Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Any MUD players on Bay12?  (Read 4998 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Any MUD players on Bay12?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 08:29:52 am »

Oh damn.  I'm full on back into this fuckin game.

Lusternia that is.  I barely played Hell, and while I liked Carrion Fields the population was too low for a game like that I felt.  With a hundred players or so it'd probably be better.  Lusternia's not a whole lot better but with strong orgs and guilds you still have plenty of people to RP with. 

I'm pleasantly surprised by the spend a million dollars thing.  IRE is still a fine purveyor of money holes and Lusternia is generally considered the worst as far as money goes because of the number of skills but I chose one of the easiest classes to get into as far as money goes.  A lot of the real money sink seems to be in cosmetics and I'm a monk so I don't do cosmetics.  Anyway they improved the spending issues, you can get 1000 credits for ten bucks, twice per character, with the credits you get for leveling and the newbie achievements and all that that should be enough to cover your baseline skills.  Then there's the subscription which is a pretty hefty 25 a month but will cover 99% of what you'd probably want to do with it. 

Overall it's not all that expensive for an MMO considering there's no entry purchase.

There's also artifacts but I've never even looked at them.  Some of those prices are pretty absurd but one of the mods put it best, if it's overpriced and people buy it it's not overpriced.  I'm sure as hell not buying that shit though.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 09:40:47 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Mishrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 02:54:45 pm »

I played a homebrew anime/rp MUD as a kid and a few PK muds in college, but they were all pretty small pbase, relatively unknown MUDs with deep flaws and gameplay you just kinda had to deal with.  Fun but hard to play today.

I've dabbled on some of the top 10 MUDs on TMC from time to time (DSL, Aardwolf, Sloth) but none of them really held my interest for very long.  Sloth had a fun necromancer class though.  I should dabble there again sometime.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 03:07:01 pm by Mishrak »

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 03:03:05 pm »

Man I played the hell out of Achaea back in the day before the Basilica got turned into a crater. So many good memories, that game was always very pleasantly populated. Really felt like a living, breathing world. Until I got shrubbed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]