Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: Transgender Bathrooms  (Read 23263 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Transgender Bathrooms
« Reply #240 on: March 15, 2015, 02:32:08 am »

help people realize that this isn't even a big deal at all
+one hundred factorial trillion

In the direction of people whining about people using the wrong bathroom, not in the direction of people whining about people whining about them using the wrong bathroom.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 15, 2015, 08:32:16 am »

I dunno. I'm still caught up in my hidebound opinions of 'It's in your pants', only because again, that's a permanent change which shows commitment to the new gender. That being said, it'd be difficult to 'test the waters' with my personal ideology, which could push people into making rash decisions. Which is bad.
But where it relates to bathrooms just astounds me. The only real way anyone's going to know is if you look completely out of sync with your gender, which is a whole other kettle of fish.
Irregardless, if not that, then who'll know? Pee in a stall, nobody will know, and what they don't know doesn't hurt their delicate sensibilities.

On a different, slightly less inflammatory, but far more discussable note:
Do people with different gender identities have the right to go to all-girls or all-boys schools? What about boarding? Say what you like, but there would be a whole truckload of calls from parents if it was ever discovered that there was a girl with a penis living in the dorms- and at that inquisitive age too.

However on the note of disappearance from forums
The only real times I saw you help people was when you were indignantly showing us how easily the law system is able to get evidence of illegal activities, but I feel like that's helping.
Sorry you can no longer vent about the thankless job you do. I guess the only consolation is that it's a necessary one, and keeps the law system standing upright, despite the massive stigma about it being filled with power hungry mercenaries.
I feel like this should go in the sad thread, but this one is relevant, and honestly I think the quicker we bury it, the less likely Toad will come along and nuke the lot of it.
Goodbye.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 15, 2015, 08:50:10 am »

You just had... to get one more jab in at me didn't you? Couldn't resist huh? I'm not worried about that. Lawyers bitch about everything; all the time. Do you not get it? I'm worried about being OUTED. I didn't do a thing wrong; what I did was be born trans and that'll totally fuck you into oblivion. But, how dare I talk about transgender people using a public restroom in a thread specifically devoted to that.

"you were indignantly showing us how easily the law system is able to get evidence of illegal activities"

Wow, I was expressly asked to do so, repeatedly. I was told it was unreasonable to ask not to be quoted without providing an explanation why, but I guess doing what you're asked is "indignant?" This justifies people going after me personally? Jesus. Really?

Thank you, thank you so much, you've taught me a lesson. Never help anybody, or warn them of things that could hurt them and never discuss anything online because it will be ripped to shreds and you will be personally attacked. Lovely. Never explain yourself or provide citation to back things up, because there are people who aren't interested in the explanations they're asking for. Rather, they're just looking for something and someone to rip to shreds. Message received loud and clear.

I guess the thread just proved it's point though didn't it. Don't be transgender or expect people to mess you up for it, and don't try to pee in a public restroom, because people will go off on you. Heaven forbid you assert you have a right to be there instead of apologizing to and accommodating the people against you, who say you don't.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:04:28 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 15, 2015, 08:54:02 am »

Can we please not discuss this in the thread?
I was only trying to help but I understand it didn't come across that way, and I'm sorry.  I'm taking a few days before I reply (by PMs) to make sure I'm not upset anymore, and I respectfully suggest other people should too.  Including Truean, sorry.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 15, 2015, 08:56:28 am »

How about everybody stop wailing on truean?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 15, 2015, 09:06:40 am »

How about everybody stop wailing on truean?

That'd be great but judging from everything that's been flooding to me on and off this thread, I somehow don't think that's happening. Thankfully there's been some support, but just wow....

The irony is just palpable. "Get out of here (transgender person)," is the message, seemingly concerning bathrooms and also here.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 09:09:14 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 15, 2015, 09:09:33 am »

Truean: By pointing out that post I wasn't trying to make you more paranoid or try and drive you off, I was actually trying to help by pointing out a post you should probably scrub given the way you see the world.  I can respect the way you see things, even if I don't agree with it.  I'm sorry that it came across differently, the way I said it was not the best.

Everyone: I agree with the people calling for this conversation to move back to its original topic.  Let's actually discuss the issue at hand.  Basically, how I see it is less that transgendered people need their own restrooms to be comfortable and more that society needs to change to be more open for everyone.  Of course, I could be entirely wrong and probably am, but I think that if society would accept transgendered people for who they are then there would be fewer problems.

Truean: We don't want you gone, we just don't understand your ideology.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2015, 09:14:51 am »

Oh come on truean, nobody wants you gone, let alone just because you're transgender, theres a few other transgender forum members who are accepted just fine.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2015, 09:40:06 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:31:08 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2015, 09:50:07 am »

I wonder how the legislation is going in Texas and Kentucky.

Last I heard they moved it from emergency to "Not" so they actually cannot just throw it through legislation anymore. So it will be a few months before it passes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2015, 09:56:14 am »

In addition, going by physical sex just causes more awkward/disturbing situations.  A man walks into the womens restroom, looking like a man, and best-case scenario everyone present now knows he used to be a woman.  If it's a problem for men and women to be in the same bathroom (which in my opinion, it isn't) then going by physical sex makes the problem more common (and a daily part of some peoples' lives).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:08 am »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:31:56 pm by penguinofhonor »

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2015, 10:46:55 am »

What is wrong with the current system of male/female restrooms? If you are trans you most likely look like man or like a woman so go where you wouldn't look out of place. Problem solved.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:36 am »

What is wrong with the current system of male/female restrooms? If you are trans you most likely look like man or like a woman so go where you wouldn't look out of place. Problem solved.

You would be surprised :P

Or a less cheeky response... Not necessarily actually.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 15, 2015, 11:04:14 am »

Whoa, this sure exploded.

Anyone can summarize why?
._.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20