Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70611 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How: Today's debate - How to genocide humans
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2015, 10:24:39 am »

Priya thinks about what Korir had said, and begins to consider the options.
"The deity one could work, but what if the deity deliberately chooses the worst people to be the ones to survive?  Just a thought, but, as I have said before, we must think carefully about this, as there may be drawbacks we either haven't thought of, or do not know about."

"I think the problem with a deity smiting people is long term survival. What will stop it once it starts? What if it smites mankind into permanent stone age? What can you do to protect people from angry god? Ah, please note this isn't actual prediction of future, just my feelings."

((By the way, how much you want to deal with finances? Because every time I start thinking finances of characters and companies I feel very depressed. Numbers are unpleasantly large.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:22:20 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2015, 11:38:49 am »

"A global flood would be rather easy to deal with, I think. Given three years I could, with my own resources, assemble a fleet  of ark-ships sufficient to carry and maintain the remnants of humanity, giving us time after to rebuild. As I said, however, it may be too easy. Your thoughts?"

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2015, 12:12:36 pm »

"A global flood would be rather easy to deal with, I think. Given three years I could, with my own resources, assemble a fleet  of ark-ships sufficient to carry and maintain the remnants of humanity, giving us time after to rebuild. As I said, however, it may be too easy. Your thoughts?"
"Yes, that could work. Though, who knows how long the flood could last, or whether it would ever stop? I actually think a Zombie Apocalypse would work quite well. All we would need to do is find a secluded place to survive. Mr. Korir could provide the food, myself and Raman could research defences in the next 3 years. We would have to survive about 2 years in order for the zombie population to finish rotting, but when that happens, we will be home free.

Granted, a Zombie Apocalypse doesnt sound too enticing though. What if we went with something like a robot takeover?"
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2015, 03:02:02 pm »

"That's why it's so good. With preparation, it's very survivable. And if it's irreversible, severe and, if possible, gradual, then that provides both the required death toll and hopefully entertainment for these evil gods."

"Though I must admit this all feels terrible to consider. It must be better than being hit with all of it without warning, though? Even if we do feel guilt afterward for choosing the instrument of humanity's demise?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2015, 04:04:22 pm »

"Ah, but under the terms of the premise this doom is inevitable; we are doing what we can in order to preserve some part of our civilization. Unless the exercise is one of willingness, and these 'gods' do not actually intend to destroy us, merely to observe how quickly we accept what we have been told.

"Perhaps that is too deep. But in any case, the primary issue with the flood is that there is no active antagonistic element. If the whole of humanity which survives is relatively well-kept and ordered, then the only true issues are environmental: recovering sufficient resources to progress rather than stagnate. That said, I do like the idea of it, and if these 'gods' would approve, it seems to be the most reasonable resolution to this dilemma."

3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2015, 04:29:27 pm »

"Indeed, I think that we should go with the flood, because it's relatively easier to plan for, than the other options we have thought of so far."
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2015, 06:31:58 pm »

" How about an inter-continental hurricane?"
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »

"Insufficient in both scale and total damage, one would think."

3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2015, 11:54:51 pm »

"So it is classics after all? Old fashioned, but effective. For comparison, in my previous vision of future Earth was relocated on close orbit of giant star and tidally locked on it." Mihael says.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2015, 12:02:39 am »

"That sounds excessively inefficient. Life would still be perfectly possible in the twilight band, after all, and at least half the world's population would survive for long enough to reach it. These 'gods' of yours are rather unimaginative, I think."

3. Run Resize Enable

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2015, 12:47:05 am »

"If we want creative, lets have a planet with intelligent life be teleported close to earth. Within a few days, the two planets would collide, smashing the earth to bits. Deadly, but interesting."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2015, 01:27:59 am »

"That sounds excessively inefficient. Life would still be perfectly possible in the twilight band, after all, and at least half the world's population would survive for long enough to reach it. These 'gods' of yours are rather unimaginative, I think."

"I believe you are underestimating how effective they can get."
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2015, 01:33:59 am »

"If we want creative, lets have a planet with intelligent life be teleported close to earth. Within a few days, the two planets would collide, smashing the earth to bits. Deadly, but interesting."
"However, how many people would die? If only a handful of people would survive, we wouldn't be able to rebuild."

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2015, 01:47:23 am »

"However, how many people would die? If only a handful of people would survive, we wouldn't be able to rebuild."
"If we sent a lifeboat, so to speak,  into space with a genetically viable population, they could land after the catastrophe was over. The question is, do you think we could create a lifeboat large enough, fast enough?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2015, 01:50:26 am »

"With our current technology, we probably wouldn't be able to build one fast enough.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 44