Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70670 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts. [5/?]
« Reply #330 on: June 22, 2015, 05:32:17 pm »

"You're right. Also, I'm totally expendable. All I do is shoot things, and make those awesome seaweed tacos we have very Friday. Thus, I think my power is sort of a, uh, hallucinatory concept. Or whatever.

Oh yeah, and we're having seaweed tacos again this Friday. And...fish. If you were wondering."

"Huh?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 22, 2015, 05:49:15 pm »

"Huh?"

"What, huh? This is how I deal with the stress. I talk. I talk. I talk, talk, talk. I never stop talking. If I stop talking I have to start thinking about...well, shit, everything. About how everybody, everybody is dead. Everybody I ever knew, or loved, or hated. My mom? Dead. My brothers? Dead. The girl I dated in high school? Dead. Both of my ex's? Dead! They probably drowned together, too, I guess that's nice...at least I never had any children...yeah, but that jerk radio DJ who swiped my car?-I had him in small claims court, and the world ended before I heard the verdict! Everybody's dead! All dead and rotting at the bottom of the sea. Why? Nobody knows. This whole thing doesn't make any sense. Water just fell from the sky for no reason, washed away my whole life-here I am on the last boat in the whole world, guarding a bunch of pencil necks from the water demons, or whatever the Hell it turns out to be. Hah, my story-it's not unique, you think?

Very funny, the whole thing. I try to laugh. You know, I wish someone had saved peanuts. Just a pack. No one thought to bring any, though. They take too much water to grow. I love peanuts. I'll never taste another peanut in my life. Or hear a violin, for that matter. Or see a baseball game. Keeps me up at night, yeah.

...See, that's why it's better not to think. Much better. I'm cool, though. Expendable. Look, they never even bothered to personalize my nametag. Says I'm 'Dick Mackintosh'. Really driving the point home, huh!"

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 22, 2015, 05:54:34 pm »

use my people and comedy skill to help/distract Dick Mackintosh
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 22, 2015, 05:55:41 pm »

"My name is NOT DICK MACKINTOSH!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:42 pm »

//Aboard Endeavour.

"That's... bizarre. Thanks for the heads-up, ISS. Endeavour over and out."

Get in contact with the other ships, try to figure out where we are in relation to each other.

• Endeavour and Constantinople are relatively intact -- whichever is nearest to New Horizon should move to assist them in repairs after finishing their current business.
  • If Genesis or Voyager continue having difficulties with their reactors, ask them if they'd like to have engineers and technicians with the most relevant knowledge to help them work out the problem over radio/if they need another ship to aid them.
  • Share the information about the inconsistent depths. Tell them to let people know that, because of that and the onboard equipment, it might  be practical to build artificial islands if fairly level subsurface places can be located near the surface.

Also, ask someone to take samples of the "ocean" water, to test the salinity &c.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 22, 2015, 05:58:52 pm »

"My bad. Sorry, i don't really know you. Who are you? I am Sean."
Would smile nervously and his eye would twitch
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 22, 2015, 06:04:49 pm »

"Arvin Carver."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 22, 2015, 06:08:12 pm »

"Arvin Carver."
"sorry, So sorry. The world really has gone to shit. Best not to dwell on it. We are the future we must stand strong, remember the fallacies of the past and teach them to the future. Stand strong men, stand strong. We, Humanity, may not yet be doomed.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 22, 2015, 06:12:34 pm »

"Uh, sure. That's really inspiring. Do you have any peanuts? No? I didn't think so!

Good effort, though. Thanks for trying to cheer me up. You're my new best friend."
Arvin says, unblinking.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 22, 2015, 06:21:28 pm »

"Sorry, I would've done better but we are currently busy."
Would chuckle a bit before continuing with the task at hand.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 22, 2015, 07:44:58 pm »

Turn on head gear, and proceed to entrance number 4, along with the others.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:21 pm »

((OOC: Am I Dick Mackingtosh #2?

Also, I'm getting XCOM TFTD flashbacks...Zarquids hiding in closets...reaction fire...unable to avoid...))

((Oopsie... Wonders of hasty copypaste 8) ))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 23, 2015, 08:25:43 am »

Also, I'm getting XCOM TFTD flashbacks...Zarquids hiding in closets...reaction fire...unable to avoid...))

((Oopsie... Wonders of hasty copypaste 8) ))

((Don't worry, it's canon now))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 23, 2015, 12:03:36 pm »

Endeavour

//Aboard Endeavour.

"That's... bizarre. Thanks for the heads-up, ISS. Endeavour over and out."

Get in contact with the other ships, try to figure out where we are in relation to each other.

• Endeavour and Constantinople are relatively intact -- whichever is nearest to New Horizon should move to assist them in repairs after finishing their current business.
  • If Genesis or Voyager continue having difficulties with their reactors, ask them if they'd like to have engineers and technicians with the most relevant knowledge to help them work out the problem over radio/if they need another ship to aid them.
  • Share the information about the inconsistent depths. Tell them to let people know that, because of that and the onboard equipment, it might  be practical to build artificial islands if fairly level subsurface places can be located near the surface.

Also, ask someone to take samples of the "ocean" water, to test the salinity &c.

Endeavour -  Near Cairo
Ararat - France(?)
Constantinople -  Mexico City
Genesis -  Here
New Horizon - North Western Africa Coast
Voyager - Pacific

Closest ship to New Horizon is us, Endeavour, and we are not moving soon. Unless you want to ditch those guys on salvage mission?

Ask them again when morning comes. They are on opposite side of globe and enjoying their sleep. They got engineers working on it now that weather is finally good, but they have no blueprints of the system so progress is slow.

Info shared.

Artificial islands? I'm thinking you are slightly overestimating our capacity here. Possible? Yes. Practical? No. It's gonna take coordinated efforts of all ships and resources we don't have, unless you are willing to scrap few ships into raw materials and even that won't help much. Korir's Doom Fateful Pit has mining equipment and people who can handle mining part. Assuming they are still alive. There haven't been any contact with them for few weeks.

Derelict ship

Turn on head gear and go to 4 and open door.
"lets search the closest rooms before going any farther up. If we are to split up, then split into groups of two.
"...Well, I'll lead the way, fellas. Just stay behind me, and if anything jumps out as us I'll...give it a good stern talking to.

...also, I wonder why I'm the only guy with a gun..."

Action: Check out entrance number #4. Don't enter yet.

"...Well, I'll lead the way, fellas. Just stay behind me, and if anything jumps out as us I'll...give it a good stern talking to.

...also, I wonder why I'm the only guy with a gun..."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. You're the guy with the gun, after all, so you dictate the rules by default," Dick says,

To entrance #4! Stand a slight distance away from the others, though, just in case there's a monster behind it.
Turn on head gear, and proceed to entrance number 4, along with the others.

Arvin brevely wades through water Sean and Eirika in his wake, Dick staying a little further away letting others be the bait and sacrifice for inevitable sea monsters that certainly have made their nest here.

The door #4 is fully open, as are all other doors they can see outside, and inside as well. This lets you see straight to other side of the ship through the hallway.

Sean's and Eirika's headlights confirm that this deck is flooded, water is up to knee high inside, just like it is on outside. Number of empty door frames are visible and slight iridescent reflection of sky from other side indicates presence of oil or fuel. Meaning lower decks are flooded as well...

use my people and comedy skill to help/distract Dick Mackintosh

[2+1]
"Uh, yes it is. Says so in the name tag. Don't such a dick."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 23, 2015, 12:06:45 pm »

Open up room A and search through it.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 44