Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 55544 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: impromptu hiatus over
« Reply #270 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:30 am »

"Excuse me, sir. Are you LaoZi?"

Greet spirit politely. Inquire if he can provide evidence that is really happening, and also if he knows about either of the two books I got.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2015, 03:10:56 pm »

"They burned my house. I need help."

that said, wait for  the police to come.

((why do you hate me so much, i played 6 turns and my house is on fire, you ruined my life  :'())
The police and firemen arrive at about the same time. While the firemen go and put out the fire, the police take your statement. Afterwards, he says: "As per usual you will be assigned a new accomodation by the megacity housing commite, to be assigned to you withing a fortnight."

Look for crime to fight and foreigners to murder.
well, there's no real crime on the news or anything. There's the parts of the megacity that are infested with gangs of various nature, of course. Entire buildings filled with them, but nothing out of the ordinary. As for foreigners, there's a small appartment block for british immigrants awaiting council approval a few streets from where you live.

Change back into my civilian clothes, with no powers.
You do a little pirouette and the frilly magical girl clothes change back into being just a coral bracelet. You are now back in your civilian clothes, and even your hair colour has gone back to normal. It will be pretty hard for anyone to recognize you.

"Yea, still my skills sucks, PoP."
Bob checks if some one wants repayment for his "deeds".
"Poor window... And me i guess"
You ask the shop owner, but he waves you off. "Nah, the council for damages caused by thugs, gangs, criminals and villains will take care of it. No need to worry."

Pick up my baton, throw the unconscious overalls-guy into the trunk of the car and look inside the club.

"HEY BUD, DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO THAT WA- WHAT THE HELL? DID HE JUST SHOOT A GUY HOLDING A CROISSANT AND RUN OFF? I NEED BETTER ALLIES."

"HEY, GUY WITH THE FANCY RING! YES, I CAN SEE YOU OVER THERE, AND YOUR RING! WHO ARE YOU?"

You grab the overalls guy and head back to your truck. Even though the passenger side is completely crushed by a street light, you toss the guy into the trunk. At least you can still drive the car. It's gonna need some serious repairs though. Also, it's going to be a chilly ride, what with not having a front window anymore.

Jim excitedly thinks to himself.  Enough reading!  People are out there who need to be rescued.  I didn't learn the Heimlich maneuver for nothing!

Leave my apartment and walk down the street, searching for anyone who might be choking.  If I find someone. immediately use the Heimlich maneuver on them.
You head outside and furiously look for someone who might be choking. You find a man standing on a soapbox on the corner of the street.

"On lo, the father judges us all! He finds us unworthy! Great P'Legh'Thuin is displeased!"

Yeah, that sounded like he was choking all right! You walk up behind him and grab him around the waist.

"Wha-? What are you doing, unhand me, or P'Legh'Thuin-"

There it is again! You quickly do a heimlich maneuvre.

"Ack! stop that!"

And again. And again. Until finally the bit that's stuck comes out! Unfortunately, it seems his entire lunch was stuck. The man is vomiting profusely on the ground now.

"Excuse me, sir. Are you LaoZi?"

Greet spirit politely. Inquire if he can provide evidence that is really happening, and also if he knows about either of the two books I got.
The old man turns around and looks at you with a kindly expression.

"Was, am, will be. Who is to say?"

"Of course it is, everything is happening everywhere. The great Tao is endless."

"Ah, books. Wonderful things, though you must make sure not to lose yourself in them so much you cannot see what is happening around you. It seems like a book with schematics, yes? And the other filled with names and pictures? I cannot say I've seen them before. Do be careful, some names are best left unspoken."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2015, 03:18:54 pm »

On one hand, gangs are crime and crime is bad, but on the other, the british are EVIL.
Go to the British place, snatch a car an then crash it through the front door.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2015, 03:28:59 pm »

I dont need no sleep. Go to the place where i beat up the bad people last time.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2015, 04:40:44 pm »

Drive back to HQ and tell someone to investigate overalls guy

"DAMN, WANTED TO INSPECT THIS CLUB BUT I'D BEST HEAD BACK TO HQ BEFORE HE WAKES UP. NEXT TIME I'M BRINGING ROPE."

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 19, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »

Can I join?

George is a taxi cab driver who - for some reason - prefers to use words that start with 'S' or 'E'. He's a smoker and frequently smokes in his cab despite the fact it's against the rules. His major vice, however, is his gambling problem. He frequently spends his money on scratch cards, so he always has a few scratched out ones lying around that he uses as a call sign, sometimes with a cigarette butt lying on top.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 19, 2015, 07:29:23 pm »

Go to my apartment building, and look in the mirror.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 12:18:05 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 19, 2015, 09:59:33 pm »

"Would you be willing to advise me? You seem like you were human once, or are, or will be, judging from your appearance, and I hope you would be willing to at least warn me which names not to say, or how to make these contraptions."

Ask.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 19, 2015, 11:39:06 pm »

"You're welcome!  Unlike other medical professionals, I don't charge expensive fees for my services.  Just give me a twenty and we'll be even."

