Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167360 times)

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1170 on: December 02, 2016, 06:39:25 pm »

It usually is a "good idea", with seasons like those, not to play your placement matches in the first week of the season :
Because they're placement matches for everybody now, players think that they are matched with people they don't deserve and leave REALLY easily.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: December 03, 2016, 03:15:42 am »

Just finished my placement matches for S3.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IDK how ranking works in OW, but apparently I placed in gold after going 5:5 (I didn't play S2 at all and didn't finish my S1 placements).

It bases it partially on your quickplay MMR

woosholay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: December 03, 2016, 04:06:08 am »

Got 3k after placement (10-20 pts away from s2 rank), the weird thing tho is that I get 50 or more points for winning even if i'm not on a streak, yet I lose only 15-20 on a loss. Not complaining though :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: December 03, 2016, 07:52:24 am »

Just finished my placement matches for S3.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IDK how ranking works in OW, but apparently I placed in gold after going 5:5 (I didn't play S2 at all and didn't finish my S1 placements).

It bases it partially on your quickplay MMR

Wow, that is surprisingly sensible.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 04, 2016, 12:50:43 am »

I'm playing RIGHT NOW. I probably shouldn't competitive while drinking, but whatever.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 04, 2016, 12:58:18 am »

It's a shame, really. This game looks really, really good, and then I remember that I can't handle competitive games. Still, I'll have to try it sometime. Maybe my tolerance for repeated losing has grown over the years...
Its better with people you know... or if you just find the character you're playing innately fun.

Definitely can be *aggravating* to play tho, and aside from a serious minded 6 stack there's not much you can do to avoid it.  Depends on when you play and how calm you are.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: December 04, 2016, 01:19:14 am »

I made friends with a Mercy main in comp!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 04, 2016, 05:59:56 am »

I made friends with a Mercy main in comp!

*sigh* life goals^^

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: December 04, 2016, 06:42:22 am »

hello i am a lucio main

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 04, 2016, 11:17:46 am »

I love heated arguments in which a Genji tells me why my Reaper is a bad pick into streetpig and mother russia.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 04, 2016, 11:45:23 am »

In this meta of Genji, I found a new niche in being a good Winston. He can negate Genji usually by just sticking on him and Genji has very little to counter a Winston who keeps peeling him off of objectives and squishy teammates unless he's got his ulti. At the very least you're wasting the Genji's time while being able to help your team with a bubble and at best you're walking Weeaboo death.
My other favorite of the time is Junkrat because no-one expects the carpet bomb. Literally, just mine jump over the objective from a raised point and lob grenades into the common camping corners where most people will hide and boom, at least 3 kills most times.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 04, 2016, 01:59:31 pm »

hello i am a lucio main

hello i am zenyatta main

peace be upon u
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 04, 2016, 02:13:30 pm »

My other favorite of the time is Junkrat because no-one expects the carpet bomb. Literally, just mine jump over the objective from a raised point and lob grenades into the common camping corners where most people will hide and boom, at least 3 kills most times.
This is a big part of why I love Junkrat, he's insanely mobile in a manner that's difficult to predict and can indirect-fire all the usual suspects. The only thing that approximates a real counter is Zarya if she times her bubbles well, which basically forces you to switch, play sub-optimally, or have her constantly at high energy.

3. Run Resize Enable

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 04, 2016, 08:08:48 pm »

Rein still has the most playtime for me, but I've been doing a lot of work with Junkrat and Zenyatta. Both are great for popping turrets and deployed bastions, which I hate with a passion.

I had an idea for a new character, too. I like the fusion classes they've got set up, but one I'd like to see is a healing tank. I was wondering what'd be a good fit and also add to the cast diversity, and  thought what about, like, a Shaman (I know Pharah has Native American skins, but she isn't)? Make him big and burly, a la Vulcan Raven. I was also wondering what kind of healing effect would be unique to a new character, and I thought, "What about a targeted AOE?" You'd, say, hit shift like Zen, but instead of a HoT on one target, it's a burst heal effect in an area. The other ability I think might go well with it would be a very tight radius repelling shockwave. Minimal to no damage, and only in essentially melee range of the character. For his weapon I figured a hunting spear that could be used in melee or tossed with alt fire, but while another spear is pulled from the (is it still a) quiver (for spears?) the player would have no means of defense. As for an Ult, I thought maybe something along the lines of some sort of life-draining tar pit: while an enemy is in the area affected by the ult they move slower and take some damage over time.

Thinking up Overwatch characters is actually pretty fun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 04, 2016, 11:37:26 pm »

Good luck with your cultural appropriation, shitlord.  :P

But seriously the SJWs whined enough about Tracer's butt to get the game changed, good luck.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 107