Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70731 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Needs more players
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2015, 01:41:38 pm »

Would walk up onto the deck to look at the ship in the distance.
" I would like to go over. I think i could repair any damages to it easily"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:17:23 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2015, 02:01:52 pm »

Herwald glances around the bridge, "Ladies, gentlemen? We may have something of a lucky break here. Intercom, shipwide please."

%This is the Captain speaking. We've come alongside a large cargo ship, still barely afloat. I'm looking for volunteers to take small boats across and board it, find out whether any of the cargo or even the ship itself might be salvaged. I shouldn't have to tell you how much the extra living space would improve conditions for us. Anyone interested should be at the launch deck in fifteen minutes.%

"I'll head down and see what we're looking at for the boarding party. XO, you have the conn. Keep trying to raise the Ararat, let's hold out hope that they just have damage to their comms."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2015, 02:09:22 pm »

Arvin had a habit-he would generally be five minutes early to a meeting if he needed to be there, five minutes late if they needed him to be there.

He waltzed onto deck exactly on time, clad in his body armor, fully kitted out. It was a habit he needed to break, anyway.

"...So, what's up today, fellas? Sea Pirates? Aquatic Aliens? Water Zombies?" He said, probably tempting fate way too much.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2015, 06:30:24 pm »

Eireka walked onto the deck, nervous but determined.

"Sir, I am ready to board the ship."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2015, 05:04:22 am »

Dick Mackintosh is on time, as he often tends to be.

"Nuclear engineer Mackintosh volunteering for the salvage team, sir. In case of any radioactive material on board I ought to be a good help. Do we get any protective equipment?" he introduces himself, taking the initiative as always.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2015, 02:30:00 pm »

"It's only a freighter, Mr. Mackintosh, not one of ours, he smiles, "That said, we did stock geiger counters, and you're welcome to take one along if you wish."

Herwald pauses, glances around, and raises his voice slightly, "For those of you already here, the situation is this: we've spotted a cargo ship sitting low in the water. If I had to hazard a guess her hull's more or less intact and the flooding is from the rain. We haven't had any response on the radio, which is why you're here. Anyone willing to do so will go out in teams on some of our smallcraft and board her, taking along a couple of the Endeavour's portable electric pumps."

He pauses to clear his throat, "Obviously your first priority is to search for survivors. Apart from that, we need to determine if the ship can be safely salvaged -- goodness knows we could all use more living space. Failing that, we'll try to recover any useful cargo. This is an unexpected opportunity, people, and one we're not likely to see again. That said, if conditions on the freighter are too dangerous, don't risk yourselves. Any questions?"

3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2015, 02:37:55 pm »

"Any idea on her nationality or class? Is she military, or civilian? I'm just wondering.

Beanbag rounds, or bullets? English, or Spanish? Former Canadian Heiress's looking for the last men in the world, or Former Chinese Special Forces looking to rebuild the communist utopia?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2015, 02:40:19 pm »

"Any idea on her nationality or class? Is she military, or civilian? I'm just wondering.

Beanbag rounds, or bullets? English, or Spanish? Former Canadian Heiress's looking for the last men in the world, or Former Chinese Special Forces looking to rebuild the communist utopia?"

probably a shipping vessel that got stuck here. Could contain food and such. We best bring guns just in case. I think rubber bullets.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2015, 02:45:33 pm »

"As long as we're facing rubber enemies, right? Hah. Funny.

...Anyway, I'm done jawing-ready to go."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2015, 02:52:05 pm »

me too, perhaps we should bring life jackets....just in case
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 20, 2015, 04:51:46 pm »

Was the derelict ship flying any colors?

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 20, 2015, 07:35:56 pm »

me too, perhaps we should bring life jackets....just in case
"I agree, there may be raiders onboard the ship, but that is somewhat unlikely. Anyways, best to be prepared."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 20, 2015, 09:00:26 pm »

Herwald quirks an eyebrow, "Raiders? I daresay you've watched too many action movies," he chuckles, "Now then, best of luck. I'll be on the bridge monitoring your progress and trying to get in contact with other survivors."

Back to ye bridge.

• Comms: Try to get in contact with the astro/cosmonauts aboard the ISS.

3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 21, 2015, 09:18:15 am »

We have a "kill electric devices connected to the grid" weather here, so I'm not very inclined to put my PC in risk. As such I don't have access to my materials so I'm doing this turn from memory with my crappy tablet.

Was the derelict ship flying any colors?

If it ever had a flag it was lost during the flood. Any name it has painted on is also below surface, making it impossible to see.

Herwald quirks an eyebrow, "Raiders? I daresay you've watched too many action movies," he chuckles, "Now then, best of luck. I'll be on the bridge monitoring your progress and trying to get in contact with other survivors."

Back to ye bridge.

• Comms: Try to get in contact with the astro/cosmonauts aboard the ISS.
This old man pushes responsibility and danger to younger folks and escapes back to the bridge.

Connection established. What do you want?

Equipment for salvage crew:
Life jackets naturally, goes without question.
Since large part of the ship is below surface and flooded (namely cargo section and engine section), diving equipment is provided. And a quick lesson how to use it.
Electric pumps are not gonna do anything until you can ensure that no water floods back in, but captain said you get some, so you get some.

Now then, Endeavour and the derelict ship are 100 meters apart and you can see it is almost as long as Endeavour is, 250 meters. Apparently hatch to fifth cargo compartent (the one on bow, farthest from crew compartment) is open for some reason.

Cargo doors on launch deck open and crane operators lift a small boat out and into water behind Endeavour. If you want bring anything else with you, go quickly pick it up and descend onto the boat.
Then decide point of entry: The open cargo hatch in bow, or crew compartment in stern.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts. [5/8]
« Reply #314 on: June 21, 2015, 09:27:46 am »

"Gimme a welder and some scrap metal and I may be able to patch up some holes"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44