Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: You are Nigel and the Maeshowe Ethics Committee!  (Read 10920 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Nigel and the Maeshowe Ethics Committee, Lyricists Welcome!
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2015, 08:10:16 pm »

Bluster our way into a live radio performance!
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2015, 10:43:37 pm »

Bluster. WITH PASSION!!!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2015, 01:22:16 am »

Bluster. WITH PASSION!!!

Bluster once more, WITH FEELING.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2015, 04:01:16 pm »

”Registry office?”

”Yeah, what the hell dude. Stop being a patriarch, man, we're here to get fam- er be, like, authentic, right?”

”No, dudes, he means the kilts! It's a joke, yeah?”

”You shit! You... you racist bastard! My great-grandaddy went to S- was Scottish, man! YEAH! EM EEE SEEEEEEEEEE FIGHTING THE POWER!”

Without warning Bagpipes Debbie leaps over the reception desk and jumps the poor dude manning it – she whips her bagpipes round from on her back and starts beating him severely. You trod on your mum's cat once, by accident. It kind of comes back to you.

”DON'T WAIT FOR ME, COMRADES! ONWARDS AND UPWARDS! COME BACK FOR ME WHEN YOU'RE FAMOUS!”

”Shit, we gotta go. Quick!”

Before you can make sense of what's going on Quebecca dashes towards the pair of elevators at the end of the entrance hall and pings one open; she gets in, Harun following, and trance-like you follow too. There's a button that seems to say live radio performance and you watch Quebecca's blurry fingers press it. The lift shoots upwards.

You think about passion; you think about feeling; you think about blustering – hell, that part went well so far; you think about how to burst uninvited into a radio studio and just kind of take over with your literal stage presence, you know?

The lift doors slide open and you see before you a door that, again, seems to say live radio performance in a strange light like the xray warning in a mental hospital but you shake off the strange feeling and stride towards it. Harun's in his strange mix of kilt and ethnic Peruvian-Pakistani shirt and headgear, his cricket bat on his shoulder and his tambourine in his other hand; Quebs is happy in her kilt and your shirt, radiating a kind of certainty; you stand flanked by both in your new kilt but topless, empty-handed like Quebecca, the band stripped down to its bare rhythm department, stripped down like standing stones in the wet wind millennia ago, but probably more righteous, more magnetic, less mossy.

Quebs looks at you, and you look very briefly down, unseen biting the inside of your lower lip as you realise you've made a decision. You look her in the eyes and nod.

She steps forward and kicks the door down, and walks into the live radio performance, and waits politely for the current tune to finish. It's some form of modern popular music. You've heard it dozens of times before and actually know who it's by, but you couldn't admit this without several drinks first and even then you'd feel dirty tomorrow.

Harun stands there menacingly with his cricket bat.

”Hi. Um. We're the Maeshowe Ethics Committee – and we've been invited to play you our latest hit single, Standing Stones of Rebellion.”

“Wow,” starts the DJ, “That was some rock and roll entrance, dude – please, tak-”

But he's literally silenced by Quebecca's imposing silence. You can tell by the fire in her eyes that she's totally feeling this. It's radio dynamite.

Harun starts pittering away on the cricket bat, and you know that he's building to a stronger rhythm; he's building to meet a climax in Quebecca's silence, and although you can't quite tell how far ahead it is, you can feel it menacing in the dark ahead, and you know that when they reach that climax you have to join in with something as matchingly powerful. Something that will announce you to the listening hundreds.

But what?

Spoiler: Current Band Status (click to show/hide)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are Nigel and the Maeshowe Ethics Committee, Hit Single Required!
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2015, 05:41:01 pm »

Start out with a low growl, then get even lower. REALLY lower.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 12:02:21 pm »

Lower than any Man or God has ever death growled before! Draw inspiration and power from your unrequited feelings for Quebs! We have those, right? Really, what kind of band doesn't host a capricious muse in the form of interpersonal drama and angst.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 01:05:41 pm »

We will rock the air waves with our unrequited love.
BIRDS.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 01:57:21 pm »

Lower than any Man or God has ever death growled before! Draw inspiration and power from your unrequited feelings for Quebs! We have those, right? Really, what kind of band doesn't host a capricious muse in the form of interpersonal drama and angst.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »

+1
+1

We will rock the air waves with our unrequited love.

This is also good, But let's be Silent about it.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2015, 07:19:18 am »

Pitter.

Patter.

Pitter.

Patter.

It seems to take ages for you to gather your thoughts – drag them up from the deep, perhaps, where all is low.

Pitter, patter.

Pitter, patter.

You’ve never heard such intense cricket bat.

Pitter patter.

Pitter patter.

You’ve never heard such hard, brutal silence.

Pitter patter pitter patter.

This is meant to be about ancient rebellion, but there’s something deeper in your heart.

PITTER PATTER PITTER PATTER.

”IT’S HARD, IT’S HARD, IT’S HARD DAMN WORK BEING MARRIED TO YOU.”

But what’s unrequited love if not about oppression? You start out low, growling like a hundred cigars.

”IT’S HARD. IT’S HARD. IT’S HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD.”

”WITH HATEFUL EYES, WITH HATEFUL EYES, WITH HATEFUL EYYYYYYYYYYYES.”

Quebs is quite lost in the music, her head nodding softly up and down in contrast to Harun’s violent jerks. You wonder if she grasps the meaning of the words, if she hears them at all, which is doubtful. You’re reaching a pitch that probably only whales can hear without some kind of electronic aid.

PITTER PATTER PITTER PATTER.

”I GIVE MY ALL, WE GIVE MY ALL, PAY MY TAXES BUT STILL STANDING TALL.”

You go down another tone or so.

”I’M A STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDING STONE.”

And lower again. You’re getting really lower.

”I’M A STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDING STOOOOOOOH-OOOOOONE.”

You can really feel your kilt vibrate. You’re pretty sure you can feel your bowels vibrate.

”YOU’RE AN ORRRRRRRRRKEYYYYYY BASTARDDDDDD.”

PIT PIT PATTER. PIT PIT PATTER. PITTAPIT PITTAPIT GODDAMN PATTER

You stare at Quebecca’s unseeing head.

”YOU’RE AN ORRRRRRRRRKEYYYYYY BASTARDDDDDD.”

You notice the different shades of brown in her hair.

”ORKNEY BASTARD, ORKNEY BASTARD, ORKNEY BASTARD, I’M GONNA TOPPLE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU.”

PIT PIT PITTER. PIT PIT PITTER. PITTER PITTER PITTER PITTER PITTER PIT PITTER

”GRAWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.”

You grab Harun’s tambourine and give a single triumphant smack on your thigh.

“Wow,” says the DJ, “That’s pretty intense. So, uh, what’s your, you know, what’s your ultimate goal, Maeshowe Ethics Committee?”

Wow! It’s totally your first live radio interview!

Spoiler: Current Band Status (click to show/hide)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2015, 08:32:31 am »

Our Answer: "Dude, What isn't?!?"

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2015, 10:13:55 am »

How did I miss this

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2015, 10:42:19 am »

How did I miss the n in the first two Orkneys more like

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2015, 11:40:11 am »

We stand. FOR EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE!!!

Become blusteringly passionate.
BIRDS.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7