Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ (BETA RPG) Magia Exquisitis: Blacklight OOC and Sign-Up Thread ᕙ(`▽´)ᕗ  (Read 6100 times)

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile

When do you think that this'll be starting up?
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I'll pick my players sometime Tuesday at the soonest, Thursday at the latest and then will help people with their actual sheets. The following week is my Spring Break, so hopefully we can get started around then.

majinonifox1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character Name: Kyriol "Ky (pronounced Kai)" Delesta
Location of Origin: New York, New York

Class: Martial Mage, with a created Code of Conduct: Code of Cheats.
"A character following this code must behave underhandedly at all times. He or she may not attack a foe unless they can exploit a weakness, employ underhanded tricks to gain an edge, or attack the foe while they are helpless. He or she may not use honorable tactics, like attacking a foe one-on-one, unless it was a ruse to allow for an underhanded victory condition. Also, any challenges to games must be answered and he or she must cheat to win said game."

Theme/Style: Her primary use of Magic involves a deck of cards. Any deck will do.

Preferred Meeting Date: Avoiding the Wednesdays and Fridays, I am available Sundays and Mondays at that time.

Character Background: Having been beaten 5 times in a row, and leaving with less money than whence she came, Kyriol shut herself from the world. A budding poker player who was always knocked out first. Because who wants to see a female take the pot? She knew they were cheating somehow... but she couldn't figure out how... and it infuriated her. If only she could catch them in the act...
As she slept, she dreamed a strange dream. In it, a deck of cards animated itself and the kings and queens of each Suit spoke to her. They spoke of challenges and dangers... and rewards and risks. That she had been chosen... and all she had to do... was cheat. Given instruction in her dream, she went to the next local Poker tourney and entered with what little money she had left. And won.
As she was taking home her winnings, she was confronted by 2 men. Both of whom were in the poker game she was in, and both were the cheaters she suspected of. They confronted her about her cheating, and when she flipped the script, asking "How do you think I was cheating? The only way you'd think that is if you were cheating as well." they lost what little bit of gentlemmanly demeanor they had. She was assaulted by the two, driven to the ground and laughed at, spit upon. As she lay there, those same Kings and Queens showed in her mind... and as the two males turned and started to leave, Kyriol, quiet as a church mouse, stood and nailed each of them in their sensitive parts, driving both of them to the ground. Upon which, she turned them over and stomped their throats in, killing each. And once she finally realized what she'd done, the color in her face was gone. She ran to her car and drove home, wondering what the hell just happened to her... she was so shocked by what she'd done, she left behind her winnings. All her money. Every bit of it. She just drove home and cried in her pillow because of what she'd done...
Over time, she learned more of what she was capable of... those Kings and Queens coming to her wasn't just some dream, they seemed to be giving her power. She first discovered this when she was practicing a cheating method with her own deck of cards one day. As she was flipping cards, her head went berserk... a fitful migraine erupted as she just held her head, screaming out in pain! Neighbors were at work this time of day, so she was alone in her fit of pain... but as the pain passed, she looked up and the entirety of her place was torn ot ribbons... everything. But neatly stacked in the middle of the room, on top of a nearly crumbling table, was the deck of cards she'd been using to learn how to cheat better. Looking around the room, she just scooped up the deck and left. She was terrified at what was going on, not fully understanding what was happening to her... She ran quite a ways before finding a nearby alleyway and slumping against it... she sobbed into her knees, hidden from the world and terrified to even show herself anywhere again... suddenly, her phone jingled slightly. Her e-mail jingle. It did it again. And again. And again. And after one more time, she pulled out her phone and was about to chuck it until she saw the To: portion of the e-mail heading... she stared at it a bit as she just sat there, shaking in fear... but she opened the e-mail... and the world finally opened to her.

IC Response to Laurezabelle's Email:
To: lscratch@dcblacklight.wiz
Re: Re: An Offer of Employment, Growth, and Protection

Dear Laura,

I want to thank you. I knew not what was going on with me... and this letter, while brief, explained what I'm becoming... what my visions have meant. I own little in the way of posessions, most of them having been torn to shreds by my power. But if you think me important enough to save, I'm acceptant of such help. I shall see you on the aforementioned date. My only request... is when I arrive... please explain what's going on with me, in full detail. It needs not be over e-mail, but any explanation is a good one in my eyes. Be better than knowing nothing at all and fearing the next time I pull out a deck of cards. I shall eagerly await the chance to meet.