Demand payment for my services.  Healthcare ain't cheap!
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 20, 2015, 10:16:23 am »

"Hey dude wait, wait!! You said HQ!?!"
Jumps into the car. "Take me with u PLEASE!!!"
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 20, 2015, 10:43:47 am »

"SURE THING, RING-BOY. GOT A RADIO STATION YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO? JK, THE RADIO'S BUSTED TOO."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Clearly, the british need to die. Right?
« Reply #281 on: July 20, 2015, 02:13:59 pm »

On one hand, gangs are crime and crime is bad, but on the other, the british are EVIL.
Go to the British place, snatch a car an then crash it through the front door.
It's teatime on a nice sunny day, and the common room of the british building is quite lively with people having a nice conversation over tea and assorted pastries.

"My word, what a lovely day we're having. Wouldn't you say so dear?" Says a woman.
"Yes dear, jolly good." The man we can presume her husband replies with disinterest.
"Richard, really. Must you al-"

She's cut off quite abrubtly when a firetruck comes crashing trough the wall, showering the place with piece of said wall and transforming a lazy afternoon tea into teatime in hell. The woman, pinned down underneath a large piece of wall, looks up and sees the driver get out. The man is bristling with weapons. He takes a look around the carnage and says: "I just dropped in for cup of tea."

"RICHAAARD!"

I dont need no sleep. Go to the place where i beat up the bad people last time.
You start walking back to the dojo where you beat up the three guys. When you round the corner from your (former) appartment, you can hear one of the firemen shout. "Hey Eddie! Where the fuck did our truck go?!"

You arrive at the dojo. Most of the lights are out, though it seems that there's still somebody in the back.

Drive back to HQ and tell someone to investigate overalls guy

"DAMN, WANTED TO INSPECT THIS CLUB BUT I'D BEST HEAD BACK TO HQ BEFORE HE WAKES UP. NEXT TIME I'M BRINGING ROPE."
"Hey dude wait, wait!! You said HQ!?!"
Jumps into the car. "Take me with u PLEASE!!!"
"SURE THING, RING-BOY. GOT A RADIO STATION YOU PREFER TO LISTEN TO? JK, THE RADIO'S BUSTED TOO."

Both of you squeeze into the mostly ruined car. Bob has to sit behind Bob, because the passenger's seat int hef ront is currently occupied by the roof and a large piece of streetlight. Once you return to the HQ, the secretary and a squad of people in swat-like gear are waiting for you. The guards take the overalls guy to a cell and the secretary, the woman who first invited you into the company, hears wwhat happened from you. She also tells you that you're free to take Bob on as a sidekick, until he has proven himself capable of become a hero himself.

Can I join?

George is a taxi cab driver who - for some reason - prefers to use words that start with 'S' or 'E'. He's a smoker and frequently smokes in his cab despite the fact it's against the rules. His major vice, however, is his gambling problem. He frequently spends his money on scratch cards, so he always has a few scratched out ones lying around that he uses as a call sign, sometimes with a cigarette butt lying on top.
Another one? Welcome. Check your pm's.

Go to my apartment building, and look in the mirror.
You head back to your appartment. You glance through your window, it seems there was a fire in the appartment across the street. You take a look in the bathroom mirror. A girl that looks kind of like you, but more tired and disheveled looks back at you.

"Would you be willing to advise me? You seem like you were human once, or are, or will be, judging from your appearance, and I hope you would be willing to at least warn me which names not to say, or how to make these contraptions."

Ask.
"I will help where I am able, yes. I can only give you general info on most of theese names, though. I'm somewhat out of touch with the rest of the beings. As for contraptions, they are simple no? Follow guide, socket A into slot B, haha."

"You're welcome!  Unlike other medical professionals, I don't charge expensive fees for my services.  Just give me a twenty and we'll be even."

Demand payment for my services.  Healthcare ain't cheap!
"You demand payment!? After nearly killing a prophet of P'Le-" He stops himself and takes a quick step back from you "A prophet of the Father?! I suppose I shouldn't expect any better from a heathen swine! You will feel his wrath, all of you will feel his wrath soon enough!"

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 20, 2015, 02:21:18 pm »

Get in there

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2015, 03:38:37 pm »

"MAKE SURE YOU WARN ANY OTHER HEROES YOU HAVE OUT ABOUT A BITCH IN A SPARKLY DRESS WITH A GLOWING STICK AND A DUDE IN A TRENCHCOAT FULL OF GUNS WHO HAVE DECIDED TO PAINT THE TOWN RED."

"OH, AND RING-WRAITH, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT USING THAT THING BETTER, I THINK THE SUPERNATURAL WING IS... THAT WAY?"
Bob points down a random hallway "AND THE 'REFORMED' VILLAIN PLACE, IN CASE YOU WANT TO TALK TO ONE OF THOSE GUYS, IS... SOME OTHER WAY? Bob points down a different hallway "I DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW THE LAYOUT OF THIS PLACE, BUT FEEL FREE TO HIT THE FOOD COURT WHILE I GRAB SOME STUFF FROM THE STOCK ROOMS."

Head to the storage areas, grab some rope, handcuffs, tear gas canisters, and stun grenades, which will surely not backfire in any way.

((If I went the villain route my guy would probably be "the abductor" the way I'm building...))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 20, 2015, 04:30:55 pm »

George lets out a sigh and takes out today's paper. He puts his feet up on the dashboard and returns to his crossword puzzle.

18. Avenges crime. 9 letters.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33