Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70639 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Second vision
« Reply #540 on: September 11, 2015, 08:13:18 am »

My original idea didn't work, so have my second choice, if there happens to still be room.

Name: Gilbert Carmichael
Sex: Male
Role: CEO
Description of Power: Mr. Carmichael is one of the founders and owners of Jackson McGill, an already rather powerful company based in Tucson, Arizona, now (after a particularly byzantine series of mergers and buyouts) the CEO and Chairman of the Beller Group, the heart of the tobacco and spirits industries in America as well as the world, famed for its almost shockingly vile, shameless and overly competent legal department as well as highly extensive lobbying.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:16:53 am by Harry Baldman »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 11, 2015, 08:20:16 am »

"I say nuclear war!"

as do I
Well, it's not like I can block a decision right now, so, I do.

You can, it is 3 vs 1 for nukes with your vote. And Dorsidwarf can tip the balance into entirely new direction.

Well, I don't want disease either, so I'd rather go with nukes.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 11, 2015, 11:11:00 am »

Spoiler: Faheema Naish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gilbert Carmichael (click to show/hide)

I think six players will do for now.

"Buisinessmen all, I have a serious thought to consider when selecting nuclear armageddon. Namely, that it might not be lethal enough.That's right, not lethal enough. Why? Because the world has been preparing against a nuclear war for decades already. Deep bunkers are scattered across the lands, masses of shipping are well away from any form of detonation, and a great number of the world's countries would be unaffected entirely.

Which begs the question - if we choose that option, how will these beings ramp up the destruction to kill, without any intervention from us, all of humanity?

"That even I cannot tell. Though I can come up with few possibilites, for example increasing power of nukes, increasing their number, altering missile paths, introducing faults into protective systems..."

"So far I hear three votes for nuclear war, one for disease and two undecided. Mr. Carmichael, we have not heard your opinion yet."

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:48 am »

Mr. Carmichael appears to have been reading something on his tablet, apparently not paying attention to the others. He snaps toward the others in the room.

"What? Nukes? You nutty fucks."

He shakes his head.

"It's like Naish said, nukes applied properly mean airbursts, destroyed cities, minimal fallout and collapse of urbanized, centralized society. For a while, anyway. It's not the kind of thing only thousands of people in the entire goddamn world would survive, this'd leave billions alive."

He nods slowly.

"So you'd guess these fucking space demons would ratchet up the lethality a whole fucking lot. Think a Mad Max kinda situation, except everywhere. That ain't gonna go over too well. You hear those estimates from way the fuck back where we had enough nukes to destroy the Earth fifty million times over? You can expect these assholes would apply that a little literally if we let 'em."

"Nah, we need a different plan. Disease is a good start, but not selective enough. We need something that'll fuck over everyone but us. How about a Quiet Earth scenario? Only people who exist after the event are people who are on the edge of death at a certain moment, the rest just poof out of existence. Unpredictable, challenging, with a lot of room for improvisation."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 11:29:33 am by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 11, 2015, 02:02:22 pm »

Mr. Carmichael appears to have been reading something on his tablet, apparently not paying attention to the others. He snaps toward the others in the room.

"What? Nukes? You nutty fucks."

He shakes his head.

"It's like Naish said, nukes applied properly mean airbursts, destroyed cities, minimal fallout and collapse of urbanized, centralized society. For a while, anyway. It's not the kind of thing only thousands of people in the entire goddamn world would survive, this'd leave billions alive."

He nods slowly.

"So you'd guess these fucking space demons would ratchet up the lethality a whole fucking lot. Think a Mad Max kinda situation, except everywhere. That ain't gonna go over too well. You hear those estimates from way the fuck back where we had enough nukes to destroy the Earth fifty million times over? You can expect these assholes would apply that a little literally if we let 'em."

"Nah, we need a different plan. Disease is a good start, but not selective enough. We need something that'll fuck over everyone but us. How about a Quiet Earth scenario? Only people who exist after the event are people who are on the edge of death at a certain moment, the rest just poof out of existence. Unpredictable, challenging, with a lot of room for improvisation."

Wouldn't the silent earth scenario take us out with them? or should I set up a death trap, I think a falling plane with enough supplies to keep only a small portion on board alive. enough Scenarios like this....
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 11, 2015, 02:36:05 pm »

Wouldn't the silent earth scenario take us out with them? or should I set up a death trap, I think a falling plane with enough supplies to keep only a small portion on board alive. enough Scenarios like this....

"Nah, I mean physiologically on the edge of death. On the very edge of death, balanced just right. Haven't you seen the movie? Maybe your heart's stopped, but your brain's on its last five minutes of air. Maybe you took 87 sleeping pills. That kind of thing. It's risky, but it's not gonna turn the Earth into a radioactive fucking wasteland and isn't a global demon plague, so it's got that going for it."

"But that doesn't have to be it, either. Maybe suddenly all the animals of the Earth become sapient and murderous. Or hell, maybe there's just a year without sunlight. Just hold the fucking nukes, will you?"

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 11, 2015, 02:45:30 pm »

"Nah, I mean physiologically on the edge of death. On the very edge of death, balanced just right. Haven't you seen the movie? Maybe your heart's stopped, but your brain's on its last five minutes of air. Maybe you took 87 sleeping pills. That kind of thing. It's risky, but it's not gonna turn the Earth into a radioactive fucking wasteland and isn't a global demon plague, so it's got that going for it."

