Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70585 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Second vision
« Reply #600 on: September 25, 2015, 07:25:43 pm »

"Mr. Escobar?"

"I tink I'll need some quick and easy to use tool to, ah, brainwash? That how you say? Yes, I tink so. Also, a way to communicate with animals!"

(I think he wanted brainwashing technology and animal communication technology)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 26, 2015, 03:42:14 am »

((Probably, but I won't roll it without proper bolded action.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2015, 02:44:21 pm »

((Hmm, SaberToothTiger visited forums last time ten days ago. No point waiting for him longer. We'll handle his wish when he returns.

Update coming tomorrow.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2015, 10:40:05 am »

"All right, I'll send you now back. I would pray good luck for you if it would help, but in the current situation I don't think it will make any difference. Do your best and save as many as possible. Ensure not only survival our species but also our eventual rise. If you need prophecies of business you know who to call."

Mihael waves his hand and then you are back in where you were when he teleported you into his room. As far as you can tell no one has noticed you being away. Objects you wished for are with you.

Preparations

This is how this phase of the game will go:
Since it takes next three IC years for the catastrophe to arrive, every turn will happen over course of three months, following quarterly rhythm of business world. Quarter 1 is from January 1st to March 31th. Q2 is from April 1st to June 30th and so on.

Within three months you can do many things; use your personal resources to ensure survival of human species, make use of your company resources (although Board of Directors may have problems with your plans), play with stock market to increase your income so you'll have more resources to play with. And really whatever you think will help you in this task. Three months is long time, so there's plenty of things you can do simultanously.

I'll do mini-turns when situation calls for it, basically when you want to do something that takes significantly less time than one month. I also hope everyone posts an action for every turn, even if it is just "Twiddling my thumbs and drinking margarita at Bahamas".

You'll notice in your sheets you have something called "Other assets". That's basically everything that is not cold hard cash in bank or stocks. It can be cars, planes, buildings, real estate, art, weapons... Whatever you possibly could have and need. It is kind of quantum goods, so don't hesitate to abuse it.

Interactions between players don't require me parsing your actions. You can freely call to each other, share information, technology, assets, make business deals and whatever. All I want to know is who gives what to whom. Don't hesitate to abuse this either.

Q4 2015

Quote from: Dorsidwarf

Spoiler: Faheema Naish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dronetics (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Harry Baldman

Spoiler: Gilbert Carmichael (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beller Group (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Megggas

Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Scorch (click to show/hide)

Quote from: SaberToothTiger

Spoiler: Rosario Escobar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: JA13 (click to show/hide)

Quote from: spazyak

Spoiler: Van Relsing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icarus skies (click to show/hide)

Quote from: wipeout1024

Spoiler: Sherri Jones (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2015, 10:45:42 am »

Pour 1 billion dollars into hiring a cadre of highly educated engineers and skilled workers for construction purposes.

Check my lands. What'd be a good place to put an underground bunker? I probably have a nice ranch somewhere in the Southern U.S.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2015, 01:15:37 pm »

Try and see if there are any military projects open for bidding, also approach NASA with the designs and information and ask for a grant.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

Mini-action: Buy a new computer and use it to check out the SDD disk contents. Make a few backups too, even if the data is nonsensical
Mini-action: Mark bookmarked corners with felt-tip, and photocopy the bookmarked spreads. Then dedicate a few evenings into reading the marked areas from the original copy.

Bigaction: Put a half-billion of money in form of stocks (drawn slowly and widely-spread) into a front fund, encouraging engineering graduates into work in the robotics industry.
Bigaction: Suggest to Dronetics board of directors that the company should put some PR money into the fund, in order to encourage freshly-trained people to join the field we lead in.
Bigaction: Discretely search for a scientific research group already looking into forcefields, and evaluate how likely said group would be in working for Dronetics/partnership to fund their research.

Quote from: Naish to Carmichael

"In regards to Cube, do you think we should go public or try to keep the actual object a secret as long as possible. I'm asking you because you were generous enough to hand it over.

Addtnly:Suggestion on A-day? Underground or other?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »

Quote from: Carmichael; to: Naish
Don't really care what you do with it as long as I get access to anything good that comes of it. If making it public is needed to make use of it, go ahead and do it. And if you don't want to, that's good too. All I really want is something applicable at the end of the day (or the end of days, as it were).

