Is this poll terrible

yes
- 0 (0%)
totally
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 20, 2015, 08:45:24 pm

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22

Author Topic: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2) Preparing the reboot...  (Read 34203 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2)
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2015, 01:01:38 pm »

Finished off the year.

Titan was killed by marksdwarves, but not before ripping the leg off a poor miner. She is up and walking.

A vile force of darkness arrived!

Save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10899

GOOD LUCK NEXT OVERSEER

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2015, 03:37:25 pm »

Excellent. This means that Triaxx2 is up for the next turn. I'll contact him via PMs.

but not before ripping the leg off a poor miner. She is up and walking.
That's some underwhelming leg-ripping right there. Oo

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 02, 2015, 04:10:39 pm »

crutches

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 02, 2015, 06:42:59 pm »

I shall acquire the save tonight.

Pearofclubs

• Bay Watcher
  • Servant of -it-
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:16 pm »

Is it too late to get on the list? This looks... FUN.

Either way, I'd love to be dorfed.
I'd prefer a migrant with a really useless set of skills, if possible... whatever you make me do instead is perfectly fine :P

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 02, 2015, 10:12:50 pm »

Is it too late to get on the list? This looks... FUN.
It's never too late to add people to the list. Welcome aboard!

PS: Darkflame, did you want another go? This applies to both NQT and Maxcat, who have both skipped their turn. If any of you wish to rejoin the turn order, just let us know.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 10:17:07 pm by Taupe »

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2015, 11:48:00 am »

I downloaded the save to pore over so I could have a better idea of how to approach the fort when it was my turn, and everything seems pretty "normal" to me.
(As in normal for the standard fare of death and disorganization that most community fortresses face.)

But really, the fort could do with some major FPS improvements, starting with butchering the 90+ animals and then using up all the block and wood we have accumulated.

Also, could someone explain to me why is there a FREAKING SAGUARO growing in the middle of the wood stockpile? furthermore, someone seems very much cognizant of the fact and simply casually walled it up. I don't quite understand the logic of this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:51:11 am by Zuglarkun »

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2015, 12:38:22 am »

I downloaded the save to pore over so I could have a better idea of how to approach the fort when it was my turn, and everything seems pretty "normal" to me.
(As in normal for the standard fare of death and disorganization that most community fortresses face.)

But really, the fort could do with some major FPS improvements, starting with butchering the 90+ animals and then using up all the block and wood we have accumulated.

Also, could someone explain to me why is there a FREAKING SAGUARO growing in the middle of the wood stockpile? furthermore, someone seems very much cognizant of the fact and simply casually walled it up. I don't quite understand the logic of this.

THAT, my good fellow, is Sir Humphrey Cactusson. Our lord and true leader.

(Also, check the notes screen. It explains most of the stranger stuff but not all of it)

Edit: And yes, agreed on the wood/blocks. I collected most of that for construction work but it didn't get used. Using it up on towers and walls will make the fort more secure AND improve FPS significantly. ANd butchering everything we can't use to kill other people is also good.

Edit2: Also paving the inside of the fort so we don't have excessive tree growth. ANd outside around the walls to make climbing in harder. There's a lot we can do! Just don't hurt the cactus.... It's a joke from the early days of the fort and the walls are there to prevent accidental regi/deicide.

Edit3: Also, why were you expecting everything to be logical in a succession game? Especially one started by a bunch of Moltenchannels alumni?

On that note, I'd like another turn, so slot me on to the back of the turn list and let's hope more people skip so I can get the fort before it dies. It's fairly good odds for that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:54:19 am by Urist McKiwi »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2015, 05:35:35 am »

Could I sign up for another turn as well?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 04, 2015, 09:42:11 am »

gimme another turn

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 04, 2015, 12:48:58 pm »

(Also, check the notes screen. It explains most of the stranger stuff but not all of it)

Edit: And yes, agreed on the wood/blocks. I collected most of that for construction work but it didn't get used. Using it up on towers and walls will make the fort more secure AND improve FPS significantly. ANd butchering everything we can't use to kill other people is also good.

Edit2: Also paving the inside of the fort so we don't have excessive tree growth. ANd outside around the walls to make climbing in harder. There's a lot we can do! Just don't hurt the cactus.... It's a joke from the early days of the fort and the walls are there to prevent accidental regi/deicide.

Edit3: Also, why were you expecting everything to be logical in a succession game? Especially one started by a bunch of Moltenchannels alumni?

*Goes back to read the earlier thread...*
Oh, so that is the cactus that The Lone Cactus is named after? I must apologize, I need to catch up on the earlier reading before throwing out even more baseless accusations.

Hmm, how do I put this? I was not expecting everything to be logical, I just wanted the particular reasoning that went behind that cactus surrounded by walls as it seemed odd to me. It just didn't hit me then that I was looking at a monument of significant cultural and historical importance to the fortress. Somehow that simply didn't register in my mind. My bad, my bad. (^^);;

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2015, 01:52:22 am »

Well now you know. Random walled off trees with notes on them may be significant. Sometimes.

.....who's turn is it, anyway?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2015, 02:17:50 am »

Mine, but circumstances have momentarily conspired against me. I shall play a bit later this morning.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:56 am »

Circumstances include: Needing to update ten versions of DF. :D

So, finally playing, and can anyone explain to me why exactly, we have bridges underneath our admittedly awesome turbine hall?

My immediate plan is to complete and secure the southern outpost.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2015, 11:34:40 am »

First however, I must get the military off their collective arses and deal with this siege. Seven goblins versus almost fifty of our best war dorfs. (And a few complete numpties, but there's always cannon fodder.) We did sustain some significant injuries. A couple dwarves with nerve injuries, and one with the inability to stand, but beyond that, we've won a clear victory. Our militia captain even entered a martial trance and spent a good ten minutes dodging every arrow shot at him. Including four at once before reinforcements arrived. Once we closed in, the death came swiftly to our goblin foes. The siege ended, and we were able to open the south gate and begin the process of crafting our fine southern outpost.

My first task will be to cover over the bridge to the outpost, lest we have enemies who drop down upon our heads. A solid Bauxite Roof should do the trick, and we'll put up walls both over it, and on either side of the bridge. We can carve fortifications in either side as well.

What? Elves? Eat them. Came to trade? Oh. Well, I suppose we can always eat them later.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22