Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 55511 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Fight club
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2015, 05:57:10 pm »

"Huh..."
Back to the elevator and leave the place like nothing ever happened

"Well. Your spandex guys suck, why don't you hire stronger people like you? But not me, cause i am a good person, and you guys are bad people!
Anyways, guess i'll fight the mightiest warrior in this building. I guess that's you? But you gotta remove the helmet first."

((Is the big bad guy the dude that i need to fight or the dude Delekates has to fight?))
  ((Nah, you haven't met him yet. The Kahn is just a giant powered up asshole and Gunny is a hard-ass with no patience for new recruits. The Kahn is relatively small time and Gunny isn't a villain.))

He gives hearty laugh when you've finished speaking. The red spandexes are grinning, while the green spandexes either have a neutral or slightly disgusted expression.

"Splendid! You have the fighting spirit inside of you. I must admire your guts, insulting my warriors and demanding I remove my helmet when you are in the lions den! Very well, I shall grant your request. Prepare yourself!"

He throws his helmet to the side and steps into the ring. He lightly jumps from foot to foot and puts his hands up, ready for the fight.

((i have kinda sparring there, so u can place bet and continue ur journey, ill join in when this will end))
Make a giant rock and in a jump atack throw it right in his face.
"Lets have some fun YEAH!!!"
You [5] jump up and summon a bloody big rock. You throw it down toward gunny, aiming for his face. Gunny [6->3] strikes out with his robotic arm, catching the rock when it's right in front of him. The rock splinters, showering the ring with shards of stone. Gunny, being right infront of the rocksplosion, has to shield his eyes from the splinters.

"YOU GOT THIS CUBE WONDER! I'M TOTALLY NOT DITCHING YOU RIGHT NOW!"

Hop into a car and go for a drive, he can catch up
To the great dread of whoever must do the insurances of this place, you grab another jeep and go for a drive. You drive around some of scenic routes near the base.

"Try not to flinch. What is this?"

The sudden voice next to you nearly makes you swerve into the oncoming lane. Next to you, in the car that was most definately empty, sits a man in a blue robe and pointy hat with a great big long beard, looking suspiciously at a packet of gum.

"Is it some kind of medicine?"

"Time to find some people to save!  I know just where to look!"

Head to the complementary bar and keep an eye out for choking people.  Apply Heimlich maneuver whenever needed.
You head over to the bar and, like an eagle on a treetop looking for tasty tiny mammals, keep an eye on everyone there for sudden choking. One guest puts his hand in front of his mouth and gives a tiny cough. Someone who isn't paying attention wouldn't have noticed, but you're on him like a velociraptor on a dumb gun-for-hire. You start performing lifesaving heimlich manoevre on him, ultimately ending in him vomiting up about half a dozen sandwiches onto the bar.

A guy in uniform comes over.

"Whoa, hold on here. What's all this then?"

Try to find followers, to help me on my deeds.
What, like, just find them lying in a ditch somewhere? "Followers" is mighty vague. Thinking about it, there's a few groups of people who might be into following someone with your powers. There's the College anime club, those people would be all over this. Then there's a goth-loli club who do these weekly gatherings where they all wear frilly clothes. You'd fit right in there. Other than that, you could always try to take over one of the smaller gangs, like the Disco Dangers or the High rollers. Those two are fairly small.

"It worked? Huh. I'll call you Rach."

Flip through the book for something like a modified animunculi, maybe a modified shell or suit that could be worn by a person. If I find one, instruct Rach to collect materials and help me build it. If not, see if there is a doorway inside the building where I could carve LaoZi's symbol so I can visit him without having to go back to the house. Go to see LaoZi again and see if Rach can follow me into his realm.
You flip through the book, but don't manage to find anything resembling a suit. There is a somewhat man-sized animunculi in here. It wouldn't be wholly impossible to make it slightly larger and mostly hollow so that it could be worn. You're sure Rach could find the parts, though you'll have to specify what materials you want to use. The recipe also asks for an "Other" to be melded with the suit, to provide power.

You can certainly carve LaoZi's portal in here, though it would mean the one in your house stops functioning. Rach can follow you, yes.

Stumble into the shower and wash myself.
You stumble into the shower and start washing off the soot. After a minute or two you remember to actually take off your clothes. The burns on your hands are gone, as if nothing had happened.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

extreme fighting action

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 01, 2015, 06:43:25 pm »

Go to the goth-loli club, for a sidekick!
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 01, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »

"Eh, weren't you paying attention?  I just saved a man's life!  You should thank me!  Don't you know? Choking is the number 1 cause of death at places with food!  If I don't help these poor vulnerable people, who will?"

Attempt to persuade the uninformed uniformed man of my heroics.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 01, 2015, 06:52:38 pm »

After finishing, stay inside the bathroom and try to summon some fire.

Am I really that desperate that I'll start pretending a drug overdose gave me superpowers?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 01, 2015, 08:15:41 pm »

Make a Lamp Pole, biggest i can imagine, and smack foes legs!
"Yeeeeeeaaaaaah!!!!"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 01, 2015, 08:55:57 pm »

"THAT'S JUST GUM, CHEW A PIECE IF YOU WANT, BUT DON'T SWALLOW IT. HOW'D YOU GET IN MY CAR, MERLIN?"