Sincerely,
   A Poor, Confused, and Endangered Soul,
   Kyriol Delesta

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Character Name: Jack Hurdley
Location of Origin: Winnipeg, Canada

Class: Merchant

Theme/Style: Jack uses his gun to perform his offensive magic. He contacts the merchant network by being in a quiet, secluded place for a while, sitting down and only hearing the sounds of nature around him.

Preferred Meeting Date: Can work schedule around meeting date (so, any?)

Character Background: Jack was supposed to be a genius. He scored perfect on his college entrance exams, and was accepted to the halls of MIT, studying quantum computers. At junior year, he was part of the team that wrote what is now the framework for all quantum computers now. But as soon as he graduated, he packed up and moved back to Winnipeg, seemingly without a trace. Most conspiracy theorists say he was forced to by the CIA, but the reality was he couldn't stand America, with its hustle and bustle. Others say that he fell in love with an AI, but the real reason was that he nearly lost one of his arms in an experiment involving massive amounts of gunpowder, and was found to be too much of a nuisance. So he lived in a shack outside his home city in Winnipeg for a good decade, stringing wires to connect himself to the outside world, his only connection. There, he built himself an exoskeleton to fit on his right arm, regaining the range of movement he had lost in the explosion. And he holed himself there, doing his favourite hobby: gunsmithing, while keeping at bay the various people looking to trash his name or find out where he was. Which made the email, the sole one addressed to him, all that more surprisingly.

TO: lscratch@dcblacklight.wiz

I heard it all. In one of my treks out in the wilderness, with only my gun by my side, I heard the cacophony of languages. English, French, Spanish, Arabic, and then Latin, Sanskrit, and then a few more languages I didn't even recognize. As a man of science, I refuse to believe your email, but the cacophony has grown louder since last week. I have lost a few springs and gained some interesting liquid metal recently. I am telling you this because your email, directed at me, the first one having done so in eleven years, can be the only explanation. That, or I have gone mad. But even my mad brain has forfeited the explanation of magic in this world. I will join your company, and work for you, but I must ask that you cover up any trail of my whereabouts. I have evaded the conspirators and the nubile doxxers, but I fear my time of stealth has come to an end. But if you can help, I will gladly join your ranks.

Best of luck with your endeavors,
Jack Hurdley
Still alive, amazingly.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Actually, nevermind, not in a writing mood.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 03:59:00 pm by Kevak »

Professor Anise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My application is did! Hopefully it's not too dumb/mary sue/idunno

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

On that note, Applications will be closed as of noon Pacific Time tomorrow (About 24.5 hours from now).

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Alright. Applications Closed. Expect Picks announced tonight or tomorrow.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Anyway, time to call the winners! It was very close this time. I literally had two applicants play Rock Paper Scissors for the last spot. As usual, I'd have loved to have everybody.

Here are the lucky players, in no particular order.

#1: Albert Gruber as played by MrVoid!

IC Response to Laurezabelle's Email: I'm in, I hope that your lodgings have hot water.

To: agruber@duetchmail.com
Re: An Offer of Employment, Growth, and Protection

Yeah we have hot water. You don't have to worry. I'd be more worried about lacking cold water with our supply officer around... But don't fret it. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

-Laurezabelle 'Laura' Scratch

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

#2: Jack Hurdley as played by KujiUn!

TO: lscratch@dcblacklight.wiz

I heard it all. In one of my treks out in the wilderness, with only my gun by my side, I heard the cacophony of languages. English, French, Spanish, Arabic, and then Latin, Sanskrit, and then a few more languages I didn't even recognize. As a man of science, I refuse to believe your email, but the cacophony has grown louder since last week. I have lost a few springs and gained some interesting liquid metal recently. I am telling you this because your email, directed at me, the first one having done so in eleven years, can be the only explanation. That, or I have gone mad. But even my mad brain has forfeited the explanation of magic in this world. I will join your company, and work for you, but I must ask that you cover up any trail of my whereabouts. I have evaded the conspirators and the nubile doxxers, but I fear my time of stealth has come to an end. But if you can help, I will gladly join your ranks.

Best of luck with your endeavors,
Jack Hurdley

To: notjackhurdley@topsecret.xxx

The world is big. I cannot promise that I can hide you from it, but I will try. And I will do everything in my power to see that you are ready for when you are found. At the very least I can keep you from those damn doxxers though. Will be seeing you soon then?

