Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167349 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #960 on: September 01, 2016, 03:53:45 am »

Just got overwatch yesterday if anyone's still playing and up for grouping. Been having a blast.
add Ygdrad #1694
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 01, 2016, 12:09:36 pm »

Overwatch is having a free weekend for consoles apparently:  https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20243911

Not sure why the PC isn't, but maybe they have something else planned there.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 02, 2016, 10:57:50 am »

Healers rejoice! I haven't checked the patch notes, but I think today's patch changed the math behind the pick for player of the match highlight and healers can now get it if they outdo themselves. I've seen a Mercy get it after a bunch of quick healing followed by dodging a Dva ult and then reviving her whole team. I've also managed to get it as Ana when the match was in overtime, healed an ally then got hit by a Junkrat mine, flew into the air, ulted our Reinhart which in his infinite wisdom then dashed away from the payload which was inches away from the endzone to go murder some faraway enemies. I then took matters into my own hands, landed next to the payload to contest, shot a nearby injured Genji to death and punted their healer off the payload to end the overtime and win the match.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 02, 2016, 12:10:27 pm »

Come to think of it, I saw a Mercy PoTG yesterday too that wasn't an epic 6 man res.  :)

I'm liking the new map so far, its a lot of fun.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 02, 2016, 12:18:03 pm »

More Healer POTGs confirmed, saw a Zen do absolutely nothing save for ult when a couple of my teammates were in need of hps.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 02, 2016, 01:28:19 pm »

Oh there's a forum topic.

Well, I got this game a couple days ago and only played it twice so far (Been distracted by the new Titan Quest update) so I'm still pretty terrible. If I could play with other people, maybe get some coordination going, then I dunno, maybe things won't be so bad.
Also apparently the game was between seasons or something? I dunno. The number below people's names is their level right? Pretty sure I was level 8 or something going up against level 50+ people, even saw some level 99...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 02, 2016, 10:04:39 pm »

Oh there's a forum topic.

Well, I got this game a couple days ago and only played it twice so far (Been distracted by the new Titan Quest update) so I'm still pretty terrible. If I could play with other people, maybe get some coordination going, then I dunno, maybe things won't be so bad.
Also apparently the game was between seasons or something? I dunno. The number below people's names is their level right? Pretty sure I was level 8 or something going up against level 50+ people, even saw some level 99...

Yeah, that's your level. It's not your ranked level. That said, I'm level 40, and I tend to get matched up with 100+ on the regular. I'm pretty sure it tries to take your character performance into account when placing you in quick play games, so if you're not being placed in matches around the same level, then you can be assured the game's matchmaking thinks you're "gud".

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 02, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »

I think it's primarily based off of your win/loss ratio. I'm sure there are other factors, but I'm pretty sure that's the most heavily weighted.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 03, 2016, 01:17:58 am »

Yeah, ranked season 1 ended like a week ago, and season 2 was scheduled to start on the 6th...though I'm just now reading that apparently they launched it early without any warning, so it should be underway now.

As for level, it's worth noting that every 100 levels you gain a star. So someone with a 42 under their name and 2 stars around their nameplate is actually level 242.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 03, 2016, 03:21:10 am »

I started my competitive calibration today thinking "I'm going to calibrate at about 2000 MMR because I'm always 2000 MMR in everything", though I was assuming that to be on the low end (which is right)

i calibrated at 1993

bottom 5% boiz

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 03, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »

Gonna have to do the competitive s2 calibration soon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 03, 2016, 09:43:18 pm »

Feel like grouping fucks with placement game matchmaking. I don't think those who have placed should be able to group with those who haven't. Or maybe don't allow grouping at all for placement games, that way you rely more on communicating with your teammates and, in my opinion, actually testing your skills. Both my placement games were against groups with at least three people placed already.

I wish I could say it was just salt since I've catastrophically lost the first two placement games I've played, but even before my first game when I saw half the opposing team was already sorted into their houses I was calling bullshit.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #972 on: September 06, 2016, 04:50:36 pm »

I was going to go and list the heroes by hogwarts houses but, well, they tend to either be slytherin or griffindor. Might put Bastion in Hufflepuff.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 06, 2016, 07:34:16 pm »

Blizzard writers love hammy HEROS and VILLAINS.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 07, 2016, 01:33:53 am »

The fates winked and smiled upon me. 7 wins 2 losses 1 draw, finished my ranking at 2505.

EDIT: Kismet smirked and decided to balance the scales. Right after ranking, 9 losses in a row.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:27:10 am by Folly »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 107