Is this poll terrible

yes
- 0 (0%)
totally
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 20, 2015, 08:45:24 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2) Preparing the reboot...  (Read 34134 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2) Preparing the reboot...
« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2015, 07:02:39 pm »

Yeah, how do you think I can keep demons in green glass cages without them breaking out?
hope.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 27, 2015, 08:15:11 pm »

Alright, I,m ready to dive into this thing anytime now, as Immortalitytowers is out of the way.

Zuglarkun, what are the directives to find the embark location we want?

Everyone else, if you want a specific kind of dwarf, let me know before I roll the starting 7.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 27, 2015, 08:18:43 pm »

gimme dat stoneworker/mechanic

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 27, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »

Alright, I,m ready to dive into this thing anytime now, as Immortalitytowers is out of the way.

Zuglarkun, what are the directives to find the embark location we want?

Everyone else, if you want a specific kind of dwarf, let me know before I roll the starting 7.

There is a notepad (.txt) file inside the save folder that should give you instructions on how to find the site along with a .jpg file that shows the site in question on the embark screen. It is all in ASCII. (You are familiar with the symbols on the overland map and how to make a 4x4 embark right?) I can't figure out how to make a note on the embark screen without actually embarking on the site, so you'll have to work with that. You'll only want the save folder that says "Site 7 & 8". If you run into any difficulties, let me know.

Oh, can I also request that we use "The Stirred Irons" as our civilization? There is some interesting stuff going on in the background there (as compared to the other 2 dwarf civilizations we have available).

Same deal as last time, Mechanic/ Building Designer, any gender. If you can't fit that in, just grab the nearest dwarf from the migration wave with either of those skills and enable the missing labors.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 28, 2015, 08:19:48 am »

Alright thanks a bunch. Ill start messing with this when I return from work.

Im aiming for the following crew:
-miner
-farmer
-mason
-carpenter
-fisherdwarf
-brewer"cook
-soldier

Flame would get the mason, Zuglarkun the carpenter, both with mechanic on the side, until the fort can afford to specialize. Zuglarkun, ill also strap architecture amd design on your dwarf as a moonlighting activity, as I dont think you'll be designing bridges nonstop on embark.

Flame will, obviously, end up being a chick.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #305 on: August 28, 2015, 08:46:16 am »

fisherdwarfpls. secretly train me in master axe lord.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 28, 2015, 09:08:10 am »

I'm aiming for the following crew:
-miner
-farmer
-mason
-carpenter
-fisherdwarf
-brewer"cook
-soldier

I don't know how to break this to you, but since we are embarking on a terrifying lake, I don't think... fishing is going to work as well as you think it will. So let's just say that I'm going to frown upon that decision. But hey its your call.

Hmmm, since TheFlame52 is taking the mechanic role, I'll scrap my previous ideas and just roll with the carpenter then. Just throw in some skill with pottery and enable building designer (or vice versa) and we'll call it a day.

as I don't think you'll be designing bridges nonstop on embark.

I sure hope to Armok that will be the case. May Zon show us his mercy.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 01:51:32 pm by Zuglarkun »

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 28, 2015, 10:30:45 am »

Alright thanks a bunch. Ill start messing with this when I return from work.

Im aiming for the following crew:
-miner
-farmer
-mason
-carpenter
-fisherdwarf
-brewer"cook
-soldier

Flame would get the mason, Zuglarkun the carpenter, both with mechanic on the side, until the fort can afford to specialize. Zuglarkun, ill also strap architecture amd design on your dwarf as a moonlighting activity, as I dont think you'll be designing bridges nonstop on embark.

Flame will, obviously, end up being a chick.

Brewer/cook would be great.  Name of Ghills.  Female by preference.

ETA: Bah, I can't read.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:42:22 am by Ghills »
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2015, 10:36:18 am »

I don't know how to break this to you, but since we are embarking on a terrifying lake, I don't think... fishing is going to work as well as you think it will. So let's just say that I'm going to frown upon that decision.
I guess thats the part where i should take a look at the world huh? We'll just train Gwolfsky with an axe ad he requested. The army will bw of two and have more productive training sessions. That way fishery will double as live training. Unless terrifying means ''undead demon fishes'' then we'll call it unlive training.

Obviously Im half joking here, the second i see whats in there we are going to run the FUCK away.

We still have the miner, farmer and soldier up for grabs, altho I myself may claim the miner as my own.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 10:40:05 am by Taupe »

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2015, 02:12:33 pm »

Gives to me the miner. I likes to die ins the lava. (FOR NO APPARENT REASON) Seriously, lava always kills me. Just like my X-Com characters are never psychically gifted, or are horrific liabilities in that department.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2015, 03:34:25 pm »

Because it has been somewhat successful in Immortalitytowers, I'm going to start this succession with a bit of an illustrated turn. This should help us set the characters, location and general atmosphere of the fortress.  The update should thus spread over up to two weeks, including the intro posts for the region and backstory. While I work on some mspaint dwarves, is anyone around versed enough with AD(Moltenchannels to provide a fitting intro to this reboot? Im still bingereading the previous forts but hell are those threads looong.

Like, are we a very random fort that aspire to build lava devices, or is there a deeper connection to the older fortresses we want to establish?

Ps. Ive claimed the farmer for my own, and the unlucky soldier shall remain nameless for now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:36:32 pm by Taupe »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2015, 04:26:08 pm »

name the soldier Thorin. I want to experiment writing in character with two people. unless someone else wants him.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2015, 07:26:55 pm »

name the soldier Thorin. I want to experiment writing in character with two people. unless someone else wants him.

Oooh.  Hobbit crossover incoming?
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2015, 11:42:17 pm »

Because it has been somewhat successful in Immortalitytowers, I'm going to start this succession with a bit of an illustrated turn. This should help us set the characters, location and general atmosphere of the fortress.

I just happened to read through that last night, and short to say it was very entertaining, and I wholly approve of such an endeavor.

Dumbestdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Silly small person
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2015, 04:46:39 am »

Hm. I'd like to be dwarfed later, as a migrant who either is or becomes a woodcutter and who is rather stupid, under the name Nujux. Bonus points if he or she has no family relationships with anyone alive.

Edit: also, Taupe - the drawing stuff like you did on (Im)mortality tower was bloody nice!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:44:41 am by Dumbestdorf »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22