Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73425 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2015, 07:36:00 am »

That's,.. patently false, as the town is likley to take a few days to get their shit put together anyway.  Why are you so intent on crucifying them?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2015, 07:37:26 am »

Why're y'all using such persecutin' words?! :I

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2015, 07:39:53 am »

Why does me pointing out that there are three options for the Good and Ugly to play and you've purposefully left out the one that doesn't fit your desire to lynch them count as me evangelising them, Cheeetar?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2015, 08:03:01 am »

Playing as town allies is playing against their win condition. You might as well ask 'why should we lynch mafia if there's the chance that they'll choose not to night kill us?' We don't lynch people based on what they theoretically could do if they wanted to play against their win condition and go out of their way to help us for no reason.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:24 am »

Playing as town allies is playing against their win condition.
Blatant falsehood.  You're assuming that town players will lynch scum every day, which is false, and as such third parties actually have no reason to help either side.  Really, it comes down to who is winning on D4, and if the town is winning they are likely to side with the town (to do anything else would be stupid, as it would make them lynch targets when they need to survive).  Since scumhunting usually turns up a townie for the lynch, they are inclined to go along with it regardless, particularly since it might turn up the bad and save them a whole lot of trouble.  In particular, the ugly can be a major force for the town, since they kill the first mafia member to target them.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:28 am »

Oh lord I got involved in the third-parties debate...

DAMN YOU CHEEETAR!!!!!!!!! :P

Cheeetar, you didn't actually answer Deus Asmoth's question.

roo: What do you think of the current goings-on.

Deathsword: How difficult is it to find time to play mafia?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2015, 11:52:52 am »

This. I have a vote on you, AND YOU HAVENT SAID A GOSH DARN SINGLE THING!

Grrrrr.....

We only have a few hours left to vote, so my vote is staying right where it is.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2015, 11:54:17 am »

This. I have a vote on you, AND YOU HAVENT SAID A GOSH DARN SINGLE THING!

Grrrrr.....

We only have a few hours left to vote, so my vote is staying right where it is.
EBWOP: Actually, we have another day... so nevermind. Still, you need to post something DS!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2015, 03:11:32 pm »

Deus:
Shamrock, why would only the bad not want to confirm or deny being a third party?
No idea. Probably no one is going to back him up if he does confirm third so he must be bad so denying seems like his only option. And just not confirming or denying doesn't really gain anything as far as I can see.

origami:
My mistake. Missed a /quote

4mask has not denied that he is 3rd party, which is something that I think that the bad would do for fear of the mafia killing him. And his defence was brought on by people asking threatning questions. I think that you are just trying to make a case to do the exacrt thing you accuse 4mask of doing. Comerade Shamrock
He has in fact denied it.

Comrade Shamrock: Am I a third-party?  I can say whatever I want in answer to this question and it is abjectly meaningless, seeing as how you can't confirm my alignment.  My answer is no.
But then again he told his word was worthless if he so wished. Also what logic were you following up there? The bad ergo SK would not confirm he is third party and you thought 4mask hadn't and that made you think he was worth saving.

4mask:
Additionally, Comrade, you are being incredibly hypocritical by voting me for not scumhunting and then doing no actual scumhunting yourself.  You drop a vote, be sarcastic in the face of a request for people to ACTUALLY scumhunt, and then answer a question.
It was two in the morning so forgive me if I was not up to scratch. And I'm being hypocritical? I'm voting you for telling everyone to scumhunt and then not really following through yourself. Which seems to me like you're trying to look like your contributing helpfully but not actually doing much. Now you're trying to convince people to go at me or get me to back off with my own argument? Please, point out those moments when I was berating people for not scumhunting and then did very little.

Also origami laid claim in one post that you did not deny being third party and this forms one of the points that made him rise to your defence and you were content to let him. This also influences mastahcheese's read of you. So pray tell did you just forget about it?

Pera:
Actually, I have a question:

Everyone voting for 4mask: Why are voting for him? Do you think he is 3rd party or mafia? Why?
Reasons above.

Also welcome to the brotherhood.

cheesums:

Scummiest:
4maskwolf: Hypocrisy, defensiveness, OMGUS and possibly letting others defend him.
OrigamiScienceGuy:
roo: He was mainly quibbling over minor details with OSG then dropped off the face of the earth. It's not much to judge off. Slight scum
TDS/Cheetar/Deathsword:For the life of me I can't remember anything significant about what these fellows are up to. Null until I go and get around to re-reading the thread.
Silthuri: Eh? What can I judge on? Null
Tiruin: Null, only one real instance to go on and I've seen her pull out walls of text as a sk.
Mastahcheese:Also keeping his head, doing more to advance the game than 4mask.
Peradon:Seems to be keeping a level head asking good questions. Slight town.
Deus Asmoth:This bugger always ends up down here. Good play, I guess.
Towniest:

Cheese can you explain the logic surrounding non confirming/denying being good?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2015, 03:58:14 pm »

He has in fact denied it.

