Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70582 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Second vision
« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2015, 05:43:10 am »

Read through the data, and continue looking for bunker groups.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 04, 2015, 11:01:45 am »

Set my engineers on working out designs for self-sufficient underground facilities.

Then check up on land prices in:
A) The Nefud
B) The Sahara
C) Nunavut

Then check if it would be possible to sponsor a "scientific mission" to Antarctica that would involve the construction of a permanent base somewhere deep inland.

Quote from: Carmichael; to: Naish
I've got a team of engineers assembled. Cost a whole lot of cash. I'm prepared to share them once they've figured out some self-sufficient designs. Currently checking out the possibilities for bases. We want deserts, like I said before. Antarctica's a best case scenario.

((I had a reply all typed up and I thought I had it posted here. I wonder where it went. Hopefully not in a completely wrong thread.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:06:18 am by Harry Baldman »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2015, 11:27:15 am »

Message all previous clients.  Tell them that The Scorch is offering a 10% discount for missions involving the destruction or pollution of lakes, rivers, dams, and other freshwater bodies of water.  As The Scorch performs these missions, take samples of the aquatic life and send these samples back to the lab, to be used later .

Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 04, 2015, 02:54:47 pm »

Q4 2015, (2/3)

Read though the pa-per and make several copies before scheduling a conference with execs at NASA.

[1] Contents of the paper goes completely over your head. You spot a lot of familiar words, but primary concepts must be quite revolutionary if you can't understand it. This gets you quite excited and you arrange meeting with NASA. The people in NASA are quite excited as well and are loading great hopes on it. They even make a press announcement about upcoming revolutionary rocket fuel desing they are about to obtain from Icarus Skies.

Board of executives want to know why they haven't been informed about this.

Spoiler: Van Relsing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icarus Skies (click to show/hide)

Take a day of holiday, get around to reading the relevant pages

Quote from: Naish, message to everyone
"So, who here has a plan that they're willing to share with a vaguely untrustworthy buisinesswoman?"

[5] Painstakingly photographing every page with bookmark you start working through and figure out why you were given this book. Every bookmark has different series of numbers on it, different symbol printed on and is different color and shape. It doesn't take long to figure out that numbers on each bookmark refer to certain pieces of text on certain pages. Referred sections are by themselves both nonsensical and very sensible even if taken out of context. You come in conclusion that the whole thing is an encrypted message. It will take some time to fully crack it.

Spoiler: Faheema Naish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dronetics (click to show/hide)

Read through the data, and continue looking for bunker groups.

[4] After focusing on the data on SSD disks, you find out that one of them contains range of confidential jet blueprints by Icarus Skies. Number of them are marked as trade secrets. The other disk contains information about advanced hydroponic farming techniques, exactly as you wished for. It's all quite complex and goes over your head, but at least you know now what you have.

[2] What bunkers?

Spoiler: Sherri Jones (click to show/hide)

Then check up on land prices in:
A) The Nefud
B) The Sahara
C) Nunavut[/b]

Then check if it would be possible to sponsor a "scientific mission" to Antarctica that would involve the construction of a permanent base somewhere deep inland.

Quote from: Carmichael; to: Naish
I've got a team of engineers assembled. Cost a whole lot of cash. I'm prepared to share them once they've figured out some self-sufficient designs. Currently checking out the possibilities for bases. We want deserts, like I said before. Antarctica's a best case scenario.

((I had a reply all typed up and I thought I had it posted here. I wonder where it went. Hopefully not in a completely wrong thread.))

[3][1][4] Nunavut beats the price check by wide margin, being half of the price in the Nefud and one tenth of Sahara.

[1] Permanent underground base on Antarctica is deemed completely unfeasible and inpractical by scientific community. Every source you probe for flat out rejects the idea.

Spoiler: Gilbert Carmichael (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beller Group (click to show/hide)

Message all previous clients.  Tell them that The Scorch is offering a 10% discount for missions involving the destruction or pollution of lakes, rivers, dams, and other freshwater bodies of water.  As The Scorch performs these missions, take samples of the aquatic life and send these samples back to the lab, to be used later .

Clients informed. Results come in next turn.

Your contacts inform you about news that someone is asking around about building "scientific" underground base in Antarctica. Thankfully all the bribes paid by The Scorch ensures that underground Antarctica belongs to The Scorch.

Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Scorch (click to show/hide)

Next turn will conclude Q4 and start Q1 of 2016.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »

Small action: Spend a few evenings seeing how much I can work out by myself about what the contents could be (Size of data within, amount of repeating patterns, etc)
If the answer is "Learn Nothing Meaningful", [bigaction] hire a cryptanalysis team (Give them a $10m budget for the project) and set them to work on the data I've extracted from the book.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 06, 2015, 09:41:21 pm »

schedule a conference with them and apolagize saying I wanted to make sure we would have the proper funding,.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 07, 2015, 02:11:31 am »

Get an estimate for land costs in as northern a part of Nunavut as I can manage while still staying on the continent.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 07, 2015, 02:19:08 am »

Get a team together, to read through the data, and start plans on a bunker in Nunavut.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 07, 2015, 08:49:56 am »

Scan the news for any reports of scientists experimenting on enhancing animal intelligence
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 07, 2015, 01:41:12 pm »

Q4 2015

Bigaction: Put a half-billion of money in form of stocks (drawn slowly and widely-spread) into a front fund, encouraging engineering graduates into work in the robotics industry.
Bigaction: Suggest to Dronetics board of directors that the company should put some PR money into the fund, in order to encourage freshly-trained people to join the field we lead in.
Bigaction: Discretely search for a scientific research group already looking into forcefields, and evaluate how likely said group would be in working for Dronetics/partnership to fund their research.

Small action: Spend a few evenings seeing how much I can work out by myself about what the contents could be (Size of data within, amount of repeating patterns, etc)
If the answer is "Learn Nothing Meaningful", [bigaction] hire a cryptanalysis team (Give them a $10m budget for the project) and set them to work on the data I've extracted from the book.

[1] You draw money for the fund and hire some people managing it. When you check the fund later you find out that money is all granted for various non-enqineering focused schools. After talking with the hirelings you realize that job description was far too vague so you can't even blame them.

[2] Board of directors think that there's enough engineers on the field and encouraging more people joining will only benefit Dronetics' competitors.

[5] Whole forcefield technology is still mostly in science fiction books and only little of actual reasearch is done. Boeing for example has been granted a patent for system that uses electrical arcs to heat air into plasma which will protect object against shockwaves. They probably want to keep it all for themselves, but if you were to provide theoretical proof of better tech not using their patent, they would probably be very interested. As would be most of military forces around the world. And law enforcement. And organized crime.

[3] You make some progress with the book. Color and shape of the bookmarks are key for ordering text fragments, but there's few possible ways for arranging it all. So pertty much nothing meaningful.

[5] Your work ad for cryptoanalysis people attracts number of world's best people. [2+1] They find out that the symbols on bookmarks are extremely obscure modifiers for key ordering. They are delighted by the system and feel like they should be able crack it soon.

Personal financial situation:
Your stock value follows avarage economic raise, increasing their value bit.

Contact the hidden underground laboratory located in Antarctica that The Scorch uses to secretly develop new methods of environmental destruction (Other Assets: 3 Billion dollar value).  Tell the lab team to focus their efforts on the research and development of a rapidly-spreading virus that specifically targets the aquatic life found in saltwater environments, such as the ocean.  This virus should be capable of causing death or total paralysis to infected sea creatures.  If the team succeeds on this project, they should also verify whether this virus is capable of mutating or spreading in such a way so that it can affect non-sea creatures.  It would be preferable if it couldn't, but even if it can, the virus could still be useful.  Invest another Billion dollars into the laboratory to help them succeed on this project.

Contact my highly-paid team of accountants and financial advisers (Other Assets: 3 Million dollar value).  Tell them to begin implementing financial strategies that will increase my quarterly income substantially.  Tell them that it is acceptable if these strategies incur a significant cost three years from now.

(I may add more actions if I have time and can think of anything else to do)
Message all previous clients.  Tell them that The Scorch is offering a 10% discount for missions involving the destruction or pollution of lakes, rivers, dams, and other freshwater bodies of water.  As The Scorch performs these missions, take samples of the aquatic life and send these samples back to the lab, to be used later.
Scan the news for any reports of scientists experimenting on enhancing animal intelligence

[6-1] The Antartica laboratory uses certain variant of swine-flu as a base for their research and succesfully developes a lethal virus. It is very lethal after almost completely symptomless growth period. For a virus it is quite stable and unable to infect mammalian lifeforms, which unfortunately means dolphins and whales won't be infected either.

[3] So far their suggestion is to buy more profitable stocks sell unprofitable ones while they still have value. They also want to know if you find... an alternative sources acceptable.