"But that doesn't have to be it, either. Maybe suddenly all the animals of the Earth become sapient and murderous. Or hell, maybe there's just a year without sunlight. Just hold the fucking nukes, will you?"

The animal one sounds fun.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 11, 2015, 05:00:41 pm »

I agree. I change my vote to all animals becoming murderous and violent.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 11, 2015, 05:43:31 pm »

"However, how will we rebuild the world after the end? Also, how will we make sure we survive. Oracle, do you know exactly the apocalypse will happen?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 11, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

The thing is, without our intervention, humanity will be annihilated to the man, apparently. So if we picked animals going bezerk, is it not a situation which would be largely survived? Barring, say, internal parasites migrating to the brain, of course. Conventional assaults like that could very well be won even if we personally sat through it - so our malefactors would ramp it up. They'd do something like, make every bacteria necrotic, or maybe make all dogs bulletproof and able to burrow through concrete.

In short, ladies and gentlemen, in order to figure out how to save humanity, we must think of ways of guaranteed-ly destroying it.

My personal vote is on a self-propelling Dyson Engine. Tectonic upheaval, hypercanes, extreme tides, followed by the world quite literally spinning so fast that the ground decides it's gonna be a satellite and goes to hang out with the moon. Big, showy, tidy, and guaranteed to send our bunch of wet flops to kingdom come.

Unless, of course, we step in. I certainly plan to."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 11, 2015, 06:31:37 pm »

"However, how will we rebuild the world after the end? Also, how will we make sure we survive. Oracle, do you know exactly the apocalypse will happen?

"Yes, 1st of October 2018 is the date. There may be a build up period depending of the chosen scenario. For example in my last vision weather started to get weird half year before the date."
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:00:30 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 11, 2015, 07:28:17 pm »

The thing is, without our intervention, humanity will be annihilated to the man, apparently. So if we picked animals going bezerk, is it not a situation which would be largely survived? Barring, say, internal parasites migrating to the brain, of course. Conventional assaults like that could very well be won even if we personally sat through it - so our malefactors would ramp it up. They'd do something like, make every bacteria necrotic, or maybe make all dogs bulletproof and able to burrow through concrete.

In short, ladies and gentlemen, in order to figure out how to save humanity, we must think of ways of guaranteed-ly destroying it.

My personal vote is on a self-propelling Dyson Engine. Tectonic upheaval, hypercanes, extreme tides, followed by the world quite literally spinning so fast that the ground decides it's gonna be a satellite and goes to hang out with the moon. Big, showy, tidy, and guaranteed to send our bunch of wet flops to kingdom come.

After hearing Faheema's statement, Sherri is shocked by this statement. She slaps her hands on the table, and starts to say:
"B**ch please. How would we even fix that. Oh dear lord, maybe we should start talking about solutions. Besides, even if your plan works, we are still against a giant world-destroying gizmo. I'm fairly sure who-thewhatsit is there, they're still gonna ramp it up. Maybe we could try for an asteroid."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:40:19 pm by wipeout1024 »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 12, 2015, 04:01:36 am »

After hearing Faheema's statement, Sherri is shocked by this statement. She slaps her hands on the table, and starts to say:
"B**ch please. How would we even fix that. Oh dear lord, maybe we should start talking about solutions. Besides, even if your plan works, we are still against a giant world-destroying gizmo. I'm fairly sure who-thewhatsit is there, they're still gonna ramp it up. Maybe we could try for an asteroid."

"Any asteroid impact big enough to guarantee the death of all humanity - that was the critera, Oracle, was it not? - would in all likeliness liquefy the crust and throw most of it and the mantle into space. This is a process also known as "The formation of our moon" - and would probably be even less survivable for humanity, since the crust would be kept from resolidifying for, oh, a few hundred million years due to the constant bombardment from bits of, say, Tokyo. That's a long time for a bunch of refugees to sit in a spaceship dodging meteors the size of Cyprus."

Faheema leans back in her chair.
"In any case, I don't think we need to get that serious just yet. I'm sure," she says, glancing around the room with an uninterested eye, "That one of these pillars of humanity can come up with a way to annihilate the human race without actually exploding the planetary crust."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 12, 2015, 04:18:45 am »

"Nukes are da bomb, you no. We would go to space, and while Earth KABOOM, we live!"
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:18 am »

The thing is, without our intervention, humanity will be annihilated to the man, apparently. So if we picked animals going bezerk, is it not a situation which would be largely survived? Barring, say, internal parasites migrating to the brain, of course. Conventional assaults like that could very well be won even if we personally sat through it - so our malefactors would ramp it up. They'd do something like, make every bacteria necrotic, or maybe make all dogs bulletproof and able to burrow through concrete."

"Berserk and sapient, mind you. Maybe even hyperintelligent. Acting in concert, then and forever."

"I'd like if we didn't fuck the planet as well as the people on it, thanks. And how the hell is any of that in any way 'tidy'? It'd make an enormous fucking mess."

"Nukes are da bomb, you no. We would go to space, and while Earth KABOOM, we live!"

"Has anybody ever said that you are a genius beyond your time?" Mr. Carmichael mentions, shaking his head.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44