Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Trying a zombie survival text game.ISG (Text doesn't mean illustraited. Stop it)  (Read 13861 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The elevators aren't working.

Head down to the 3rd Story, and find the pool. Is it full? +1
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Oh, didn't see that. That's good, otherwise we'd have to go shut them down.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait a minute, don't we still have the Gundersons and the 4 potheads in 1005 and 1006 on our floor? Shouldn't we secure the whole 10th floor before we go off anywhere else? We know we have probably 6 people to deal with (4 potheads and 2 married old people). After that, we can have the whole 10th floor secure and shut off the doors to the stairwells if we need to. If we don't, then for all we know these other people could undo all the work we've just done by letting in whoever, or they could be zombies and get us somehow.

Secure the rest of the 10th floor starting with the Mr and Mrs Gunderson in Apt 1005 +1
-Do this first because we know about them cause Anya told us. Who knows what's in other places?
-Keep those bottles in mind to fill up with water later, there are a ton of them.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:13:36 pm by femmelf »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

My plan is to seal off the building so no more zombies can get in, and then sweep the building.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, but if that goes south or if there are already zombies in the building then where are we gonna retreat to? Right back here, right? First make this part safe, then the rest of it? Also, by ourselves? We have one other person with us and that's it. We could use some more before trying to seal off the whole building. That, and what if there are other people from the building outside getting supplies or something? How would you feel if we went to the grocery store to get supplies and then we couldn't get back in because somebody sealed off the whole thing while we were gone and we didn't know?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:18:05 pm by femmelf »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

You don't retreat from zombies. There (hopefully) aren't any special zombies in the building, so we should be able to go door-to-door, killing them one by one.

Also, genre savvy tells me the potheads are all zombies.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You don't retreat from zombies.

??? Huh? Yeah, I have no idea what you're talking about. That's pretty much all they do on The Walking Dead, and shows like it. Let's not even talk about World War Z or 28 days later. Then there's all the movies where they hold up against the zombies and retreat to a good defensible position like Dawn of the Dead. Rushing in head first is gonna be a problem if they outnumber us or we get trapped or trip or whatever. I hope you're right but we don't know enough for that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 09:26:17 pm by femmelf »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

I mean against individual, straggler zombies, and in this scenario, that's most likely all we'll have to deal with. It's unlikely we'd run into a horde inside, with only one or two people per room.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

.... That, and what if there are other people from the building outside getting supplies or something? How would you feel if we went to the grocery store to get supplies and then we couldn't get back in because somebody sealed off the whole thing while we were gone and we didn't know?

Did you not see this or do you not care or?

Let's not give people a reason to hate us when it's essentially a time they can get away with murder.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile

Couldn't we just have someone help them climb over the barricade, or something?
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile

Go see if the stoners in 1006 are home and alive or dead or deadish +1
-I say just get it over with
-If they are zombies then just wait for them at their front door and take them out one at a time
-All that stuff about making our floor safe or whatever

It's almost worse if they're not (infected) zombies. You know they're gonna eat all the food and be all pissed when they run outta weed. It isn't like they can buy any more. Plus they outnumber us with four of em. Best part is our apartment is smack dab in the middle of the super drunk in 1001, the stoners in 1006, the stale crime scene in 1002, and the old married couple in 1005. Well played.

If we're using genre savvy, then you know people are gonna die. We don't want it to be us or the Pharmacist so ....

Make a note to fill up all the empty booze bottles with water while we still can. There's 80 of em so we gotta do that before the water shuts off sooner or later.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile

Make a note to fill up all the empty booze bottles with water while we still can. There's 80 of em so we gotta do that before the water shuts off sooner or later.
But how is the disease transferred? For all we know, even indirect oral contact could transfer it.
I do stuff, I guess

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Snail555

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149463.msg6107405#msg6107405
The disease spread rapidly and had 5 known Stages with cumulative symptoms. Stage 1 symptoms include numbness, auditory hallucinations, and metallic taste. Stage 2 symptoms include, seizures, mild intermittent visual hallucinations, delusional thinking. Stage 3 total numbness, black and green patches on skin. Stage 4 symptoms include severe auditory, visual and olfactory, hallucinations, minor tissue necrosis, unresponsive personality, memory loss, deterioration of cognitive functioning, infection becomes contagious via blood injection and bite. Stage 5 symptoms include total memory and personality loss, violent behavior, violent compulsions (biting), decreased agility, ravenous hunger, tissue necrosis, ability to function without apparent major organs being intact (zombification).

Attempts to reason with or restrain the infected without lethal force typically failed, especially in later stages. Civil services and society in general broke down. Government aid is limited to occasional supply airdrops, and is focused mostly upon containment (ineffective long term). No one is able or allowed to leave the large quarantine area centered on the City of Camdin and surrounding areas. No cure is has currently been found, but a suppressant exists to suppress symptoms and delay advancement of the disease to later stages.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Admin matter:

Some more people need to vote please. It's possible we might have a tie and as far as I can tell, we're looking at 3 main options, basically. On phone so please bear with me, reading the last page or so is'nt too terrible anyhow...

1.) go to 3rd floor and find pool to see if it is filled and close off the building. (+2 running vote)

2.) Secure 1005, the Gundersons' (+1 running vote)

3.) Secure 1006 the stoners' (+1 rinning vote)

What should be done in the event of a tie?

Come on guys, it's not hard. You can just copy and past the bold text with the +1 after it of the idea you want from the person who posted it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:32:26 pm by Transcendant »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7