Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70817 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2015, 09:38:35 am »

• Continue ongoing projects, including integration of new research and systems into the ship designs.
  • Hold off on the shipboard reactor choice for one quarter, will re-evaluate once I see how much progress has been made by the U.S. company on their design.
  • Search for new engineers for desalinization plants, consult legal staff re: potential proceedings against the theft.
  • Conduct an audit of the mining branch, find that missing money.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2015, 12:09:31 pm »

It has been two weeks since last update and only two players have posted action. Is this lack of activity result of lack of interest or simply forgetfulness? I'm growing rather worried about future of this game if I have to send reminder PMs in order to get every turn done.

So, Harry and wipeout: are you still with us?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2015, 12:21:32 pm »

It has been two weeks since last update and only two players have posted action. Is this lack of activity result of lack of interest or simply forgetfulness? I'm growing rather worried about future of this game if I have to send reminder PMs in order to get every turn done.

((It's more that these turns take effort to get into and write after some time has passed, and I am very skilled at putting off any and all effort after my mental wheels have stopped spinning. I kind of forgot what exactly I was trying to do here. But I'll make do!))

Keep selling that property!

Also, see if I can start making a list of people who could get into the bunker. Try to place an emphasis on young (20-30 years old), skilled, educated individuals and their immediate families.

Spoiler: Bunker Business! (click to show/hide)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2015, 02:24:14 pm »

Sell off a billion of my real estate.
Stock the ship with communication services, as well as non-electronic fallbacks.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »

Q1 2017

Look into the most loyal and trustworthy mercs, pay them a lot and try to designate the most reliable ones some information about the end of the world.
    The DSDF should work harder on what I told the to do.
    Educate the engineers I plan to take on the Ark about the end of the world. Try to not look like I'm crazy.

[4] After intensive background seach you find about 30 mercs that do honestly work for money. That's best kind of loyalty you can find amongst them. After quadrupling their wages you let them in about incoming destruction. You play it down quite much as to not look crazy.
    [Merc reaction: 1] They call it bullshit, get their money and leave. That went well...

[5] The Foundation finds better and more conclusive proof from polar regions. Melting of polar caps has increased quite horrifyingly rapidly due unnaturally warm winters, so first countries should feel its effect within a year.
    While it matches nicely with the end of the world date you know, mere melting polar caps cannot flood fast and widely enough to kill off humanity. You don't believe in coinsidences, sounds like a plan of those evil gods to cause panic and fear in people. It's like waving a lighter around gasoline station before dropping a nuke on it.
    So far greatest effect of the discovery is increased movement away from shore lines. Of course it won't help them at all.

[Engineers reaction: 6] They believe in you. Oh, they really do. You can see fire in their eyes as they each start making preparations.

Personal financial situation:
    Stocks are not doing well.
    Sale of your real estate is not resulting any purchases.

Spoiler: Sophia Papanous (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

• Continue ongoing projects, including integration of new research and systems into the ship designs.
    • Hold off on the shipboard reactor choice for one quarter, will re-evaluate once I see how much progress has been made by the U.S. company on their design.
    • Search for new engineers for desalinization plants, consult legal staff re: potential proceedings against the theft.
    • Conduct an audit of the mining branch, find that missing money.
    [3] Only ark ship #1 is in state where your largest new technologies can be applied, namely hydro engines Byzantine Energetics Inc. developed. It should help with power production especially in storms where other generators might be in trouble. Of course fusion generators won't care much about storms, but every redundancy helps. New large installation will take space from other systems.
    What you are willing to sacrifice for it? Workshops, storage space, the already minimal luxuries, or living space?

[1-1] Bad luck follows you everywhere when it comes to desalinization. Perhaps you should just let your friends handle it? Korir seems to be doing something related.
    [3] Your lawyers inform you that they naturally do their best, but it might be hard to prove theft. Those thieves are not exactly stupid.

[4] Audit reveals suprisingly large scale corruption in your ranks. Large number of personel in key positions are arrested and replaced. Getting all lost money back might take some time, but police is now working on the case.

For ark ships job is for most part getting done. Construction of hull of ark-ship 2 is facing hardships, but they slap it together because of rushing deadlines.

[2] Reactor minimization in USA is on hold again. They are not disclosing reasons.

Company personel evaluation is still in progress. Should have results by end of next quarter.
    ((By the way, you can barely fill passanger section of one ark ship with people from your company even with good rolls. Might be good idea to start expanding recruitment drive with Sophia's Deep Sea Discovery Foundation.))

Dividends from your company rise as well as their stock value, which is good for your wallet.
    Your real estate sales is going very well. Whole whopping billion.

Spoiler: Herwald Rasmussen V (click to show/hide)

((It's more that these turns take effort to get into and write after some time has passed, and I am very skilled at putting off any and all effort after my mental wheels have stopped spinning. I kind of forgot what exactly I was trying to do here. But I'll make do!))

Keep selling that property!

Also, see if I can start making a list of people who could get into the bunker. Try to place an emphasis on young (20-30 years old), skilled, educated individuals and their immediate families.

Spoiler: Bunker Business! (click to show/hide)

((That's why I like to churn updates out on daily basis as well. Lack of activity tends to eat my motivation as well.))

Don't worry, property sale goes on.

Sure you can. List making is halfway done.

Bunker business:
    1. [5] Done. You get also array of spare parts with the machines and large repertoire of educational materials.
    2. [3+1] The tunnel is quite long and workers build it up to 4500 meter height.
    3. [4] Easily done. You might offer your new expertice for Mr. Rasmussen as well seeing his bad luck on the field.
    4. [4] Done as well.

