Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: Transgender Bathrooms  (Read 23281 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Transgender Bathrooms
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 04:32:34 pm »

I'm betting it's (2) and (3). (1) is actually vaguely reasonable.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 04:33:52 pm »

In addition to the social consequences, sometimes there are legal ones. Florida, Texas, and Kentucky are all considering bills right now that would require transgender people to use only the bathroom of their biological sex.
Wait what why? Who the hell benefits from that? Why do people keep trying to make laws like this?

Because bible belt (well okay, that would apply more to Kentucky) and idiot politicians.

Of course though, if you were born with aspects of both genders, then your biological sex becomes noetherbothsimultaneously and '????', but that would be a pretty small poportion of transgender people.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 04:35:56 pm »

Depends if you mean Androgyny or hermaphrodites.

Though... I don't quite thing Hermaphrodites can "truly" be transgendered so to speak... since they are both.

I don't really know how Transgender and bathrooms will resolve itself.

Because of well... "Trap"

I bet you, they will tell horror stories of guys who pretend to be transgendered to install cameras in women's toilets.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 04:41:20 pm »

The point that I was making is that if your biological gender isn't 100% clear at birth, then transgender people will run into problems because if you have the appearance of a woman, but male parts, and you go into a male bathroom....

Actually, we should make one thing clear, when we speak of 'biological gender', are we talking about the organs that you posessed at birth, or at the genetic level? Because those are two completely different definitions/interpretations of 'biological gender'.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45:54 pm »

Ok... because I don't know a lot about this topic... I am going to ask something and I ask BEG you not to take offense to it.

Ok.... here it is, possibly the most offensive thing you heard today.

What if they made gender cards that transgendered people could have that basically works as a instant ID?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 04:46:52 pm »

What if they made gender cards that transgendered people could have that basically works as a instant ID?
Best. Idea. Ever.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2015, 04:49:07 pm »

We already have those. They're called drivers licenses.

Or were you meaning more along the lines of those paper sticker name-tags, except that instead of "Hi my name is ______" it'd be "Hi my-"

I'm sorry, I can't continue doing anything requiring my brain, the idiot next door is jamming out a terrible rendition of Sweet Child O' Mine and arglesagkgrpagfg

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2015, 04:50:58 pm »

No just an additional plastic card you can have... that you can get changed at anytime.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2015, 05:08:37 pm »

No just an additional plastic card you can have... that you can get changed at anytime.
I can't see this backfiring at all!

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2015, 05:14:12 pm »

Ok... because I don't know a lot about this topic... I am going to ask something and I ask BEG you not to take offense to it.

And of course, they should always wear it on their sleeve. An Absolutely fAntastic ideA!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2015, 05:17:35 pm »

You act as if this doesn't exist for other things...

It is kind of less than a crimson A... given you only need to use it if the police get involved.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:09 pm »

Actually, transgendered students may now be legally obligated to "wear the scarlet letter" in Texas. (This came up in the sad thread, in case you didn't notice.)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »

The only reason I think this is a good idea is so that I could go around showing people my Man Card.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:29:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2015, 05:31:10 pm »

Neonivek: What does this solve that isn't solved by making it easier to change the gender marker on your ID?

Easier and cheaper to obtain... As well you can keep it private from your driver's license (which is important), and can even be kept from public records unlike your driver's license or ID.

Having a separate gender indicator from your Driver's license is important.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20