Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73335 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2015, 11:25:01 pm »

Cheeetar: Please respond to this. It does look like you were trying to put words into 4mask's mouth:
4maskwolf: What reason would town have for not wanting to establish a consistent approach to dealing with the third parties?
The scum are actually in more of a position to want the third-parties gone, since they have more to lose from shooting the ugly or getting shot by the bad.  So I say we leave them to do their own thing and focus on the actual task of finding scum.

And this means town should not have a consistent approach to dealing with third parties because...?
Because every game is different, every situation is different, and it's pointless to fuss over the future.

This is a very poor argument for thinking that discussing best practices is scummy, 4maskwolf.
Now that's just blatant misrepresentation.  I never said it was scummy, I said it was a waste of time and we should focus on scumhunting,

Eh. Saying something is scummy behaviour, saying something is not town behaviour- same thing? Not really, but close enough from where I was coming.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2015, 11:30:50 pm »

Show me where he said it was not town behavior, because I dont see it.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 24, 2015, 11:31:28 pm »

As the arguing begins to grow more and more bitter, there suddenly is a loud hissing as roo let's out a scream. A venomous snake has attacked him form behind. Roo is hauled off to the hospital but is expected to die very soon, while several of the soldiers kill the snake with a few shots from their weapons.. A few hours later the general shows up, grinning happily. "Guess your work is being done by the local wildlife. Roo was one of the Confederate spies that had infiltrated our camp. After he died we found some reports on our movements to be sent to a known Confederate sympathizer nearby. Unfortunately he wasn't the only spy among our ranks."

Roo has been killed. Roo was a Confederate Soldier.

Votecount:
TheDarkStar-4maskwolf, Mastahcheese
4maskwolf- Cheeetar, Comrade Shamrock, TheDarkStar
Cheeetar-Deus Asmoth, Peradon

Everyone has completed the vote requirement until the current day end time.

Day will end Wednesday, March 25 at 3:00 PM EST (14.5 hours from this post)
0/4 votes to extend
0/6 votes to shorten
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: Sudden Snake Attack
« Reply #303 on: March 24, 2015, 11:34:14 pm »

Wait, who has a daykill?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:35 pm »

...Ok then. I did not expect that. I guess I was wrong about him. I'll need to analyze to see who is his scum-partner...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 24, 2015, 11:53:21 pm »

Wait, who has a daykill?
It must have been the Angry Private...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2015, 12:03:16 am »

Whoah. Awesome work, private!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2015, 12:06:48 am »

The angry privates kill is one-shot: should they claim so we have a confirmed townie? Even if one of the scum tries to claim it, they can just counterclaim, essentially winning town the game.
I've played some mafia.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2015, 12:09:52 am »

One thing I noticed is that he seemed very unusual towards tiruin. Not sure what this implies though.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2015, 12:10:25 am »

The angry privates kill is one-shot: should they claim so we have a confirmed townie? Even if one of the scum tries to claim it, they can just counterclaim, essentially winning town the game.
I think they should. It would narrow the field a bit.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2015, 02:27:48 am »

Oh come on. I return and this happens :I
In which I am all o_o
Nice work private!

PFP [Tiruin is a mop. She is too busy mopping! AFTER EXAMS]
In which I deliberately misspell.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2015, 02:29:12 am »

Edoot: Read up recent pages.

Roo ._. There's something called 'being scum', and 'being literally scum', as an adage to share.

Even scum have principles in calling others out. :(

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2015, 02:33:14 am »

Also a tiiiiny poke on the B12 Mafia.

roo: You've pushed enough of my buttons to almost merit a policy lynch.  Allow me to inform you: we here on Bay12 are CASUAL mafia players.  We aren't going to be one of those forums with 20 posts an hour per game around the clock.  If you got rid of every player who can't maintain an "adequate post count", we wouldn't have enough players left to run a game.

This isn't really true: Casual or 'Hardcore' doesn't matter--post count doesn't matter either.

It's the essence and quality of the posts you give, regardless of the forum host, or the playerbase. Regardless of how many posts you make, if they're all fluff and one-sided, closed-sided banter, then that doesn't do well for your credibility; multiply that amount by a playerbase with similar attitude, and that forms a reputation for the community.

The orange part is...disputable. :P But what I can agree on, is that the players I've seen on B12 employ a rather thorough degree of logic and reasoning as well as emotional intertwining (and application of elocution and vocabulary) that I'm rather happy to be playing here. A lot.

Though this differs between games due to who you're playing with, that's how I've observed the playerbase as of late, and many months ago.

Also I miss Vector but that's a whole different point I'm adding for no reason.

Also Wall of text coming up soon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2015, 02:37:53 am »

One thing I noticed is that he seemed very unusual towards tiruin. Not sure what this implies though.
Unusual how? He mentioned me and all?

Doesn't look any different from what anyone would do, in my opinion.
(Also will expound on Roo since he's dead--also Silthuri and I are female :P)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2015, 05:11:39 am »

Well then... good job angry private!  One more to go!

Peradon: I would counter that I do my best work scumhunting when under pressure, and usually focused on those who target me.  I literally get accused of that every single game I become the primary lynch target, regardless of my alignment.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33