Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73348 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #285 on: March 24, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »

Also: They're going to vote to avoid being lynched, which means jumping on the easiest bandwagon and being as invisible as possible. They're not going to want to take risks or do scumhunting themselves, lest they be a target for scum.
Not entirely true: scumhunt too little and you get lynched for active lurking or shot as a third-party by the other faction.  Take risks, yes, they don't want to do that, but when was the last time you saw a townie take a big risk?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:22 pm »

4mask: I think you're assuming that roo is good at the game. He's, err... not? Look for qualitative and not quantitative measures of skill.
I wasn't meaning skill in my analogy, I was saying time-wise.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:43 pm »

Is this your strategy for not getting lynched? I don't think it is working.
it's a process; I'm learning.
I recommend doing what 4mask suggested. Calm down, don't treat this as life-and-death. To me, and many others, this is a fun pastime and not a hobby. Treat it like a game and not a competition.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 24, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »

I recommend doing what 4mask suggested. Calm down, don't treat this as life-and-death. To me, and many others, this is a fun pastime and not a hobby. Treat it like a game and not a competition.
[joke]Says the person with the highest postcount in pretty much every game they play.[/joke]

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2015, 09:26:28 pm »

[joke]Says the person with the highest postcount in pretty much every game they play.[/joke]
What else am I supposed to do in Advanced Placement Physics?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 24, 2015, 09:26:50 pm »

oops. Forgot the joke tags.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:13 pm »

Also: They're going to vote to avoid being lynched, which means jumping on the easiest bandwagon and being as invisible as possible. They're not going to want to take risks or do scumhunting themselves, lest they be a target for scum.
Not entirely true: scumhunt too little and you get lynched for active lurking or shot as a third-party by the other faction.  Take risks, yes, they don't want to do that, but when was the last time you saw a townie take a big risk?

Every time you play town :D
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 24, 2015, 09:27:59 pm »

TheDarkStar what makes me more likely to be panicking scum than any other option?

You're voting people erratically and you're constantly on the defense.

the third-parties aren't just going to gang up on townies to mislynch them because THEY DON'T KNOW WHO IS TOWN ANY MORE THAN WE DO!

No? Two of them know each other's identity. Also, it makes sense for the third-parties to lynch town rather than scum because lynching scum significantly shortens the game for the third parties. They might not know exactly who the town are, but they can make good guesses.

Comrade Shamrock: Vote on 4mask about a natural defense 4mask did. It was too early for anybody to really scumhunt so you can't blame 4mask. You, on the other hand, started off scumhunting and didn't seem to actually care about who you voted on. Could be still RVS, or you really don't care who get's lynched. Scum lean

OSG: Scumhunting is not actually a scummy thing to do, but not scumhunting is. You seem to have reversed that.

Everyone voting for 4mask: Why are voting for him? Do you think he is 3rd party or mafia? Why?

I'm voting for him because he's acting scummy (as detailed above). As for whether he's 3rd party or mafia, I'm leaning towards scum. I have an idea about who his scumbuddy is if he's scum, but I'm going to wait to see his flip.

PPE: Roo: You're not doing that badly for a new player. You should look up how my first few games went sometime (hint: I was lynched, sometimes more than once per game).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 24, 2015, 09:34:23 pm »

TheDarkStar what makes me more likely to be panicking scum than any other option?

You're voting people erratically and you're constantly on the defense.

the third-parties aren't just going to gang up on townies to mislynch them because THEY DON'T KNOW WHO IS TOWN ANY MORE THAN WE DO!

No? Two of them know each other's identity. Also, it makes sense for the third-parties to lynch town rather than scum because lynching scum significantly shortens the game for the third parties. They might not know exactly who the town are, but they can make good guesses.
Massive post is massive.

Please, do tell why it is scummy that I change my mind about people after receiving answers from them.

If someone votes for crappy reasons they get called on it, thus is the way of mafia.  And please, educated guesses about who is town?  In CYOM 3 both of the scum players of one team topped nearly everyone's "towny list" for D1 and flabort remained in good standing among the living for... quite some time (basically until he started going power-mad).  So, pray tell, how much use to you believe that scumhunting is?