Hell if I know on what'd be a good idea on defensibility. Private island in the deep Pacific could work, since the fauna's there pretty harmless. Antarctica's got a lack of wildlife, but it'd be a bitch to get land there. Underground bunker is easiest, but I don't know if animal-proofing will be easy on that. Antarctica's the best lead, but getting officials to see things our way will be a lot of work. I'll get back to you later on that.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2015, 06:12:35 pm »

Contact the hidden underground laboratory located in Antarctica that The Scorch uses to secretly develop new methods of environmental destruction (Other Assets: 3 Billion dollar value).  Tell the lab team to focus their efforts on the research and development of a rapidly-spreading virus that specifically targets the aquatic life found in saltwater environments, such as the ocean.  This virus should be capable of causing death or total paralysis to infected sea creatures.  If the team succeeds on this project, they should also verify whether this virus is capable of mutating or spreading in such a way so that it can affect non-sea creatures.  It would be preferable if it couldn't, but even if it can, the virus could still be useful.  Invest another Billion dollars into the laboratory to help them succeed on this project.

Contact my highly-paid team of accountants and financial advisers (Other Assets: 3 Million dollar value).  Tell them to begin implementing financial strategies that will increase my quarterly income substantially.  Tell them that it is acceptable if these strategies incur a significant cost three years from now.

(I may add more actions if I have time and can think of anything else to do)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2015, 06:12:49 pm »

Get computers, to read the SSD Drives.
Tell my immediate family, about what will happen.
Also, try to secretly search for bunker research groups, to help with building them.
Advocate for agricultural advocacy bills.

Quote from:  from Jones; to : Carmichael and Naish
Well, it's easier for both of you to keep it on the down-low, but for me, it's hard for me to do that in secret. Even if I try to help just fund projects, I'm fairly sure someone will find out.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 02, 2015, 11:17:04 am »

Q4 2015, (1/3)
((That means I do only two smaller updates per quarter before finishing the quarter.))

Pour 1 billion dollars into hiring a cadre of highly educated engineers and skilled workers for construction purposes.

Check my lands. What'd be a good place to put an underground bunker? I probably have a nice ranch somewhere in the Southern U.S.

[auto 6] You hire extremely good engineers and construction workers who have lots of experience in various mega projects. In fact they were in middle megaconstruction project in Saudi-Arabia when you hired them with extremely good contract. Their upkeep costs you 5 million per quarter and they have tendecy to overcomplicate things a bit too much.

[4] Your ranch covers rather large area, including bits of nearby mountain range. What consists of good place for a bunker depends much of its intended purpose and requirements. For example a bunker capable of withstanding a direct nuclear strike would better be deep under mountain. Want radiation protection? Probably under lake.

Spoiler: Gilbert Carmichael (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beller Group (click to show/hide)

Try and see if there are any military projects open for bidding, also approach NASA with the designs and information and ask for a grant.

[5] Air Force is kickstarting a project for new class of stealth planes. They plan to develope fighters, bombers and small transporters. Bidding isn't open yet, but thanks to your leak your company can tailor an offer to match their requirements.

[4] NASA (and I) is curious and want more details about your desings before making any final decisions.

Spoiler: Van Relsing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icarus skies (click to show/hide)

Mini-action: Buy a new computer and use it to check out the SDD disk contents. Make a few backups too, even if the data is nonsensical
Mini-action: Mark bookmarked corners with felt-tip, and photocopy the bookmarked spreads. Then dedicate a few evenings into reading the marked areas from the original copy.

[5] Acquiring a new computer is extremely easy. All you need to do is to hint your secretary that new PC would be usefull and a hour later you have newest model in your posession.

According the documents found in first SSD disk it belongs to some unimportant medical research company. And the disk contains all data about their study of effective treatments against parasites. You are not focused much on biological field, but this seems quite comprehensive study.

[2] Your job suddenly takes all your time and endurance so you don't have time nor strength to solve the book.

Spoiler: Faheema Naish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dronetics (click to show/hide)

Assume orders given. Results come later.

Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Scorch (click to show/hide)

Get computers, to read the SSD Drives.
Tell my immediate family, about what will happen.
Also, try to secretly search for bunker research groups, to help with building them.

[3] Boths SSD disks definitely contains blueprints of some sort of machinery, but campaining takes to much effort to delve deeper into details.

[5] Your family takes news suprisingly easily and promise to support you through coming times. That's what family is for!

[2] You forget the whole bunker thing while campaining hard.

Spoiler: Sherri Jones (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:37:35 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2015, 03:10:50 pm »

(I said the financial team was 3 million dollars value, not 3 billion.  If I can't go that low, then have their value be 1 billion, please.)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 02, 2015, 03:38:04 pm »

(I said the financial team was 3 million dollars value, not 3 billion.  If I can't go that low, then have their value be 1 billion, please.)

Oops. Fixed. Sorry.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 03, 2015, 09:39:12 pm »

Read though the pa-per and make several copies before scheduling a conference with execs at NASA.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 04, 2015, 05:41:12 am »

Take a day of holiday, get around to reading the relevant pages

Quote from: Naish, message to everyone
"So, who here has a plan that they're willing to share with a vaguely untrustworthy buisinesswoman?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44