Keep driving, hopefully not crashing

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 01, 2015, 09:46:52 pm »

((Can I figure out who LaoZi is by Googling him? I want to search for SunTzu in the book afterwards so he can be my Jarvis.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 01, 2015, 09:50:27 pm »

((Can I figure out who LaoZi is by Googling him? I want to search for SunTzu in the book afterwards so he can be my Jarvis.))
((You mean you hadn't already? Of course, google away. He's was a big taoist.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 01, 2015, 09:51:10 pm »

((I meant IC))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 01, 2015, 09:52:55 pm »

((I meant IC))
((Sure thing. Wouldn't even need to roll.))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 01, 2015, 09:59:19 pm »

((I meant IC))
((Sure thing. Wouldn't even need to roll.))
((Lol, rolled a 1, accidentally searched "lousy" instead and spent the next two turns reading about delousing your pets))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 01, 2015, 10:04:35 pm »

Google LaoZi. After that, look in the daemones book for Sun Tzu and the required ritual for him, along with Alexander the Great. Have Rach find the strongest metal possible in here that isn't part of the building or the machinery to build that human animunculi as it is in the book. Also, Google the strongest common metal that could be bought at a metalworks or hobby store. Oh, and Google the kind of metal they use for tank armor.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:10:38 pm by Beirus »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 02, 2015, 05:19:54 pm »

extreme fighting action
You know you want to fight, extremely, and you make your move. Your indecisiveness on what exactly would be an extreme enoug way to attack makes it so that The Kahn can get in the first attack. He [3] vs [5] jabs out with his fist, tiny whisps of golden light sparking off. You manage to dodge it completely, [2] but fail to do anything in retalliation. The Khan [5] vs [4] spins around and throws his entire weight into the next punch. You manage to put up your arms in time, the punch sends a jolt of pain through both of your arms and you slide back a good four feet or so.

The Kahns moves back a bit, tiny whisps of light dancing around his fists.

Go to the goth-loli club, for a sidekick!
You go to the local park where the goth-loli club is having their annual sandwich picknick. You walk up to them and start babbling about being a magical girl and needing a sidekick to save the world. Most of them just ignore you, but one of the girls invites you to sit with her on her blanket and have a sandwich. The girl, Alice, is dressed in black and white goth-loli outfit with some red accents and seems quite interested in becoming your sidekick. She does ask what it would require from her to become a sidekick, though.

"Eh, weren't you paying attention?  I just saved a man's life!  You should thank me!  Don't you know? Choking is the number 1 cause of death at places with food!  If I don't help these poor vulnerable people, who will?"

Attempt to persuade the uninformed uniformed man of my heroics.
The man, who looks quite angry, nevertheless listens to your explenation. [2] You try to explain why your actions are actually heroic as hell, but the fact that you continue to heimlich the poor guy while you're explaining doesn't seem to aid your cause. After the third time the guy vomits, the uniformed man cuts you off.

"Allright, enough of this. Remove yourself from the premises, you clearly aren't fit to fight for The Father and Purge this world in His name!"

After finishing, stay inside the bathroom and try to summon some fire.

Am I really that desperate that I'll start pretending a drug overdose gave me superpowers?
You finish washing yourself and go have a sit down on the loo. Man, those drugs were a real trip right? Not like you coudl just focus a bit and wave your hand like so and fire would just come out, right?

Your hand is engulfed in a flame, though it only feels mildly warm and doesn't hurt you at all.

Make a Lamp Pole, biggest i can imagine, and smack foes legs!
"Yeeeeeeaaaaaah!!!!"
You attempt to summon a big ass lamp pole! [6 -> 3] You summon one of those big ass lamp poles that you see on the side of highways. It immediatly starts falling to the ground. You [4]  realize that there's no way in hell any sane human could even think of lifting something that heavy jump out of the way. Gunny [2] manages to get his fleshy arm pinned underneath the lamp post. It looks pretty much completely squished about halway from his shoulder to his elbow. He gives a scream of pain, but then takes out his combat knife and starts sawing off the arm. He stands back up, blood pouring from the stump.

"Impressive, but don't think this fight is over yet. ON YOUR FEET, MAGGOT!"

"THAT'S JUST GUM, CHEW A PIECE IF YOU WANT, BUT DON'T SWALLOW IT. HOW'D YOU GET IN MY CAR, MERLIN?"

Keep driving, hopefully not crashing
You manage to stay calm and keep on driving at a relaxed pace. The wizard puts a piece of gum in his mouth.

"Ooh, minty. These are quite nice. I got into your 'kaar' by way of magic, obviously. Who is this Merlin you refer to? My name is Magnus, nor Merlin."

Google LaoZi. After that, look in the daemones book for Sun Tzu and the required ritual for him, along with Alexander the Great. Have Rach find the strongest metal possible in here that isn't part of the building or the machinery to build that human animunculi as it is in the book. Also, Google the strongest common metal that could be bought at a metalworks or hobby store. Oh, and Google the kind of metal they use for tank armor.
Hoo boy. Right, first you google LaoZi. Wikipedia, no matter what universe you find yourself in, is always there like a good friend: LaoZi

You try finding Sun Tzu and Alexander the Great. No such entries exist.

Rach could certainly go and scrounge up some steel from the broken down machinery and vehicles around here. As for metalworks, hell, free trade is the name of the game in megacity 15. You can get some pretty impressive stuff, though it might costs you an arm and a leg.

As for tanks, well, that depends on the tank, really. Light APC's sometimes go for aluminium. Just straight up steel was used throughout a lot of WWII. Depleted uranium sandwiched between two sheets of steel is another way fo doing it. Then we get to the later way of doing things, with composite armours like chobham. Word of warning though, while infantry weapons have progressed much like they have in the real world, vehicle based combat was largely neglected due to the vehicles being very inviting and easy targets for heroes. Of course, they're a lot more useful now that all the heroes have just vanished, but generally vehicles/ships/airplanes have become stuck somewhere along WWII-Cold War era technology. Exceptions apply, of course, like the stuff the Hercules corp. is making and using.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 02, 2015, 05:33:54 pm »

"ITS NOT OVER YET"
Summons barbarian axe and quickly slides to general and makes attempt to take his second arm.
"uUUughhhhhh"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33