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

#3: Kyriol Delesta as played by majinonifox1!

Dear Laura,

I want to thank you. I knew not what was going on with me... and this letter, while brief, explained what I'm becoming... what my visions have meant. I own little in the way of posessions, most of them having been torn to shreds by my power. But if you think me important enough to save, I'm acceptant of such help. I shall see you on the aforementioned date. My only request... is when I arrive... please explain what's going on with me, in full detail. It needs not be over e-mail, but any explanation is a good one in my eyes. Be better than knowing nothing at all and fearing the next time I pull out a deck of cards. I shall eagerly await the chance to meet.

Sincerely,
   A Poor, Confused, and Endangered Soul,
   Kyriol Delesta

To: kyriolofspades@pokerstars.com

I don't think you are important enough to save as I think you are talented enough to help do the saving. We are stacking the deck with people like you. Don't worry, you will get all the explanation you might need, and then some, upon your arrival.

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

#4: Robert Ganzen as played by a Dryad Powder Miner!

Ms. Scratch,

Oh, thank God! This is basically exactly the sort of thing I needed! It's been awful trying to figure ALL of this out, and trying it's been killing me. I thought I was gonna get tossed in the loony bin or something... anyways: I'll be happy to accept, dangerous or not, since you're going to be helping out.

Also, how do I get the ticket from the email?

Sincerely, Robert Ganzen.

To: robgan1919@hotmail.com

Glad to have you aboard! Lets make this as simple as possible for you. Somewhere on that email should be the words 'BoardingPass.pdf' next to a little picture of a paperclip. Go to a library and open the email on one of their computers. Click on the 'BoardingPass.pdf'. The Ticket should pop up on the screen. Then ask one of the employees to help you print the ticket; It might cost you a dime, but don't worry, that is not worth nearly as much as you think it is anymore.

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

#5: Takagi Ryoko as Played by Professor Anise!

Thank you for your offer. I have confirmed with Yggdrasil that I am to meet with you at the earliest opportunity. However, I have been asked to ask you a question - why is it that there is no J Street in Washington, DC?

Please respond when you are able.

To: undefined@ygg.ad.jp

Yggdrasil just doesn't have access to the correct maps, but it gets points for not buying the explanation put on Snopes.com. There is indeed a J Street. You will in fact be housed on J Street. Remind me when we meet in person, and I will give you further explanation that I am not permitted to give over the internet. I'm looking forward to it!

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

#6: Sebastian "Sebas" Brewer as played by Lillipad!

IC Response to Laurezabelle's Email: So yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I didn't understand a word you wrote, but my uncle says you're magic architects or something, I didn't really understand what he said either. I dunno what all you expect from me, but I can make some damn good drinks for your group if I can set up the proper facilities. Architects do drink, right? Whatever, anyway, I guess I'll accept your invitation, and we can work out the specifics in person.
[/spoiler]

To: shitfacedsebas@gmail.com

Yeah... Sounds like we have to work out the specifics in person. I'm sure you will learn alot. Also, sounds like fun. I love me a good stiff drink from time to time. You can make Rum right? I actually have the formula for Mexican Coca Cola, so we should have a blast with that on our off hours!

Founding Partner and CEO
Blacklight

---

I'll start helping people with their sheets tomorrow. If you ask Lilli or Tarcius nicely, they might help you sooner than then. Have fun!

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Void, if you would please add me on Skype (kujiun) so I can add you to the Skype group, that would be lovely.
Still alive, amazingly.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Curses! I stop paying attention to this forum for a week and miss this thread entirely. Congratulations to the lucky winners. You have my eternal jealousy :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

You have my eternal jealousy :P
oh god i don't want jeremiah to kill me

KujiUn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jac is done! I'll need a fair amount of custom work done. Here's the list:

Growth:
One maneuver (ranged)
Two cantrips (one of them MUST be an Enbead)

Features:
Two permanent rituals
One feature
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 01:17:26 pm by KujiUn »
Still alive, amazingly.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Robert is done too!

Point Expenditure:
Growth: Two Cantrips (preferably supplementary to melee), one Class Spell (preferably some sort of creation thing), Maneuver (Melee, Weapon of some sort preferably)

Features: Feature (Some sort of Industry combat thingy?), Feature (Crafting), Permanent Ritual
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:33:33 pm by Powder Miner »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4