Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: RTD: American Politics Edition- NP: 1948  (Read 6409 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: RTD: American Politics Edition- NP: 1948
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 06:22:01 pm »

Hey wait, what about voting progressive? Didn't they get a similar voting percentage to Thurmond?

The problem is that if there are too many options on the ballot, people will vote for too many different choices, and it won't be a very good approximation of how elections actually work.

The end result here isn't to go after the popular vote, but the Electoral College. So I'm limiting voting choices to people who are actually likely to succeed in taking electoral votes.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2015, 01:03:16 pm »

One vote for TruMAN!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »

Shit, guys, the more I look into this, the more I realize nothing short of kidnapping Nate Silver to make demographic models for me is going to make this work out.

I mean, I suppose I could bullshit it, but...that's just not satisfying, especially with all the math that's set up.

It's an intriguing idea, but I don't think it would have worked. (For those curious, Truman would probably have won this election, as in real life, so I could have postponed making this announcement to '52 or later- but I think stringing everyone along like that would have been worse.)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]