Comrade Shamrock: Am I a third-party?  I can say whatever I want in answer to this question and it is abjectly meaningless, seeing as how you can't confirm my alignment.  My answer is no.
Oh! I didn't see that. Unvote
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2015, 04:29:39 pm »

Question was: Why am I not considering that the third parties might help town? Answer: Because if they do they lose in most cases. They need 4 townies to be dead (at least 2 mislynches and 2 mafia nightkills) as well as 2 more kills from the bad at night in order for day 4 to be a possibility. If they help us lynch scum, lose. This is simple. I know you're a third party, and have a vested interest in lying about this, but third parties are not our friends.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2015, 05:37:35 pm »

8 pages in and the circle jerk continues...
roo: Then why are you not doing anything to try and break it? So far, all I've seen is you complain about it, but not actually do anything about that.
DeathSword, this looks like a OMGUS to me. First he votes you for criticizing DA based on wording, which was entirely justifiable. Then you respond, defending yourself. Then you quote his circlejerking post, and vote based on that, which is by no means justifiable, and looks to me like you are trying to cover up your OMGUS.
[/quote]
It may to you, but up to this post he'd done pretty much nothing but bitch about RVS/RQS instead of trying to move us out of it by actually questioning anyone. Sure, they voted me based on my attempt to see if DA would do a big slip or not, but they never actually followed through on it. So I called them out on it, and added pressure.

Deathsword: Another question to add to the things you need to answer when you're not so busy. :P
You've been scumreading someone for a good while, and they claim to be third party (let's say good or ugly, not bad). How would this affect your thinking?
Outside LYLO/MYLO, I'd suspect them of doing it to get pressure off themselves. The GBU have no reason to reveal themselves early, since if the Good or Ugly out themselves, the Bad will home in on them (unless the Bad is dead, in which case it would be understandable). If the Bad out themselves, they will be a huge target, because if the Good and/or Ugly are alive, the Bad has reasons to keep killing semi-randomly. If they are dead, they are a still a threat to both town and scum due to having a reusable kill.

Varies based on the day.

Curse University and having to hunt books because teacher A wants people to read pages X to Y.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:57 pm »

Question was: Why am I not considering that the third parties might help town? Answer: Because if they do they lose in most cases. They need 4 townies to be dead (at least 2 mislynches and 2 mafia nightkills) as well as 2 more kills from the bad at night in order for day 4 to be a possibility. If they help us lynch scum, lose. This is simple. I know you're a third party, and have a vested interest in lying about this, but third parties are not our friends.
In that case, wouldn't it be a better option for the Bad to aid the town, since he wins just by surviving to the end of the game? I see your reasoning, but I'm not sure that third party=automatic lynch is the best way to go about it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2015, 06:07:18 pm »

Cheese can you explain the logic surrounding non confirming/denying being good?
I'm having a little trouble understanding what you're asking, by the wording, but I'll try.

Let's say that I'm the Good. If I confirm that I am the Good, then the Bad will obviously try to kill me, to accomplish their wincon.
Therefore, I shouldn't confirm. If the Bad is dead, things change, but I won't get into that yet because it's only day 1, and isn't relevant yet.
If I deny being the Good, then, in the short term, there isn't really much of an issue (in much the same way that denying any role would) but later on, when people start doing mass claims, (or in the event the Ugly is revealed, and is questioned) than people would be considerably less likely to believe me saying that I'm the Good if I previously denied it.

Not sure if this is what you were asking, but I hope so.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2015, 07:00:34 pm »

DA: I find it pretty curious that you said "we don't", as if stating something that is, rather than "we didn't", meaning a hypothetical situation. Why is that?
Probably because the official grammatical rules are rarely followed in practice.
Or... it could be an actual slip. It's not unknown for that to happen. It's even happened to me in the past.

DS: if we don't have any way to determine which of them they are, leave them alone. Otherwise it's a one in three chance that one of us will end up dead instead, which doesn't seem like good odds to me.
DA: I find it pretty curious that you said "we don't", as if stating something that is, rather than "we didn't", meaning a hypothetical situation. Why is that?

This seems unnecessarily nitpicky. Normally I wouldn't mind but you voted him and this looks like an excuse to keep your vote on him. And your line of thought is severely undercut by the "if" in front of "we don't". Seems unusual for someone being nitpicky to blatantly forget a word in from of the words he's focusing on.
Deathsword
Caught scum D1 last game Caught scum d1 here.
The if is irrelevant. For example: I am town, so if I say "if I do vote you", I am saying that implying my alignment. Now, if I was asked what I'd do as, let's say, the Bad, I'd phrase it as "if I did vote you".

Furthermore, I believe that if you do indeed cause my lynch, you'll be quite disappointed with your streak being broken, for I am not scum.
l.o.l. I would be more persuaded if their  was precedence for what you are saying. Attempting to extrapolate alignment from a phrase is useless because their are two many variables. Age, esl(?), whether they bother with grammar, how they speak, and what they meant to say. If I do vote you, If I were to vote you, If I were going to vote you, if I did vote you. You are basically saying the tense is where scum lie. I find that lacking.

8 pages in and the circle jerk continues...
roo: Then why are you not doing anything to try and break it? So far, all I've seen is you complain about it, but not actually do anything about that.

What do you want me to do? tell everyone to stop talking? Worst vote ever. Before this post I even ask tiruin a couple questions. Like you post nothing become sir lurks a lot then vote me using a half assed excuse. This guy seriously needs to get lynched. it looks like he wanted to just stick his vote to someone.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33