Is this poll terrible

yes
- 0 (0%)
totally
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 20, 2015, 08:45:24 pm

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22

Author Topic: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2) Preparing the reboot...  (Read 34198 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: Murderflood: resurrection (Ardentdikes IIIv2)
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2015, 12:33:57 am »

Those may still be running, but even they aren't you should have a metric crud-ton of coke lying around.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's not coke, that's just Gypsum powder. The other dwarfs may say that it is used for casts, but some mayors use it recreationaly (And ask overseers to get more).
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2015, 12:49:33 am »

Those may still be running, but even they aren't you should have a metric crud-ton of coke lying around.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's not coke, that's just Gypsum powder. The other dwarfs may say that it is used for casts, but some mayors use it recreationaly (And ask overseers to get more).

Pretty sure I found some gypsum as well last year, if you're into that stuff. We now have a hospital so it might actually get used for plaster some day.

Besides, who needs drugs when you can make steel wheelbarrows and instruments and other useful stuff instead?

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2015, 02:52:26 pm »

Play with the Hotkeys. Unless they got changed, one of them should show you the magma smelters. Alternately, just use the manager.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2015, 04:30:57 pm »

My apologies, I was planning to get a reasonable update over the weekend but something came up. Will have the rest of Spring and hopefully some of Summer tomorrow.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2015, 06:36:40 pm »

The Journal of Lord Deus Asmoth.
4th of Slate.
The elven diplomat has demanded that I cease felling the trees of Murderflood immediately. Something to do with 'global warming' and the 'environment'. I have no time for such fantasies and told him so. Despite seeming unhappy about it, he then spend some days regaling me with the news of every settlement within a month's travel. I'm considering having his executed and turning his bones into decorations for Lord Cactusson, but then who would tell the elves how much I despise them?

15th of Slate.
I've had a series of new magma forges and smelters set up. Some peasants have been sent to forge steel equipment for the militia, since quite a few of them are using wooden weapons we seized from the elves earlier.

24th of Slate.
Something called a 'wereloris' has come to attack Murderflood. I have no idea what a loris is, and besides, I'm too busy doing important things. So I've sent some peasants to sort it out.

26th of Slate.
The peasants have managed to take down the wereloris, all thanks to my heroic leadership. Their steel equipment probably helped too. And possibly the suppressing fire that the archers laid down. But mostly my leadership.

15th of Felsite.
One of our stoneworkers was possessed by eldritch forces beyond mortal ken, producing a quartz crown after performing some kind of blood sacrifice and channelling the power of the full moon. It's a pretty tacky piece, what with the way it crackles with fell lightning (and that shade of purple! What were they thinking?), but I decided I'd improve his life by wearing it anyway. In spite of the tackiness and obvious lack of colour co-ordination, it is... precious to me. When I wear it, I no longer feel like there's any chance that my various power plays will fail. Not that I feel any differently normally, but I don't even worry that I'll have to use my various backup plans because of the incompetence of my agents. It's an odd feeling. Normally I take the incompetence of my operatives as a fact of life.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2015, 01:44:40 am »

Huh. Our gods must be a strange bunch. A dude who turns into a bloodthirsty small primate (like a lemur, only not really) every month or so is an odd pick for a curse.

Still, could be worse.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2015, 02:18:07 am »

Well, the were suck-lemur probably feels very bad about profaning a holy site now, and isn't that the point of the whole thing?

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 04:54:16 am »

Well, the were suck-lemur probably feels very bad about profaning a holy site now, and isn't that the point of the whole thing?

Well on the one hand, it's a small, slow, mostly insectivorous primate, so it isn't that effective.....but on the other hand, it is a small primate.....I don't know whether that's a terrible pick or a genius one for turning someone into a rampaging beast. Either way, I guess it's not much good against steel weaponry and armor.

...you did armor them, right? We're not going to have 15 wereloris' militapeeps causing troubles next full moon are we?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 07:02:13 am »

One soldier did get bitten, but it only bruised the muscle. As far as I know that doesn't transfer the curse. I should probably put him in quarantine anyway.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2015, 03:12:01 pm »

I, for one, have faith in the lord of cactusson. He would never do something ras that endangers the life of others.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »

Yeah, I would never even think of locking a bunch of useless migrants in with our possibly cursed soldier in the hopes of infecting them all.

Urist McKiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2015, 06:36:50 pm »

Um..update?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2015, 07:48:17 am »

Incoming. Sorry, my computer spent the weekend on the other side of the country.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

Did it... did it have fun?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 06:05:12 pm »

I just can't tell what it had any more. It's always so cold and distant now, but it acts surprised when I use a newer model.

The Journal of Lord Deus Asmoth
26th of Felsite
Our unfortunate quarantines have been released. Some of them complained about being locked up with the wounded recruit in spite of there being little to no chance that they were infected, but my snazzy lightning crown tells me that an army of werelorises would e too  tempting to pass up. It also tells me that we should crack open the seals of hell and bring forth the dark flood of Armageddon, but I'm thinking that this would be counter-productive for my plans.

2nd of Hematite
We've run out of steel to turn into things, so I'm having a series of new forges set up to make more faster than before. In the meantime, the smiths are making things out of silver to develop their skills.

10th of Hematite
A human diplomat has arrived. I hope that he isn't planning to lecture us about the environment as well.

15th of Hematite
The diplomat and our mayor were discussing import taxes or something of that nature, and things got a little... heated.

My snazzy crown tells me that it's for the best, though. The humans shall break themselves against us like porcelain against a diamond.

20th of Hematite
The humans have sent a caravan. Doubtless it is full of tribute to placate us, since they've realised that they cannot best us at war. I shall personally accept the goods. I can't trust the mayor at the moment; she keeps shouting "Off with their heads" and swinging that pick of hers around.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22