Dividends rise but stocks fall. Funny how that works.

Spoiler: Codeine Ogudi Korir (click to show/hide)

Sell off a billion of my real estate.
    Stock the ship with communication services, as well as non-electronic fallbacks.

[3] Only half billion was sold.

[1] Done. Let's hope those will last to the end.

Dividends keep increasing, but stocks not as much.

Spoiler: Priya Gupta (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dharma Inc. (click to show/hide)

NEWS:
    Financial:
    Economic rise halts and holds current level. It's probably going down again...

Astronomy:
    NASA announces new facts about the approaching exocomet. On its current trajectory there's 96% probability the comet will collide with Moon. Considering the comet is around 2 km wide and made of water ice this might be preferrable as it would be reason to establish permanent moon base.

Meteorological:
    Deep Sea Discovery Foundation warns of imminent global catastrophe caused by "green house" effect melting polar caps. World politicians have emergency meet up about the matter, but all they come up is tighter emission standards.
    ((Fun fact: this announcement was predetermined. RNG played it nice and SaberToothTiger got credit for it.))

Q2 2017

((One year left!))
    I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
    Old sigs.
    Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #245 on: June 05, 2015, 02:36:34 pm »

Share my desalinization insights with Mr. Rasmussen (and perhaps a few qualified workers to help him actually build some desalinization devices or at least oversee their construction - he'll have to pay them himself, though) - give him the location of my bunker as well, so that he may be able to find it after the end if he needs to. Could always use a bit of trade, my rationale goes, and if he needs people for arkships, we'll certainly have them.

Spoiler: BUNKER BUSINESS! (click to show/hide)

Also, look into the possibility of obtaining loyal mercenaries in Kenya and, if possible, the nearby lands. There ought to be plenty with the warfare going on. Inform them that the world is about to end through intermediaries.
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 10:37:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
    • inveterate shitposter
      • View Profile
    « Reply #246 on: June 05, 2015, 04:07:39 pm »

• Continue ongoing projects. Keep waiting on fusion plants. If no meaningful progress on shipboard reactors by the end of next quarter, start asking questions.
    • Contact Korir about desalinization plants ((What sort of deal would you like?))
    • If engineers can be spared, try to scale down the hydro engines. If not possible or practical, cut into living space.
    • Start an external recruitment drive of individuals with similar qualifications as the internal candidates. Bill it as long-term scientific expeditions.
    • Contact Sophia about branching out recruitment

|
    |
    v

The end is approaching, Ms. Papanous. Our projections of passenger space aboard my ark-ships is substantially in excess of what my own people will need; shall we cooperate to fill them with as many trustworthy individuals as possible? I am given to understand that you already have a related project underway.

Aurora on small monitors:
    1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
    2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
    3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #247 on: June 06, 2015, 03:12:51 am »

• Contact Korir about desalinization plants ((What sort of deal would you like?))
    The deal is that you get the desalinization design (and I might provide you with some skilled workers to help with the construction of more devices, see further). This is the apocalypse, after all. Have to help out the other guys as much as we can.

With that in mind, I'm wondering if you might not be able to accept some of my skilled workers on your ark-ships when the apocalypse draws near if I don't have room in my bunker for them and their families. Once I'm done with the bunker, I think I could even pass them along to you, provided you promise to treat them reasonably well.

Also, got any work you'd like to outsource? Did pretty well on the desalinization already, and I think I'm nearing completion on my projects. Two billionaires working together are better than one, and three are even better than two, no?
    « Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 09:59:13 am by Harry Baldman »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • Wannabe Shitposter
      • View Profile
    « Reply #248 on: June 06, 2015, 05:28:48 am »

Find LOYAL mercs ASAP. Train them in CQC and prepare them for what's to come.
    Comission my engineers to help with the Ark construction.
    Stockpile weaponry for my mercenaries.
    Move onto the Ark.
    I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
    It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
    There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #249 on: June 06, 2015, 08:28:10 am »

Inspect bunker for structural faults or deficiencies, and also inspect the communications equipment for faults.
    Try finding research on possible ways to help stop the melting of the ice caps.
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
    • Space Accountant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #250 on: June 06, 2015, 09:35:18 am »

The deal is that you get the desalinization data. This is the apocalypse, after all. Have to help out the other guys as much as we can.

He already has the data, he's the one who wished for it in first place. What he's missing is people working on it. People on the field don't like Herwald so he has permanent -1 on anything regarding desalinization.
    Old sigs.
    Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #251 on: June 06, 2015, 09:41:15 am »

Oh, I thought he had troubles with the design? I kind of meant the design there, edited to correct the wrong impression.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
    • Space Accountant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #252 on: June 06, 2015, 09:47:35 am »

Even so he will have hard time getting actual people building the thing for him. People are important. Can't do anything without them.
    Old sigs.
    Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #253 on: June 06, 2015, 10:00:19 am »

Wasn't the whole point of my design that I could build it without a dedicated team of professional desalinization men?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
    • Space Accountant
      • View Profile
    « Reply #254 on: June 06, 2015, 10:32:57 am »

Wasn't the whole point of my design that I could build it without a dedicated team of professional desalinization men?

Wait, what? Design?  The wish data basically had design already in it and it was more matter of building the actual device. Which is what your men did. Somehow his company doesn't have people who can do it, so he's in trouble.
    Old sigs.
    Games.
    Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 44