Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73359 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: Sudden Snake Attack
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2015, 01:38:22 pm »

Extend
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 25, 2015, 01:43:02 pm »

Here it is as promised: Ye Olde Wall o’ Text. I think this is the first time I've actually delivered on this promise...

Spoiler: origamiscienceguy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Peradon (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deathsword (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrade Shamrock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TheDarkStar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deus Asmoth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

So... I think I'll go ahead and add an extend to the pile. I'm also quite suspicious of 4mask due to the reasons in the spoiler.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 25, 2015, 01:46:32 pm »

It seems like Roo is bussing tiruin. I am not sure though which is why I am voting roo, not tiruin.
What makes you think this? This is kind of an odd accusation to throw out without evidence. How do you feel about this knowing roo’s flip?
I don't think you are bussing anymore.
Again, why? Why did you make a sudden accusation and then withdraw it just as suddenly?
[/spoiler]
At first, I thought that roo was being mad at tiruin for no reason, which suggested bussing because I didn't think he would just pick a random person to attack so aggressively. But Then I realized that he did the same thing in the BM game and he started doing it on Playergamer so I didn't think he was doing it anymore.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 25, 2015, 02:02:51 pm »

Day has been extended 24 hours to Thursday, March 26 at 3:00 PM EST

Votecount:

TheDarkStar-4maskwolf, Mastahcheese
4maskwolf- Cheeetar, Comrade Shamrock, TheDarkStar, Silthuri
Cheeetar-Deus Asmoth, Peradon

One more extension remains today.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 25, 2015, 02:12:27 pm »

4maskwolf's roleclaim gave me a bit of pause. Then I remembered that he's 4maskwolf, he does gambits, and I'm still pretty sure he's third party. I'm still gonna be voting for him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 25, 2015, 02:14:22 pm »

I still think he's third party, but I don't want to vote for him because there is a 2/3 chance that he could be helpful to the town. (I don't think that good/ugly are gonna want to side with mafia at this point.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:35 pm »

You don't want to vote him... because he's third party? So are you the ugly or the good, OSG?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

You don't want to vote him... because he's third party? So are you the ugly or the good, OSG?
There's a 2/3 chance that he is gonna help town. Along with whatever chance there is that he was telling the truth about the gambit.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2015, 02:32:19 pm »

Please explain this made up 2/3 statistic, OSG. 2/3 of the third parties at the moment require at least 3 town mislynches to win the game.

Show me where he said it was not town behavior, because I dont see it.

Blah. Sorry. Didn't even see this for a while. If he says town should not be doing something, that makes it non-town behaviour, yeah?
I've played some mafia.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2015, 03:07:47 pm »

Blah. Sorry. Didn't even see this for a while. If he says town should not be doing something, that makes it non-town behaviour, yeah?
You are making bad assumptions. First, you assume that when he says that town shouldnt be doing something, he's saying that that is non town, which is wrong. It may not be wise for town to do something, but that happens all the time, people do stupid things. Next, you say that non-town is equivalent to scummy, which is it invariably not. Take the CYOM for example. I gave up when being voted for 5 hours before the lynch. This was non-town of me to do, which by your logic, means that I must have been scum. Except I wasnt, I was town. Thus, non-town =/= scummy.

It really looked like you were misinterpreting him pretty badly, and your argument makes no sense. Thus, my vote stays on you.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 25, 2015, 03:57:53 pm »

It seems like Roo is bussing tiruin. I am not sure though which is why I am voting roo, not tiruin.
What makes you think this? This is kind of an odd accusation to throw out without evidence. How do you feel about this knowing roo’s flip?
I don't think you are bussing anymore.
Again, why? Why did you make a sudden accusation and then withdraw it just as suddenly?
[/spoiler]
At first, I thought that roo was being mad at tiruin for no reason, which suggested bussing because I didn't think he would just pick a random person to attack so aggressively. But Then I realized that he did the same thing in the BM game and he started doing it on Playergamer so I didn't think he was doing it anymore.
Fair enough.

There's a 2/3 chance that he is gonna help town. Along with whatever chance there is that he was telling the truth about the gambit.
The third parties aren't going to help town unless it helps them. They're going to need some townies to die in order to make it to D4. Killing townies doesn't seem very helpful for town. At all.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 25, 2015, 04:20:24 pm »

Silthuri: I was asking that because I'm not familiar with you, and knowing how much experience someone has will help inform me of some of your motives.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 25, 2015, 04:22:45 pm »

Persus13, if the good/ugly survive when the town wins, but it is not day 4 yet, will they win? It seems logical as there will be no more threats to them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 25, 2015, 04:43:42 pm »

Persus13, if the good/ugly survive when the town wins, but it is not day 4 yet, will they win? It seems logical as there will be no more threats to them.
The Good and Ugly only win if they both survive until D4. They automatically lose if the game ends before that. The Bad wins if both the Good and Ugly are dead or if they survive until the end, regardless of when that end is. If anything, the Good and Ugly are anti-town until D4. The Bad is more of a wild card. There is no incentive for the Good and Ugly to try and find scum before they win. If anything, the Bad would want to win the game fast.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 25, 2015, 04:47:11 pm »

Screw you guys and your stupid extension.  Seriously, we pretty much went straight back to a circlejerk around the same issues.  At least choose someone to lynch and lynch them, but don't waffle around.

I see no further reason to respond to the people who are accusing me: I have laid my hand on the table, you can believe my words or not at your own discretion.

Like, seriously though.  If you want to lynch me, lynch me, but at this point an extension is unneeded, since 8 people out of eleven had their votes in at the time of the extension, indicating that people have mostly made up their minds.

Alright, once I get over my irritation at the extension I'll try to do a bit more scumhunting for ya'll before day end, although I wish TDS were able to get online more often so that he could answer the questions I have for him, as my hands are tied with regards to pressuring other people with votes until he answers.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33