
((Rulebook be a tad bit silly, despite being really clear. I can INVOKE my trouble with spending 1 fate--its something Cinder poked me with in the IRC :D ))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16