Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70607 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Second vision
« Reply #585 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:47 am »

Wish one: a mathematical reduction of sentience understandable for human scientists becomes available.
Wish two: technology that permits the creation and manipulation of force fields, that is, defensive barriers that serve against physical intrusion.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: September 22, 2015, 02:02:53 pm »

Wish one. A medicine is developed to stop all medicine resistant microbes and such
Wish two. A cheap and efficient rocket fuel is developed.

Be careful. kerosene is a cheap and efficient rocket fuel, as far as rocket fuels go.
yes but it requires an outside soure of oxygen, some chemical reactions can produce their own oxygen to burn., though by all means perhaps a better, more efficient, and safe form of a plasma engine. Yes, that will be my second wish
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: September 23, 2015, 01:25:45 pm »

Touch the sphere and make the following wishes

1. Wish that all sapient animals be capable of feeling the entire range of emotions including deep grief, terror, and despair.   
2. Wish that all sapient animals feel the strong urge to mourn their dead, this urge to grieve surpassing even humanity's.

[6][6] The sphere disappears from your sight, but you can still see light it generates reflecting from the table.

Request one: A way to remove all bodily parasites from someone reliably

Request two: A power source with an efficiency similar to nuclear fusion, but still viable at smaller scales.

[5][6][5][1] The sphere splits into two. One half reforms into unmarked SDD drive. The other half reforms into a book. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. You see number of bookmarks of different colors and shapes.

Wish one. A medicine is developed to stop all medicine resistant microbes and such
Wish two. A cheap and efficient rocket fuel is developed.

[2][4][3][3] In your eyes the sphere shrinks into half of its original size. And then it takes form of a pile of paper. Topmost paper reads "Study on developing more efficient rocket fuels."

1., sturdy bunker building technology, as well as 
2.advanced hydroponic farming techniques."

[1][5][5][5] Unmarked SSD drive. And another.

Wish one: a mathematical reduction of sentience understandable for human scientists becomes available.
Wish two: technology that permits the creation and manipulation of force fields, that is, defensive barriers that serve against physical intrusion.

[2][4][6][1] The sphere shrinks before transforming into a clear glass cube. It seems to distort light in fantastical manner, creating psychedelic dance of rainbows on surfaces around.

"Mr. Escobar?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: September 23, 2015, 02:43:12 pm »

Check to see if there are any computers, and connect one SSD drive into the computer.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 23, 2015, 02:58:51 pm »

nothing, help look for computers
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 23, 2015, 04:14:08 pm »

"Good enough, probably. Somebody might wanna retrieve that thing. Naish, you can have it. Might come in handy."

That's that, then!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: September 24, 2015, 11:07:08 am »

Check to see if there are any computers, and connect one SSD drive into the computer.
nothing, help look for computers

You find none in this room.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 24, 2015, 11:29:34 am »

Ask the Oracle what I am meant to do with this.
"Mr. Oracle, or Andersson, what am I supposed to do with this drive, when there are no computers here?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 24, 2015, 11:48:09 am »

Ask the Oracle what I am meant to do with this.
"Mr. Oracle, or Andersson, what am I supposed to do with this drive, when there are no computers here?"

"I'm not a computer person, so I don't really know. Well, I could send you back to your home where you can examine it at peace, perhaps with assistance of your own trusted people."
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 24, 2015, 11:54:52 am »

"Are we allowed to tell people about this?" You know, that the world's ending, and such."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 24, 2015, 12:07:41 pm »

"Are we allowed to tell people about this?" You know, that the world's ending, and such."

"I'm will not tell you what to do and neither will they. If you think it is best course of action then feel free to do so."
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 24, 2015, 12:51:50 pm »

Naish looks mildly amused.
"I'd just like to say, Sherri, that saying "Aliens told me the animals would rise up against us" is more or less the fastest way to lose your reputation as a politician there is."

"Good enough, probably. Somebody might wanna retrieve that thing. Naish, you can have it. Might come in handy."

"I assume you mean this, Carmichael?" Naish says, reaching slowly out across the table for the shimmering cube.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 24, 2015, 12:55:32 pm »

"I assume you mean this, Carmichael?" Naish says, reaching slowly out across the table for the shimmering cube.

"Yeah, but better be careful. I don't like the look of that thing. You seem like you ought to have an R&D team that'd make good use of it, unlike me."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 24, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »

"I know, but how do I prepare in private? As a politician, there's a lot I ca't hide from the public. I'll only tell people I trust, such as my husband, because I'm going to need a team to help me with this. However, we all could be that team."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:37 pm »

I think some research deals with NASA and ESA should do fittingly, I believe that the technological off shoots of this and that rockets will do good as a last resort. Imagine it, colony ships sent out with as many people as possible to go and colonies near by solar systems.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44