Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Two questions: how to edit personalities, and how to trigger transformations.  (Read 1018 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile

Warning:I have close to zero knowledge of DFHack, so any directions would have to be given step by step and in normal words.

The personalities: I know this'll need DFHack, but I don't know which script to use. I've got a dwarf who likes star sapphires, I have one of those, burning steel, I've got a few bars of that, and his best skill is weaponsmithing. However, he likes large daggers. I really have no need for a knife user, as deadly as they can be. I'd rather have him like long swords or morningstars. How can I use dfhack to make him like longswords instead of large daggers? Thanks in advance!

The transformation: I've skimmed over reactions and such, I'm not that good at them. How, in the raws, would I be able to make a creature able to shift to a form at will?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Trainzack

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is, and we are.
    • View Profile

To answer your second question: By making them able to do an interaction (CDI tags) that has themselves as a target, a syndrome of ce_body_transform-or-whatever, and a usage hint. Of course, they can only change for a set amount of time. Of course, it only works if there is a usage hint that matches when you want the creature to transform.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Preferences are probably the most difficult part of the personality to edit, since it's all based on specific subtypes of items and such.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, thanks. I think I can figure that out.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

I could get started on prefs with Vjek's scripts from the wiki.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Vjek#The_Scripts

For transformations there is a modtools/transform-unit script but I'd suggest trying with a syndrome first until you get what you want working well. A transformation syndrome can be permanent.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:15:51 am by Boltgun »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

*cough*

*cough*

The prefchange in my sig does just that on a dorf by dorf basis. It's also modular so you can edit the stuff in there and/or add new preferences if you want and it should be pretty easy, currently it'll replace the first three preferences unless you clear them all at which point you get them with just those three.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:45:01 am by Max™ »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*cough*

*cough*

The prefchange in my sig does just that on a dorf by dorf basis. It's also modular so you can edit the stuff in there and/or add new preferences if you want and it should be pretty easy, currently it'll replace the first three preferences unless you clear them all at which point you get them with just those three.

YAY! You, sir, earned this. (Gives you an aluminum mug)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

*crunch crunch crunch* Not bad, tastes like blood and pulped teeth though.