Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Transgender Bathrooms  (Read 23261 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Transgender Bathrooms
« Reply #255 on: March 15, 2015, 11:43:24 am »

I think it goes back to Truean not wanting to be quoted, and nobody being able to see eye-to-eye as to why or if it even matters. Then it started spiraling out of control and got messy.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 15, 2015, 12:11:36 pm »

Ja, thing are getting back on track though.

Honestly, the biggest problem with this bathroom issue is current societal bias. I mean, there's no problem with separate bathrooms for male and female, but it does complicate matters for the small percentage of transpeople. Unisex bathrooms would be the most fair solution, but given the behavior of a large number of miscreants, people would be filing for sexual assault all over the place, and not just for trans-related issues.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 15, 2015, 12:43:39 pm »

I think it goes back to Truean not wanting to be quoted, and nobody being able to see eye-to-eye as to why or if it even matters. Then it started spiraling out of control and got messy.

It is also because not everyone agrees with everything and some people are passionate about certain points.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 15, 2015, 01:48:07 pm »

I completely understand that specific one, honestly. I say a lot of crap which is difficult to take back in the best of times.
When I get quoted, my stupidity is set in stone for eternity. Not so great- so I don't enjoy being quoted.
Then again, many forum members enjoy quoting me simply to call me on above said shit, so C'est la vie.
But Tru has a far better basis for it in truth.

In any case- not yet addressed:
Do people with different gender identities have the right to go to all-girls or all-boys schools? What about boarding? Say what you like, but there would be a whole truckload of calls from parents if it was ever discovered that there was a girl with a penis living in the dorms- and at that inquisitive age too.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 15, 2015, 01:49:58 pm »

I completely understand that specific one, honestly. I say a lot of crap which is difficult to take back in the best of times.
When I get quoted, my stupidity is set in stone for eternity. Not so great- so I don't enjoy being quoted.
Then again, many forum members enjoy quoting me simply to call me on above said shit, so C'est la vie.
But Tru has a far better basis for it in truth.

In any case- not yet addressed:
Do people with different gender identities have the right to go to all-girls or all-boys schools? What about boarding? Say what you like, but there would be a whole truckload of calls from parents if it was ever discovered that there was a girl with a penis living in the dorms- and at that inquisitive age too.

I mean they most certainly do. it's simply societal values that are holding us back here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 15, 2015, 02:17:14 pm »

What is wrong with the current system of male/female restrooms? If you are trans you most likely look like man or like a woman so go where you wouldn't look out of place. Problem solved.

So, what if you look 'out of place' in both the male and female restrooms to some bigots?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 15, 2015, 02:19:17 pm »

(The obvious crux point people are raising here is if you have some pretty noticeable characteristics from the gender you have recently left behind, and therefore will NOT appear aesthetically androgynous no matter what you're wearing (Which in this case is clothes corresponding to your gender identity))
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 15, 2015, 02:44:26 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:32:14 pm by penguinofhonor »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 15, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »

Eh, at the end of the day, Men are predators.
I'd be far more worried about the trans student themselves if it were an all-boys boarding house.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 15, 2015, 09:09:48 pm »

« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:11:57 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 15, 2015, 09:12:17 pm »

I'd be far more worried about the trans student themselves if it were an all-boys boarding house.

Go fuck yourself. I am a man, and I am not any kind of predator.

Seriously, those kind of comments are what start the derailments of threads and eventual deletion. Not to mention how rude, untrue, and such a blanket statement that assertion is.

EDIT: You know, i just checked your profile to see if you're male, and you are! Which also means, congratulations, you must be a sexual predator!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:17:22 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 15, 2015, 09:18:14 pm »

Okay, so we implement some sort of curfew system?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 15, 2015, 09:20:30 pm »

What!? Are you just agreeing with that? Most men are NOT predators people! Seriously.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 15, 2015, 09:22:06 pm »

What!? Are you just agreeing with that? Most men are NOT predators people! Seriously.
Not sure if they're serious or not...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 15, 2015, 09:24:11 pm »

Not sure if they're serious or not...
Listen, all I'm saying is that the literal interpretation of what he said suggests that men are only a problem at sundown.

... So, no. I wasn't being serious, at least.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20