Also, people here are fairly glaringly missing some meta things, not just with me but with other people.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 24, 2015, 09:38:03 pm »

Oh, and TDS: if you think you know who my scumbuddy is if I flip scum, it would behoove you to tell the town before the end of the day in case you get killed in the night.  Unless you're just trying to earn yourself towncred with that statement without ever qualifying it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2015, 10:04:41 pm »

PFP

Forgot to add a vote in my last post. roo
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2015, 10:12:33 pm »

Man, this post exploded. I just finished catching up, so expect a post soon.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »

Ok guys, look at roo's playstyle. He played like this in the BM, he is playing like this in the bastard game, this is just his meta, so dont vote for him based on that please.

8 pages in and the circle jerk continues...
roo: Then why are you not doing anything to try and break it? So far, all I've seen is you complain about it, but not actually do anything about that.
DeathSword, this looks like a OMGUS to me. First he votes you for criticizing DA based on wording, which was entirely justifiable. Then you respond, defending yourself. Then you quote his circlejerking post, and vote based on that, which is by no means justifiable, and looks to me like you are trying to cover up your OMGUS.
It may to you, but up to this post he'd done pretty much nothing but bitch about RVS/RQS instead of trying to move us out of it by actually questioning anyone. Sure, they voted me based on my attempt to see if DA would do a big slip or not, but they never actually followed through on it. So I called them out on it, and added pressure.
[/quote]I actually cant argue with this. Unvote for now.

Cheeetar: Please respond to this. It does look like you were trying to put words into 4mask's mouth:
4maskwolf: What reason would town have for not wanting to establish a consistent approach to dealing with the third parties?
The scum are actually in more of a position to want the third-parties gone, since they have more to lose from shooting the ugly or getting shot by the bad.  So I say we leave them to do their own thing and focus on the actual task of finding scum.

And this means town should not have a consistent approach to dealing with third parties because...?
Because every game is different, every situation is different, and it's pointless to fuss over the future.

This is a very poor argument for thinking that discussing best practices is scummy, 4maskwolf.
Now that's just blatant misrepresentation.  I never said it was scummy, I said it was a waste of time and we should focus on scumhunting,

4maskwolf: You look pretty scummy right now. Some people have put forward some good thoughts on you, basically saying that you are getting defensive, and you arent scumhunting besides in defense of yourself. What say you on this?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2015, 11:14:57 pm »

Roo has also been blatantly disrespectful of some players. Look at this:
tldr: wah wah I don't like what Roo is saying even tho it's true. If all of that is an issue then don't play mafia. seriously if you can't contribute the adequate time to it why ruin it for everyone that can and does play to win.
And this:
It's great that he's doing x and y in college/university it sucks that tiruin doesn't have stable internet. That does affect this game and the players in it. Instead of doing some repairs on the house I'm reading the thread and posting in it everyday. I made a commitment to the game by signing up for it. Am I being aggressive yes. But so what. How does that detract from anything I said? Should they replace out? Yes I think so they have both clearly stated they can't contribute.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2015, 11:19:08 pm »

Roo has also been blatantly disrespectful of some players. Look at this:
tldr: wah wah I don't like what Roo is saying even tho it's true. If all of that is an issue then don't play mafia. seriously if you can't contribute the adequate time to it why ruin it for everyone that can and does play to win.
And this:
It's great that he's doing x and y in college/university it sucks that tiruin doesn't have stable internet. That does affect this game and the players in it. Instead of doing some repairs on the house I'm reading the thread and posting in it everyday. I made a commitment to the game by signing up for it. Am I being aggressive yes. But so what. How does that detract from anything I said? Should they replace out? Yes I think so they have both clearly stated they can't contribute.
Yes, I know. He has been, and if it gets worse, I might be willing to do a policy lynch on him. But he's pretty much like this in the other games too, so its his meta.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33