Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167402 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1215 on: December 10, 2016, 10:58:45 pm »

Yeah, she's definitely in the git gud selection of heroes (alongside Genji, Widowmaker, &c.) where someone who doesn't know what they're doing is going to suck. If you're new to the game/role/genre, probably not a good pick. Zarya needs good timing and judicious use of abilities, almost every aspect of her kit depends on it.

Basically the way I see it is that anyone who says she's too squishy is being aggressive in an inappropriate way (constant slow frontline pushing rather than bursts of fast pushing); anyone who says she doesn't do damage doesn't know how to use her bubbles. You can maintain ~60-70 energy pretty easily even against good teams, especially if you're working in tandem with someone who wants to go up into their faces and trade damage, and if you're at high energy you're melting motherfuckers.

Also, uh, as for her M2 damage compared to Junkrat, Zarya's base grenade damage with no amplification is 45 with a 2m AoE. Junkrat's grenade damage is 120 with a 2m AoE. Yes, it's a third of the damage. If you're still keeping track, that means that a tank's spammable low-damage secondary fire soft CC tool does a third of the damage of one of the most consistent damage farmers in the game; it does better damage than McCree's bodyshots beyond ~30m. Now obviously with charge that increases (to a maximum of 90 damage at 100 energy), but if you're not pushed into beam range and melting people by then you're doing it wrong (since a 100 energy beam does 190 DPS)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: December 11, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

I've been trying Zarya recently, and I gotta say, the 3 stars difficulty isn't joking. Most times I'll mistime my self-shield thinking it lasts longer than 3 seconds and get rekt. I got into a good timing of shielding/ulting during one match where I distracted the enemy team, self shielded, then got 5 of them in an ult and quickly shielded our Reaper who ulted circles around them. Teamwork ho!

Everyone's right about her; she's the best off-tank. Pair her with a good Roadhog and you have a double-team sandwich where she can ulti all of you and shield Streetpig who will roll up with his ult and blast you all right off that one corner in Numbani near the A objective. I've just seen that happen, but it must be said the two were in a party together. Still hilarious.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: December 11, 2016, 03:08:48 pm »

Roadhog isn't a main tank... I'm pretty sure in today's meta he's not even a tank, picked for DPS.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: December 11, 2016, 04:35:23 pm »

Eh, he's sorta-kinda a tank in the sense that people love to shoot him and he can take it... for a second or two longer than anyone else. Agreed though, he's mainly there if you need someone who can dish it out without dying instantly, or if you need to get picks on priority targets like Lucio or Zenyatta. Doesn't help that he's basically hard-countered by Ana. The constant long range DoT fucks your health pool, the grenade blocks your heal, the sleep dart cancels your ult (and can also prevent you from killing someone with your combo if she gets it off right after you hook).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: December 11, 2016, 05:04:14 pm »

speaking of which, ana right now is stupidly strong, and ana+lucio is such an incredibly good synergy that i almost feel annoyed when people pick mercy or zenyatta

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: December 11, 2016, 06:02:18 pm »

Roadhog isn't a main tank... I'm pretty sure in today's meta he's not even a tank, picked for DPS.

Yeah, iirc he's used more as a lynchpin to dictate when pushes or similar begin.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: December 11, 2016, 06:10:37 pm »

Roadhog has a lot of HP and a large hitbox, but doesn't really fill the role of a tank in any other meaningful sense. His job is to deal a bunch of damage and murder anyone who gets too close with his hook.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: December 11, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »

Roadhog is what you'd get if you taped 3 Torbjorns together.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: December 12, 2016, 01:50:34 am »

He probably ate 3 Torbjorns. Torb dies hilariously easily to roadhog's secondary fire due to him being wide with his head inside his hitbox. Usually 1-shots them.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: December 12, 2016, 07:18:59 am »

My preferred description is two 76s taped to a McCree.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: December 14, 2016, 03:33:35 am »

Winter patch is here.
Symmetra rework is in.
I really like the new skins. Easily my favorite seasonal set so far, and at least 3 are on my must-have list to buy if I don't get them in present boxes.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: December 14, 2016, 12:39:54 pm »

The Sombra Winter skin doesn't look very special, and Mei and Lucio's are basically just the hat, but I don't mind getting them.
I played reworked Symmetra during only one game but I like her new barrier. It really feels useful.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: December 14, 2016, 12:41:31 pm »

If any of you are wondering how to go about winning the christmas event brawl, here are the rules and some tips.

Rules:
-6v6 all Mei with a modified gun
-you only have 1 shot
-you must go to a snow pile and right-click to get your shot back
-Mei's ultimate is changed to one allowing rapid-fire of snowballs for a few seconds
-you only have 1 life

Tips:
-You shouldn't treat this as a normal fight. Going in and shooting first will more often than not get you killed. Instead, focus on making the enemy waste their shot so you can take them out safely or while they're reloading. The game turns into a tactical mindgame of baiting enemies into shooting at your ice block or ice wall. Make your shots count.
-Try to use ice block for wasting enemy shots rather than ice wall
-Keep your ice wall for lifting enemies trying to get a snowball and then get the snowball yourself, first person to start gathering gets it.
-If you don't feel safe picking up a snowball, you can use a wall as cover, but I prefer gathering a snowball in the middle of the yard in the open, looking around and using ice block to waste the shots of people who think they've got an easy kill.
-Allies and enemies have a snowflake above their head and a glow to their gun when they have a shot. This lets you know who to be scared of and who you can safely kill/ignore...unless
-You can trick people into thinking you're harmless by not having a shot when your ultimate is available. The ultimate will let you fire before the enemy knows you've started your ultimate.
-You can destroy Mei's wall with snowballs, it's sort of tricky/buggy but the ult chews right through it.
-Mei is cray

Overall I love this new mode. I have been playing a lot of it with friends and even dying early is fine because then it becomes a tense spectator sport and we commentate the tense action and have some good laughs.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:20:47 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: December 14, 2016, 05:18:14 pm »

The quality of the Winter skins seems so divergent. Lucio for example, only has a hat. Yet for the same price you can get Pharah with icy spikes on her armor and an icy air effect.

Also the Mei skin is legendary despite only being a pallete swap with a hat for Mei and a bow for Snowball.
Although it does change her iceblock into a snowman, you're basically paying 2250 coins for that snowman then.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: December 14, 2016, 06:05:07 pm »

I really have not gotten the hang of Symmetra's new shield. It seems like it should be really useful, but I've yet to really notice much of a difference when I use it.

Probably better with a well coordinated team and not the randoms I've been doing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 107