Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167400 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1230 on: December 14, 2016, 10:16:34 pm »

How the new mode works:
Teams meet in the middle.  They throw snowballs, all miss.  That one asshole who held on to their snowball instead of throwing it walks up and pelts someone right in the face.

So pretty much like an actual snowball fight.  Even looks like people are putting rocks in their snowballs too...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: December 15, 2016, 07:21:18 am »

How the new mode works:
Teams meet in the middle.  They throw snowballs, all miss.  That one asshole who held on to their snowball instead of throwing it walks up and pelts someone right in the face.

So pretty much like an actual snowball fight.  Even looks like people are putting rocks in their snowballs too...

Mei sounds so happy when she says "I'm putting a rock in this one!". Pretty sure she is basically a reverse Pyro from TF2. She freezes instead of setting stuff on fire, and she is a nice person on the surface but literally the devil below that.

I really have not gotten the hang of Symmetra's new shield. It seems like it should be really useful, but I've yet to really notice much of a difference when I use it.Probably better with a well coordinated team and not the randoms I've been doing.

I've been using it to run right into people's faces with her Photon Projector (or whatever her left-click is called). I think I even soloed a Bastion that way at one point.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:24:44 am by EvilTwin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: December 19, 2016, 11:13:16 am »

Hey, chill out! It's just only murder!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: December 19, 2016, 07:36:57 pm »

Those feels when you lose and then you notice you got a gold medal eliminations as Lucio.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: December 20, 2016, 12:47:09 am »

Those feels when you lose and then you notice you got a gold medal eliminations as Lucio.

To be perfectly honest that means nothing. At best it's a meaningless stat you can use jokingly, at worst it stops you from looking at what you could've done better because you think the loss was in no part your fault.

It's easy to get gold elims as lucio, you tend to live longer than the average dps and should be spamming into everything to help harass or finish targets while aoe-booping enemies to cause chaos. If you were the only healer as Lucio, that could very easily be a reason why your tanks and dps didn't live long enough to outdo you in eliminations. Not going to blame you for that one. If your team isn't picking a second healer, they shouldn't criticize your support pick. There should've been a second healer, Lucio really can't heal single targets enough on his own. There's also the possibility that you had a completely terrible team, but that really shouldn't be the conclusion you jump to.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:11:00 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: December 20, 2016, 01:07:49 am »

I played a couple more placement matches, currently at three wins, one loss.  Played McCree in two matches, Zen in another.

That "Stay in Group" button actually worked for once.  After we sort of facerolled an Anubis game, we randos grouped up six-man style for a second game, where we in turn got bested by team of mostly gold and plat players.  Ah well.

One of the guys in the group finished his ten games.  He got around 2300-2400, so I imagine that's around where I'll end up
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: December 20, 2016, 01:18:59 am »

Anyone play via Xbox? My brother is obsessed with this game, and sponsored by Blizzard. He could use some new folks to play with. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: December 20, 2016, 01:22:09 am »

To be perfectly honest that means nothing. At best it's a meaningless stat you can use jokingly, at worst it stops you from looking at what you could've done better because you think the loss was in no part your fault.

It's easy to get gold elims as lucio, you tend to live longer than the average dps and should be spamming into everything to help harass or finish targets while aoe-booping enemies to cause chaos. If you were the only healer as Lucio, that could very easily be a reason why your tanks and dps didn't live long enough to outdo you in eliminations. Not going to blame you for that one. If your team isn't picking a second healer, they shouldn't criticize your support pick. There should've been a second healer, Lucio really can't heal single targets enough on his own. There's also the possibility that you had a completely terrible team, but that really shouldn't be the conclusion you jump to.
Nah, I understand where I made my mistakes. I should have mentioned that the gold medal was for 6 eliminations. That was kind of the kicker. We failed so miserably, that gold was for only 6.

Our main problem was no tanks. Everyone decided to be a squishy flanker and/or sniper and I was the only healer.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: December 20, 2016, 01:23:44 am »

I played a couple more placement matches, currently at three wins, one loss.  Played McCree in two matches, Zen in another.

That "Stay in Group" button actually worked for once.  After we sort of facerolled an Anubis game, we randos grouped up six-man style for a second game, where we in turn got bested by team of mostly gold and plat players.  Ah well.

One of the guys in the group finished his ten games.  He got around 2300-2400, so I imagine that's around where I'll end up

Nah, where you'll end up is based on your previous season's final ranking, and if it's your first competitive season, it will use your quickplay matchmaking rating which really could dump you anywhere depending on how much you practice things you're bad at in quickplay. You should end up near your previous season's rating or QP MMR no matter how you do on those matches, maybe drop a few hundreds if you do REALLY bad.

I really don't suggest using that "stay as group" button in competitive, it's a trap. You're taking a team that was good at managing an uncoordinated or half-coordinated match against an equally uncoordinated team and making it into a large premade group that will end up fighting other large groups, a lot of which are coordinated. I tried it a couple times. I've had teams that just worked together so great and crushed the enemy just to be embarrassingly stomped once we turned it into a large group.

Don't do it if you value having a balanced match. Solo/duo queue and 6-stack are two completely different playing styles.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:29:09 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: December 20, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »

Important news:
http://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/tracer-reflections
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: December 20, 2016, 08:55:56 pm »

I'm...really not surprised.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: December 20, 2016, 09:29:33 pm »

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: December 20, 2016, 10:06:07 pm »

That must feel pretty bad for Zenyatta, being second pick to Mercy. A relationship built on a mountain of lies.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:10 pm »

The real question is, will they make any of their male characters gay.  That'll be an interesting day considering the MANLY MACHO MURDER MEN advertising FPSs have been getting for...ever, I guess.  Since DOOM?

The comic was full of little gems.  Dapper Omnic for next hero
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:41 pm »

The real question is, will they make any of their male characters gay.  That'll be an interesting day considering the MANLY MACHO MURDER MEN advertising FPSs have been getting for...ever, I guess.  Since DOOM?

The comic was full of little gems.  Dapper Omnic for next hero

My bets are on Junkrat and Roadhog being a couple, they are so cute with each other.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 107