[1] Your customers turn out to be quite hypocrites. They thank The Scorch for they past services but announce they have experienced an enlightenment and seek more nature friendly means to boost their business. They reveal identity of few of your field operatives to Green Peace who are quite infuriated by existance of your organization. Mentioned operatives are found out later dead in forests. You can expect heavy interference from Green Peace in your future operations.

[4] You find none of such reports. Only thing that is even related is Gen-Sys using apes to test new drugs to improve human immune response.

Your stocks do little better on avarage than others.

Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Scorch (click to show/hide)

Advocate for agricultural advocacy bills.
Get a team together, to read through the data, and start plans on a bunker in Nunavut.

[3] Your support moves few bills forward, but not enough to make big difference. Eh, you have time.

[2] You job as a politician seems to be very demanding. It leaves you too exhausted to do anything after the day is over. All you want is cuddles from your husband, who's happy to provide.

Even your stocks seem to suffer from your lethargy. It's probably unrelated, but value goes down anyway.

Spoiler: Sherri Jones (click to show/hide)

Set my engineers on working out designs for self-sufficient underground facilities.
Get an estimate for land costs in as northern a part of Nunavut as I can manage while still staying on the continent.

[3+2] These guys work out an excellent plan, very detailed and thought out. They employ wide range of existing and proven technologies and leave possibilites for upgrades. Single facility with this design could host 1000 people with option to expand.

[2] That's Boothia Peninsula, isn't it? Well north of arctic circle. Anyway, land over there costs much more than elsewhere within Nunavut. Not the most expensive area, but near damn top anyway. Or do you want actual numbers here? For some reason I do understand piecewise's hate for numbers little...

Apparently you have same stocks as Sherri Jones. Too bad.

Spoiler: Gilbert Carmichael (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beller Group (click to show/hide)

schedule a conference with them and apolagize saying I wanted to make sure we would have the proper funding.

[4] After thinking it over, board of executives agree with your decision. They still would appreciate if you were to keep them up to date.

Now this NASA meeting. [2] It doesn't go well. After their scientists review your papers they are in opinion that it is too theoretical. It needs more work and research than they are willing to put forth. They are already spewing their budget around too much. At least they don't inform press about result of the meeting and media kinda forgets whole thing.

Your stocks suck too. Buy better ones.

NEWS:
Economics:
Economical rise continues slowly on all fields. There's hope that recession ends soon.

Q1 2016

((On side note it appears that SaberToothTiger haven't been online since September.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 07, 2015, 02:05:26 pm »

Good! Get a parcel of land in the Boothia Peninsula and commence building of a right proper bunker as per the design.

Shell out 500 mil for the right people to achieve this feat of construction.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 08, 2015, 05:14:45 pm »

bigaction: Get the team to continue the work with the same budget again, prep a 1m reward for each team member if they crack the code

Small: Look into land values in sahara and the subsaharan. Somewhere hot, dry, and a long way from civilisation
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 09, 2015, 02:13:05 pm »

Purchase stocks in dronetics, set some scientists to research into the fuel and test the designs. Work on improving and designing a new passenger airline r that will be semi based around this new fuel.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 18, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

Q1 2016 (1/3)

Small: Look into land values in sahara and the subsaharan. Somewhere hot, dry, and a long way from civilisation

Land prices in Sahara are ridiculously high. [4] Ignoring Sahara, following areas are best match for your search, and land price isn't horrible either.

• [3] Dashti Margo (Afghanistan). Hot, dry and barely populated. Price is triple of Atacama Desert.
  • [3] Registan Desert (Afghanistan). Lots of sand. Recent draught has driven people out so it should be quite peaceful area.
  • [5] Atacama Desert (Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Argentina). The oldest desert on Earth. And probably the most dry. Various abandonded mines should provide easy starting points for any bunkers. Very cheap.
  • [6] Great Victoria Desert (Australia). Land is dirt cheap here, but only plots for sale are old nuclear testing grounds.

Purchase stocks in dronetics, set some scientists to research into the fuel and test the designs. Work on improving and designing a new passenger airline r that will be semi based around this new fuel.

It would help if you gave me exact number how much money you want to put into stocks. Let's roll for it: [3] Hrm, let's say 10 million $. Got it.

Megggas? Wipeout1024? I still need actions from you.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 18, 2015, 06:02:24 pm »

Try to find a research team to help investigate the data on farming.
Also, read through it myself, and see if I can decipher any of it.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44