Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167380 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1185 on: December 04, 2016, 11:49:55 pm »

Just make sure to release a whole bunch of devlogs going "it's totally respectful and shit, guys!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 05, 2016, 01:10:00 am »

I did a thing.

There was zero communication involved in that, incidentally. I think I established a psychic link with the Reinhardt.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 05, 2016, 12:25:21 pm »

Classic Hanzo, not on the point so he survived the blast. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 05, 2016, 12:28:17 pm »

To be fair he was absolutely murdering us for most of that match. I switched to D.Va on the last round solely to block his arrows.

3. Run Resize Enable

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 05, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »

Anyone else have a deep hatred of Bastion? I know he sucks in a lot of ways, but he just seems so anti-fun.

I especially dislike his Ultimate, it's very frustrating. Just when you're about to kill off that annoying Bastion he ults, healing him and giving him an insta-murder cannon that's pretty much inescapable. It's the ultimate squishy destroyer.

Also I similarly dislike Torbjorn and Winston for their healing ultimates, but less so because they don't get insta-murder cannons, though Torb is close.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 05, 2016, 09:36:13 pm »

I would try to give you advice, but I don't know a fucking thing about Overwatch, so rip.
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 05, 2016, 10:03:08 pm »

Anyone else have a deep hatred of Bastion? I know he sucks in a lot of ways, but he just seems so anti-fun.

I especially dislike his Ultimate, it's very frustrating. Just when you're about to kill off that annoying Bastion he ults, healing him and giving him an insta-murder cannon that's pretty much inescapable. It's the ultimate squishy destroyer.
You seen The Last Bastion?  He's cute AF.

Seriously tho, mixed feelings all the way.  His ult has the same BS as Genji's ult where it can't be canceled short of death.  On the other hand, unlike Genji's ult you can't cancel the activation/deactivation animation, he still moves no faster than a normal character, and literally all tank abilities work on it (as opposed to Genji where NO tank can block the attack).  He gains extra health but he doesn't heal when he ults.  If he's at 1 health, he'll end up at 151 health.  Since even Mercy could strip a good chunk of the armor off during the animation, one solution is to just keep shooting him and nuke him down quickly.  The other alternative is to have everyone run and leave someone like D'va or Rein behind to eat the majority of the ult (and hopefully escape/get healed once their defenses run out).  If Bastion were in the meta I would consider his ult OP, but too one-dimensional to be truly broken.

As for as the rest of his character, he's so bad he never gets used in my games.  But at the skill level where he is used.  On one hand, he's unfun, and results in boring stalemates.  On the other hand, he's a gateway drug for new players entering the game who aren't good at FPSs (alongside Junkrat, turret characters, and "pure" healers).  He also teaches players creative use of their abilities and cover, since he's good against a frontal charge but nothing else.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 05, 2016, 10:09:39 pm »

mercy's the only "pure" healer

do not underestimate the damage lucio can do

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:04 pm »

By that definition Mercy isn't a pure healer either.  If her damage boosts got added to her damage total you bet your butt she'd walk away with medals some games.  At that point you might as well say Rein isn't a pure tank or widow isn't a pure sniper while you're at it, since both are capable of doing plenty damage when they aren't performing their primary function.  Even tho those are two of the most specialized characters in the game.

I mean I'll give you being able to attack and heal at the same time is a bit hybrid but like, eh?  His passive + passive heal make him survivable, I wouldn't count him as a tank tho since he doesn't perform the functions of a tank for the team.  He might walk away with a decent damage count but his role isn't to deal damage, its just gravy.  His gun is also awful; you could give his left clicks to de-meched D'va or Mercy and it would be a nerf.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 06, 2016, 12:38:30 am »

If you're playing Mercy and running around with a heal-beam glued to allies who are already at full health, you're doing it wrong. Pull out your pistol and shoot someone!

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 06, 2016, 12:59:51 am »

You seen The Last Bastion?  He's cute AF.
Yes, that was pretty cute  :) I don't mind the story, just the mechanics.

Seriously tho, mixed feelings all the way.  His ult has the same BS as Genji's ult where it can't be canceled short of death.  On the other hand, unlike Genji's ult you can't cancel the activation/deactivation animation, he still moves no faster than a normal character, and literally all tank abilities work on it (as opposed to Genji where NO tank can block the attack).  He gains extra health but he doesn't heal when he ults.  If he's at 1 health, he'll end up at 151 health.
Yeah I understand all this, but still find it incredibly frustrating. Also, you can rocket jump with Bastion so he's not too immobile.

I usually play Roadhog to counter him now, basically guaranteed death if he gets into hook range. Those backline Bastions are still a pain though, but at least they're contributing less.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: December 06, 2016, 09:09:25 am »

D.Va is a hard counter, Genji is a hard counter (that requires a modicum of skill), Sombra is a hard counter if she can get behind without being seen, any long-range pinpoint damage heroes can soft-counter if the player can corner-peek faster than Bastion can react (basically always because of the slight spin-up time). Junkrat is a hard counter if he knows his angles or the Bastion is positioned poorly. As you said, Roadhog is a counter if he can get close enough to hook (a combo with D.Va is particularly good for this).

He's not played much beyond low level/newbie games precisely because he's only good up until the enemy team has someone who knows how to deal with him, which most experienced players do. The best use at that point is a one-life pull to set up an ambush from an unexpected angle, you can still bag a couple kills like that to blunt an advance.

3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 06, 2016, 09:24:03 am »

mercy's the only "pure" healer

do not underestimate the damage lucio can do
Isn't that the truth. Everyone who has had me as healer knows I play as DJ Tank.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 06, 2016, 12:41:02 pm »

I did a thing.

There was zero communication involved in that, incidentally. I think I established a psychic link with the Reinhardt.

https://gfycat.com/HilariousAridFerret

Feels so good when the numbers start to pop-up

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: December 07, 2016, 10:06:42 pm »

There's something you can do with Symmetra that no other character can and I switch to her as a counter-pick when I see it is needed.

For example, tonight I was playing with friends in a 4 stack and 2 randoms vs a full 6 stack more organized than us on Temple of Anubis attack. The enemy team wouldn't let us through the first choke because they had both a torb turret and a bastion protected by Reinhardt stopping our dps from taking out rein's shield. I switched off Ana and grabbed symmetra and kept launching charged balls through the shield and into bastion and the turret until both died and we took point A despite lucio being our only healer. Bastion wisened up on point B and started switching between the 2 doorways when I hit him but he could never deploy for long, allowing us to get in and after a wipe I placed a sneaky portal near point B under the bridge and we won.

Symmetra can be used to counter Reinhardt defensive bunker comps already as is and when the patch hits she's going to be godly for initiating into them.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 107