Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Hyboria Redux! CHAPTER I: Slaves of the Kusani Pit(5/5)  (Read 4462 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Hyboria Redux! CHAPTER I: Slaves of the Kusani Pit(5/5)
« on: March 13, 2015, 06:54:55 pm »

Hyboria returns! Now with A BETTER GAME SYSTEM THAN WHAT I DID PREVIOUSLY!!!

If you're from the first Hyboria adventure, you have priority. But this game will be less "power fantasy" and be more akin to "Simple Folk of Erioth".

+1 max HP every time you lose your maximum (or +10%, whichever is more favorable)
You can survive to -(2 + 20% max) below zero, but you will be unable to fight, and will be exceeding vulnerable to attacks
You can take a turn to rest and regain 1 HP or 20% max, whichever is more favorable
Fighting uses opposed attack rolls. The winner deals the difference in damage, minus armor soak, to the defender's HP.
Losing a round against an opponent of equal skill gives a 50% chance of a skill increase. Winning has a 16.67% chance of a skill increase.
Losing a round against an opponent of double skill gives two 50% chances of a skill increase. Winning has a 50% chance of a skill increase.
Losing a round against an opponent of half skill gives a 10% chance of a skill increase. Winning gives nothing.
Sparring gives half skill gain

Killing an opponent will earn you valor and honor. For now valor is what matters, and it is used to 'purchase' skills. Skill cost will be dependent upon GM judgement. Just ask about a skill you're interested in, and I'll let you know.

All noncombat skill rolls operate on a d6 scale (typical RTD rating), but you start off rolling 1d4 in combat. Rolling a 1 will give two 20% chances at skill gain, rolling your highest value will give one 20% chance

There will be a waitlist. Dead players can reapply to be on the waitlist the turn after their death.

Name:
HP: 2/2 [-2]

Skills&Stats:
Attacks at 1d4
Blocks 0

Inventory:
clothes
No money

Valor: 0
Honor: 0

Players:

Spoiler:  Peradon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  wipeout (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  SalsaCookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Zomara (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Urist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:17:05 am by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 07:33:37 pm »

Name: George Merk

Skills&Stats:
Attacks at 1d4
Blocks 0

Inventory:
clothes
No money

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (0/5)
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 07:45:08 pm »

Name: Ayesha

Skills&Stats:
Attacks at 1d4
Blocks 0

Inventory:
clothes
No money

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (1/5)
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:11:57 pm »

Name: Bronan

Skills&Stats:
Attacks at 1d4
Blocks 0

Inventory:
clothes
No money

Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (1/5)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 09:52:07 pm »

Name: Miroro

Skills&Stats:
Attacks at 1d4
Blocks 0

Inventory:
clothes
No money

Wish we would have been told about the change. I hardly ever check the new RTDs. . . . or RPs. . . . or anything that I am not apart of.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (3/5)
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:24 am »

In! This is my system/Nirur's system!

Name: Drest (can't do full sheet on phone).

We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! Now with a new system! (3/5)
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 11:13:37 am »

In! This is my system/Nirur's system!

Name: Drest (can't do full sheet on phone).

Yes it is! It would be a pleasure to have you join in, since Simple FoLK is right now my favorite game!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyboria Redux! CHAPTER I: Slaves of the Kusani Pit(5/5)
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 11:25:16 am »

CHAPTER I: Slaves of the Kusani Pit

The Wuhuan Desert is a terribly hot place in the summer, a horrible time to travel. Sadly, none of you have any choice being prisoners sold as slaves. Maybe you were caught stealing, maybe you murdered someone important, maybe you bedded the wrong maiden. But it doesn't matter now.

It has been four days since you all have been rounded into a slave cart from Khoraf. You are all bound and are awaiting to join in gladiatorial battles in Kusan. It will take another day to get to the Kusani fight pits. Maybe you can escape? Maybe you can gain favor with the gaurds? Whatever you do, be wary of where you are, and what you are in the eyes of your captors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 11:47:21 am »

"You can't hold me! I am Bronan the Librarian! Let me go at once, my books yearn for my tending!"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 06:15:34 pm »

"You can't hold me! I am Bronan the Librarian! Let me go at once, my books yearn for my tending!"

A nearby gaurd laughs at Bronan's indignance, and jabs him with the blunt end of his spear. It appears they don't really want to harm the prisoners, in fear of lower pay, or perhaps, they gamble themselves in the pits.

"Very funny prisoner! A slave, able to read! Perhaps your wits shall assist you in the pits?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 07:27:19 pm »

"What did we do to deserve this?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »

"Hey you. Yeah, you guard. Come here."

When he comes, stomp on his toe.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2015, 09:59:05 am »

"What did we do to deserve this?"

"You know better than I do, sister."

"Hey you. Yeah, you guard. Come here."

When he comes, stomp on his toe.

[1d4 vs. 1d4] [3 vs. 4] You quickly stomp at his foot, but he hops back and swings his spear at you. -1 HP George Merk

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2015, 01:15:43 pm »

Do pushups to prepare for arena combat. ((I'm going we can train a little.))
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2015, 03:00:59 pm »

Gah...

Rest up. Regain my health.
Pages: [1] 2 3